this bothered me

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Northeast

Acrobat
A while back I was looking on ebay and I found a shirt that disturbed me...I was wondering if any of you had seen it. Its black and on the front has a big pic of a gun and under the gun it says "KILL BONO". I really hate it and think its stupid......I guess they were made a while ago by some loser punk band....its just something that doestn' need to exist....:yikes:

hey miss_u2 how are you? seen bono lately?!!!!:drool:

Anyway, yeah I didn't like the shirt at all it really pissed me off big time. I mean what if his kids saw it or something.....or what if a mob of Bono fans saw it and kicked the living crap out of the person wearing it, ...ha ha ha....I would!:evil:

Someone actually wore one of these shirts to the Columbus Popmart show, Bono pointed to the guy and said that he wanted that shirt, so the guy took it off and gave it to him. Bono put it on and integrated it into Bullet the Blue Sky. Think there may be a photo of Bono with the shirt on floating around somewhere...

You have to be a real:censored: to wear that to a u2 show...bono handled it well though, I would have beat him down..ha ha ha and then kicked him out of the show

Pop Artist said:
Someone actually wore one of these shirts to the Columbus Popmart show, Bono pointed to the guy and said that he wanted that shirt, so the guy took it off and gave it to him. Bono put it on and integrated it into Bullet the Blue Sky. Think there may be a photo of Bono with the shirt on floating around somewhere...

Wow. Bono has some guts, some confidence, some moxy.:applaud:

:hug: good for u Bono.....u show them that nothing would stop u from doing what u do...........:bow: and :madspit: at those ppl would made those shirts........

Honestly if i saw him with that..........i'd beat him down .......:macdevil: :mad:

Pop Artist said:

I was at this concert in Columbus. People were giving that guy shit during the entire concert for wearing that shirt. I threw something at him (heh heh). Bono really did handle it well.....I kept worrying that he would see it.

The_acrobat said:

I was at this concert in Columbus. People were giving that guy shit during the entire concert for wearing that shirt. I threw something at him (heh heh). Bono really did handle it well.....I kept worrying that he would see it.

Why on earth would someone wear this shirt to a U2 concert? Not that someone should ever wear this type of shirt :no:

but really, why spend all that money on a concert to go and wear a shirt like that. I hate to say the guy wearing the shirt was asking for it, but well, he was :grumpy:

What a crap!
:bow: and :love: to Bono...

I heard that one of the girls of Kittie (you remember that chick band?) wore a shirt that said "U2 is a boy band" or something like that

kellyahern said:
Why on earth would someone wear this shirt to a U2 concert? Not that someone should ever wear this type of shirt :no:

but really, why spend all that money on a concert to go and wear a shirt like that. I hate to say the guy wearing the shirt was asking for it, but well, he was :grumpy:

That person had no brains, or class, and he was looking to stir up trouble. Wearing a "Kill Bono" shirt to a U2 concert would be almost like wearing a swastika in a Synagogue. :coocoo: Don't be surprised if you're thrown out on your ass, after getting it kicked.

But Bono rose above it, showed that he truly had class and wit, and a massive capacity for forgiveness. Yet another demonstration of why we love him. :applaud:

Last edited:
there is no end to my amazement at the stupidity that exists in this world. at least we have U2 to look up to, especially to handle the situation as they (Bono) did. He is THE man

Sue DeNym said:
That person had no brains, or class, and he was looking to stir up trouble. Wearing a "Kill Bono" shirt to a U2 concert would be almost like wearing a swastika in a Synagogue. :coocoo: Don't be surprised if you're thrown out on your ass, after getting it kicked.

But Bono rose above it, showed that he truly had class and wit, and a massive capacity for forgiveness. Yet another demonstration of why we love him. :applaud:

Agree completely with this.

Angel

ugh :mad: :scream: !

I hadn't heard about this! [ :hmm: of course, that's right- I was kinda out of it during the Pop tour time]. Yes, he handled it with great alpomb.

Still, I am not totally suprised, horrified-yes! It also could be a certain type of American rightwinger :tsk:

sends *******white light protection******* Bono's way.

I work in retail and about a year ago, a guy came into the store wearing this exact shirt. I was walking in to work with my friends and they all saw it before me...they turned around to see what I would do. I was too dumbfounded to even come up with words. They all said they were waiting to watch me cry :grumpy:

some people are brainless........................its especially not funny because a while back there was all of those death threats against Bono........we dont' need people like that

Exactly ^^^^.

Honestly, people who send death threats or do other things along that line just need to get lives, and fast. And it's even stupider for the fact that this kind of thing is constantly targeted towards people who are trying to do good things in this world. It's like, what the hell? Did I miss the memo? Since when was being a good, caring, peaceful person a bad thing?

Mrs.Clayton said:
I work in retail and about a year ago, a guy came into the store wearing this exact shirt. I was walking in to work with my friends and they all saw it before me...they turned around to see what I would do. I was too dumbfounded to even come up with words. They all said they were waiting to watch me cry :grumpy:

Gee, how nice. :|.

Angela

i wanted to buy the damn thing on ebay just to get it and tear it up

Does anyone know if they know who made those death threats against Bono earlier this year?:(

Last edited:
I'm usually fairly open minded but there is nothing humourous in this awful shirt. Isn't it technically illegal- as in hate crimes or a threat or something? There are too many disturbed individuals in this world as it is without encouraging this kind of sh*t. Say 100 shirts are sold- granted 99 of them might be to tasteless immature morons who think it makes them look - oh who the f*ck knows the logic of how they'd think it makes them look- but what if just one person who sees/ buys that shirt is unstable or irrational? Doesn't ebay monitor what is sold on their site?

Back
Top Bottom