this bothered me - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Your Blue Room > PLEBA > PLEBA Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 12-10-2003, 01:41 PM   #1
Acrobat

Local Time: 02:33 AM
this bothered me

A while back I was looking on ebay and I found a shirt that disturbed me...I was wondering if any of you had seen it. Its black and on the front has a big pic of a gun and under the gun it says "KILL BONO". I really hate it and think its stupid......I guess they were made a while ago by some loser punk band....its just something that doestn' need to exist....

Old 12-10-2003, 02:02 PM   #2
Refugee

Local Time: 08:33 AM
oh geez, i can't believe this... i don't like this at all!!

Old 12-10-2003, 02:07 PM   #3
Acrobat

hey miss_u2 how are you? seen bono lately?!!!!

Anyway, yeah I didn't like the shirt at all it really pissed me off big time. I mean what if his kids saw it or something.....or what if a mob of Bono fans saw it and kicked the living crap out of the person wearing it, ...ha ha ha....I would!
Old 12-10-2003, 02:09 PM   #4
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 03:33 AM
Someone actually wore one of these shirts to the Columbus Popmart show, Bono pointed to the guy and said that he wanted that shirt, so the guy took it off and gave it to him. Bono put it on and integrated it into Bullet the Blue Sky. Think there may be a photo of Bono with the shirt on floating around somewhere...
Old 12-10-2003, 02:11 PM   #5
Acrobat

You have to be a real to wear that to a u2 show...bono handled it well though, I would have beat him down..ha ha ha and then kicked him out of the show
Old 12-10-2003, 02:18 PM   #6
Acrobat

Local Time: 12:33 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Pop Artist
Someone actually wore one of these shirts to the Columbus Popmart show, Bono pointed to the guy and said that he wanted that shirt, so the guy took it off and gave it to him. Bono put it on and integrated it into Bullet the Blue Sky. Think there may be a photo of Bono with the shirt on floating around somewhere...
Wow. Bono has some guts, some confidence, some moxy.
Old 12-10-2003, 02:38 PM   #7
War Child

Local Time: 01:33 AM

good for u Bono.....u show them that nothing would stop u from doing what u do........... and at those ppl would made those shirts........

Honestly if i saw him with that..........i'd beat him down .......
Old 12-10-2003, 03:53 PM   #8
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 07:33 AM
I hate it when people wear stuff like that........good for Bono, he handled it well.
Old 12-10-2003, 05:21 PM   #9
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Quote:
Originally posted by Pop Artist
I was at this concert in Columbus. People were giving that guy shit during the entire concert for wearing that shirt. I threw something at him (heh heh). Bono really did handle it well.....I kept worrying that he would see it.
Old 12-10-2003, 05:55 PM   #10
Blue Crack Supplier

Location: 8 years and I still can't think of anything witty to put here
Quote:
Originally posted by The_acrobat

I was at this concert in Columbus. People were giving that guy shit during the entire concert for wearing that shirt. I threw something at him (heh heh). Bono really did handle it well.....I kept worrying that he would see it.
Why on earth would someone wear this shirt to a U2 concert? Not that someone should ever wear this type of shirt

but really, why spend all that money on a concert to go and wear a shirt like that. I hate to say the guy wearing the shirt was asking for it, but well, he was
Old 12-10-2003, 07:06 PM   #11
War Child

That is really stupid but :clap: for Bono as always taking the high road.
Old 12-10-2003, 07:20 PM   #12
War Child

What a crap!
and to Bono...

I heard that one of the girls of Kittie (you remember that chick band?) wore a shirt that said "U2 is a boy band" or something like that
Old 12-10-2003, 07:49 PM   #13
Refugee

Local Time: 11:33 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by kellyahern
Why on earth would someone wear this shirt to a U2 concert? Not that someone should ever wear this type of shirt

but really, why spend all that money on a concert to go and wear a shirt like that. I hate to say the guy wearing the shirt was asking for it, but well, he was
That person had no brains, or class, and he was looking to stir up trouble. Wearing a "Kill Bono" shirt to a U2 concert would be almost like wearing a swastika in a Synagogue. Don't be surprised if you're thrown out on your ass, after getting it kicked.

But Bono rose above it, showed that he truly had class and wit, and a massive capacity for forgiveness. Yet another demonstration of why we love him.
Old 12-10-2003, 07:58 PM   #14
The Fly

there is no end to my amazement at the stupidity that exists in this world. at least we have U2 to look up to, especially to handle the situation as they (Bono) did. He is THE man
Old 12-10-2003, 08:11 PM   #15
Blue Crack Addict

Location: In a dimension known as the Twilight Zone...do de doo doo, do de doo doo...
Quote:
Originally posted by Sue DeNym
That person had no brains, or class, and he was looking to stir up trouble. Wearing a "Kill Bono" shirt to a U2 concert would be almost like wearing a swastika in a Synagogue. Don't be surprised if you're thrown out on your ass, after getting it kicked.

But Bono rose above it, showed that he truly had class and wit, and a massive capacity for forgiveness. Yet another demonstration of why we love him.
Agree completely with this.

Angel
Old 12-17-2003, 10:20 PM   #16
Blue Crack Supplier

ugh !

I hadn't heard about this! [ of course, that's right- I was kinda out of it during the Pop tour time]. Yes, he handled it with great alpomb.

Still, I am not totally suprised, horrified-yes! It also could be a certain type of American rightwinger

sends *******white light protection******* Bono's way.
Old 12-19-2003, 11:12 AM   #17
Refugee

Local Time: 12:33 AM
I work in retail and about a year ago, a guy came into the store wearing this exact shirt. I was walking in to work with my friends and they all saw it before me...they turned around to see what I would do. I was too dumbfounded to even come up with words. They all said they were waiting to watch me cry
Old 12-19-2003, 11:24 AM   #18
Blue Crack Addict

I've never seen anyone wearing that one, but I did see a teenage guy once wearing a "kill Britney" shirt
Old 12-19-2003, 12:39 PM   #19
Refugee

Yeah, the guy was asking for it! but 3 cheers for Bono handling it so well! and another for the many fans that didn't beat him!
Old 12-19-2003, 12:52 PM   #20
Acrobat

some people are brainless........................its especially not funny because a while back there was all of those death threats against Bono........we dont' need people like that