This BB is a little crazy...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Valin-Halcyon

Babyface
I tried to register "Valin Halcyon" like over 6 months ago, then I go and reg "Valin_Halcyon", and I get a reply in like a day or two... Hello?? What's wrong with this picture?

Anyway, I'm Valin, Winter Halcyon's husband. I'd have posted sooner, but the aforementioned probelm is why. Grrr....

Let's see...I'm a computer game designer, and to make money, I work on computer networks. It's not that bad really, I've just started making games, and until you get your first one out the door, the cash is a bit thin. :p

After Winter's birthday recently, I think it's hard to argue who's the U2 fanatic of the house now...it used to be her, then I went and bought Bono's sunglassess, had my hair arrianged correctly and got the right shirt and stuff...and gave her a bunch of roses...dressed like Bono. (I DO have an uncanny resembelance when properly dressed...) So, I guess it's safe to say we're a well Elevated couple.
smile.gif

I just have one last thing to say...WILL YOU ALL PLEASE STOP QUOTING POSTS WITH FULL PICTURES, OR THE POST DIRECTLY BEFORE YOURS?!?! There, I feel better now.

------------------
--Valin Halcyon
Descent IV Design Lead
www.Descent4.net
Winter Halcyon's other half. ;)

Originally posted by Valin_Halcyon:

I just have one last thing to say...WILL YOU ALL PLEASE STOP QUOTING POSTS WITH FULL PICTURES, OR THE POST DIRECTLY BEFORE YOURS?!?! There, I feel better now.

huh? can you please explain that again?

*Proceeds to bash Bono's American Wife about the room with a Wet Trout!*

YOU QUOTED THE POST DIRECTLY BEFORE YOURS!!! AAAARRRGGGHHHHH!!!!

------------------
--Valin Halcyon
Descent IV Design Lead
www.Descent4.net

Hey, so you're Winter's hubby? I think that's a first in PLEBA.

Well, hello and welcome.
smile.gif

Isn't Winter pregnant with twins? Am I thinking of the right person? She hasn't been around lately.

------------------
"I have a dragon, and I know how to use it. I'm a donkey on the edge!" -Shrek

Happy St. Patrick's Day!

Love,
Emily

Visit my webpage for U2 wallpapers:
www.geocities.com/springtime5348/index.html

Yes it is, yes she is, and you're right, no she hasn't. She's sleeping a lot more and busy resting. Confoosed yet? :p

------------------
--Valin Halcyon
Descent IV Design Lead
www.Descent4.net

Yes it is, yes she is, and you're right, no she hasn't. She's sleeping a lot more and busy resting. Confoosed yet? :p

This is when it would be a good time to quote the message directly before yours!
biggrin.gif

Anyway, welcome! Shall we begin to call you Papa now so you can get used to it?
wink.gif

------------------
Mirror mirror hanging in the sky, won't you look down to what's happening here below? I stand here singing to the flowers. So very few people really know. I dare a man to say I'm too young, for I'm going to try for the sun.

Seagull, I don't want your wings, I don't want your freedom in a lie.

And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make.

*Proceeds to bash Bono's American Wife about the room with a Wet Trout!*

YOU QUOTED THE POST DIRECTLY BEFORE YOURS!!! AAAARRRGGGHHHHH!!!!

Okay buddy, your not getting off to a very good start here telling us what to do.

We quote the post we are referring to because when a thread gets to 60 or 70 posts, it generally helps the person you are responding to know what you are talking about. We've always done it and probably always will. Sorry if you don't like it.

Allow me to demonstrate...

Originally posted by Bono's American Wife:
Okay buddy, your not getting off to a very good start here telling us what to do.

We quote the post we are referring to because when a thread gets to 60 or 70 posts, it generally helps the person you are responding to know what you are talking about. We've always done it and probably always will. Sorry if you don't like it.

Annoyed yet? Just wait until someone quotes a 130 post thread...

------------------
--Valin Halcyon
Descent IV Design Lead
www.Descent4.net

*sigh* Nevermind...Winter says it's already been done. :p

------------------
--Valin Halcyon
Descent IV Design Lead
www.Descent4.net

So, you want us to respond up here when we quote things?

No!
tongue.gif

I say we only refer to Valin as Big Daddy PLEBA.
biggrin.gif
Think Scott will be jealous?

Give Winter our love and tell her to rest up. We're saving her honorary spot in LEATHER.

------------------
"I have a dragon, and I know how to use it. I'm a donkey on the edge!" -Shrek

Happy St. Patrick's Day!

Love,
Emily

Visit my webpage for U2 wallpapers:
www.geocities.com/springtime5348/index.html

Originally posted by MissVelvetDress_75:
not to be an ass or anything, but if you do not like quotes being used in threads, than just don't read this board.

Thank you MVD, I didn't want to go to far because it's Winter's husband but someone had to say it. We love our quotes!

Well, then if you must quote, you must, but if you quote a post with a pic in it, can you at least edit out the image code? On long threads reposting the same pic 30 times over makes for very slow page loading...

In a quote, image code looks like this for those that don't know:
Code:
 [-IMG]http://www.adomain.com/mypic.jpg[/IMG]
Without the - in the first (img)
------------------
--Valin Halcyon
Descent IV Design Lead www.Descent4.net
Winter Halcyon's other half.
wink.gif

[This message has been edited by Valin_Halcyon (edited 03-16-2002).]

Okay, sorry about the little disagreement back there but honestly, why do the quotes bother you Valin?

It really is cool to have a PLEBA husband here but why do you want us to change the way we have always done things? I'm really just curious, not trying to start a fight.

yeah. just to warn you, youre one of like, 3 guys in here. Pleba can be a lot like the U2 playgirl mansion...if you know what i mean..so be careful! welcome aboard! and congratulations on the twins!!!
*is jealous of woman with Bono-wannabe husband*
*is jealous of woman with husband-period*
wink.gif

------------------
Proud owner & lover *munch munch*(of the now late) Larry cookie

[This message has been edited by Ali Rose (edited 03-16-2002).]

Mostly because they bother Winter. :p

Unless a post is really confusing, quoting a post that is directly before yours is a waste of good text. I don't want to read a post 2, 3 or 4 times in a single thread. It gets annoying....and quoted images are even worse...you have no idea how annyoing it is to wait 2 or 3 mins for a page to load, only to see that the reason its so slow is because of a single image that was reposted in quotes 5, 6 times or more...

...now to go find that leather jacket he wears. Anyone got some good shots of all those patches on it?

------------------
--Valin Halcyon
wink.gif

Okay, I'm glad it lightened up in here cause I was gonna have to splatter some Bono all up in here! I may just have to anyway!
biggrin.gif

3339573523232%7Ffp7%3Enu%3D3235%3E746%3E353%3EWSNRCG%3D323238896878%3Bnu0mrj

------------------
Mirror mirror hanging in the sky, won't you look down to what's happening here below? I stand here singing to the flowers. So very few people really know. I dare a man to say I'm too young, for I'm going to try for the sun.

what clarity said. sheesh, nice welcome to the newbie.

btw, those of us with crawling modems can relate...every time 10 pics are posted and then reposted in every reply it takes that many more minutes for the thing to load.
wink.gif

Nothing wrong with pics...just the same pic on the same thread reposted a bunch of times.

BTW, these are close to the exact glasses I bought. The ones I have are the ones he wore in the Tomb Raider Elevation video. They don't have the nose cushions like these do.

1016135719.1812381815.jpg

------------------
--Valin Halcyon
wink.gif

Where did you find those glasses? I've been looking all over the place!

------------------

I saw a brown suede coat pretty close to that at the Gap a few months ago but I don't know if they still carry it, it might be out of season already?

Umm...I don't think you understand...these are THE shades. The ones he wears in the video.

If you want replicas, the maker is an Italian name, Bvlogari (Occhiali).

And I take that back...after looking at the glasses again, they DO have nose cushions. :p

------------------
--Valin Halcyon
Descent IV Design Lead
www.Descent4.net

Well, then if you must quote, you must, but if you quote a post with a pic in it, can you at least edit out the image code? On long threads reposting the same pic 30 times over makes for very slow page loading...

Quit having off-spring and instead spend your $$ on a fast broadband connection.
biggrin.gif

Actually, he does have a point. I have no problems with quotes when used properly (and for the overwhelming majority of users here, this holds true), but I hate when someone quotes an entire message, with pics, and then adds a two word "I agree" type of message at the bottom! AAAAH! This forum is great (hence why I love it so) regarding quotes, but EYKIW is a nightmare.

*runs back to the safety of the chart/sales, er, I mean "Where the Album Has a Name" forum.

Umm...I don't think you understand...these are THE shades.
i think they know what you are talking about valin, there is no misunderstanding, you purchased the bono-like shades and they were asking where you purchased your pair. sounds pretty clear cut to me.

[This message has been edited by sparkys girl (edited 03-16-2002).]

Back
Top Bottom