Things You Didn't Know About Bono

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
:ohmy: I didn't think he would actually leave that one on the mic stand would he? Didn't he say he is afraid of losing it?

:hmm: I didn’t think that it could be a different Crucifix, silly me. I guess Bono should get a cookie for not losing the one the Pope gave him (yet).

bonocomet said:
:ohmy: I didn't think he would actually leave that one on the mic stand would he? Didn't he say he is afraid of losing it?

Someone must run right up there after they leave the stage and grab it before someone else does.:huh:

Well I don't know for sure either if he has ever done that or not... but I know he treasures it so I always thought he wouldn't leave it. And definitely give that boy a cookie! :)

You are right Comet - remember that episode on VH1, All Access u2? When they are going on stage the first time, Bono shows the cameraman his beads and says that he usually puts them in his pocket on show nights, "since these are the beads the Holy Father gave me and I might lose them."

:cute: He really treasures things he considers special . :)

I love his rosary beads, and as a result I pay close attention to them, and have determined that he definitely has more than one strand.

He's wearing two here:

bonosnlshootfx4.jpg

The silver one is the one the pope gave him, as seen here:

bonorosaryip8.jpg

He's also seen here wearing one that's not the one the pope gave him (this may be the same wooden-ish one seen in the first picture):

bonorosarypeacept5.jpg

Also, the one he leaves on the mic stand on the Chicago DVD, is not the one the pope gave him. It looks like the same one in the above picture:

chicagorosaryqz0.jpg

My guess is, he wears the rosary seen in the above two pictures most of the time, and only gets the beads the pope gave him out on special occasions, as a means to keep them safe and not lost. Usually he keeps his rosary (whichever one he's wearing) tucked into his shirt, so all you can see anyway are the beads at his neck, which look similar on both strands, so you can't really tell the difference anyway.

And he also said that Alli has restrung and repaired the rosary from the Pope because it was wearing out and he was afraid of losing it.

I assume he only started wearing Rosaries round his neck after he got the one from the Pope, is that right?
(should I start a thread just about this, or continue to hijack this one? :hmm: )

I have a glow-in-the-dark rosary I'd be happy to send him for his collection if he'd pass along his address. :wink: It would be hard to lose...ehrm, maybe....

^A thrift shop! And it's hanging off the mirror on my dresser and it really does glow in the dark. Bono would have hours of fun with it, I swear! :wink:

I think the techs who break down the stage would likely get it back to him, if none of the band members did.

Wait - Larry has a gang? I wanna join!

:hmm:
I'm not sure where I remember hearing/reading this, but I believe Ali had a replica of the rosary given to Bono by the Pope made. Likely because it would be better to lose the replica then the real thing. Also, I think the original was broken, and thus couldn't be worn anymore (so he carries it around sometimes instead)...

~BrightestStar~ said:
:hmm:
I'm not sure where I remember hearing/reading this, but I believe Ali had a replica of the rosary given to Bono by the Pope made. Likely because it would be better to lose the replica then the real thing. Also, I think the original was broken, and thus couldn't be worn anymore (so he carries it around sometimes instead)...

Shes a smart woman that Ali and knows her man real well.

Back
Top Bottom