Thinks:

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

youvedonewhat

Rock n' Roll Doggie Band-aid
Ok, just a thought here:

Been thinking about their next 9 months on tour and I got to wondering just what goes through Ali's (and the other girls minds), when the time is here for them to bugger off all over the world.

I mean, do you think Ali thinks: Shite! Here we go again.

Or maybe: Yay...peace at last.

Or even: Yes!! Let's partaaaaaaaaaaaay....hee hee..

No, offence intended here Ali or to anyone else. I'm just thinking that we're all women in here and you know, when it all comes down to it, we're all ordinary human beings.

Ok, opinions please...lol;)

Well, I know Bono and Ali have both said they make a point of not having the family apart for more than 3 weeks at a time, and that they both hold to that. I've read that in a few interviews now. I know he has also said she is pretty zen when he heads off for a tour,and that the adjustment for them both is when he comes back - LOL! So I would guess the feelings are mixed.

I am sure the gals miss them, but then you know how it is, too, when you kind of have your own space in your house and that's ok also. So I go with mixed feelings, some cool with it, some sad to be apart.

I think they all have been doing this so long now that it's a normal lifestyle to them, not seeming like such a big deal.

Tha's my guess and input. :)

Abscence makes the heart grow fonder... At least that's what i feel.

:wave:
I think Bono said once that she throws a party when he leaves. Now, imagining having a ton of kids to take care of and things to do while Bono just wants you to come steal boats with him... I'd say she'd be relatively glad to have some peace. Like the way you feel when you come home from vacation- it was the best time you've had all year, but you're exhausted and want to get back to usual. :shrug:

From what it seems like lately, they've been spending more time together in the past few weeks that I've spent w/ my family (especially my dad, who's only home like 5 random days a month) in the past few years combined.

It's probably easier for Ali/Morleigh/Anne than it is for the children, especially the little 'uns... I know what I used to get like when my Dad went away.

I believe Ali said the whole family were all going on tour with Bono.

Last edited:
ladora said:
Abscence makes the heart grow fonder... At least that's what i feel.

:| I would go insane if I couldn't see my boyfriend for months at a time.

Let alone a husband, the father of my children.

I was thinking about that too. Since the girls are in school - or maybe homeschooled - its tough to be away from your father. But hey look at what a fun summer they will have travelling through Europe.

I doubt they go for very long periods of time without seeing each other. I think it was Larry who said on the Radio1 interview that they were in a privilaged position and were able to fly their families out to see them whenever/ wherever they liked.

Hi!

I wouldn't know.....wizards have mentors they travel with all the time.

carol
wizard2c
:|

Back
Top Bottom