This Aint a Love Song pt 2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

edge's girl

Acrobat
I got more time to write then I thought I would, so you guys get the next part earlier then I thought you would.

disclaimer: didn't happen, probably won't happen

Daryl’s singing to himself when I come down to the hotel restaurant for breakfast. “We’re the match that shouldn’t have worked, the one’s brought together by chance, and despite all the nay-sayers, we’re only separated by circumstance, now every time I close my eyes, I can’t help but see your face, no matter how much time has passed, you’re the one my mind wont erase.”

“That the song you were working on last night?” I ask.

He looks up from his eggs. “Yeah. Though I lost the creative track when the guys barged in so now I’m trying to get it back.”

“Is that all you have so far, just the first verse and chorus?” I ask taking a piece of his toast.

He glares at me. “Actually that’s only the first verse. I have another idea for the chorus but it’s not quite fleshing it’s self out yet. And I have a few lines of the second verse too, but it still needs work.”

I nod spreading jam on my newly acquired toast.

“So what did Edge have to say last night? Since you seemed to talk to him forever, despite the fact that it was almost four in the morning in Ireland.”

“Actually I don’t think he sleeps when they’re recording, he was still wide awake and talking about track mixes.”

“How’s the recording of that album going anyway? Isn’t it about finished since it’s due out early next year?”

“Not well, so it looks like they’re going to push the release date back.”

“How far?” Daryl asks looking supremely interested.

“A couple months. Why the sudden interest?”

“Because we still have one more single to realise, and if we don’t have to compete with U2 for air time it might stand a chance of going to number one.” He smirks at me, “You should know that, after all you are our manager. Or is Edge providing a conflict of interest?”

I kick him lightly under the table. “I’ve just been distracted because I have a wedding to plan.”

Daryl’s expression turns serious again. “So what did Edge have to say about your mother?”

“First off he was surprised that she was taking an interest in my life after we’d ignored one another for two years.”

“Yeah, but that doesn’t mean that she still doesn’t want to control your life.”

“Don’t tell me that, I know. He also mentioned that for someone who was keeping such close tabs on my life my mother seemed to have conveniently forgotten that my birthdays in two weeks so the age difference between us isn’t quite as drastic.”

Daryl rolls his eyes. “Yeah, only 11 years, not 12. Big difference.”

I give him an annoyed look. “You’d be surprised how much a year changes peoples opinions.”

“I’ll take you’re word for it.”

“We also decided what you should say to any annoying press people.”

“Besides the age gap correction,” he says facetiously.

“Shut up and listen, this is serious. If anyone asks you’re to say that Beth and her mother have never gotten along and this is Beth’s mother’s attempt to separate her and Edge, which she’s tried to do before with no success, and anything else is privet business.”

“Beth’s mother’s a bitch, everything else private business. Got it.”

I give him a stern look and he grins.

“Don’t worry, I’ll tell them the speech that you and Edge concocted. I’m just trying to lighten the mood a little.”

I sigh, “I just can’t wait for this all to be over. Why can’t my mother just kindly get out of my life for once?”

“Because that would simply make life too easy,” Daryl replies. “And heaven forbid life be easy for you.”

I groan and bang my head on the table. “Daryl, just shut up.”

Daryl get's a bigger part in this fic (as you might have noticed) it's partially as a favour to the friend Daryl's based off of and partially because I need another character to move the plot along.

Back
Top Bottom