"Things to bitch about" lists anyone?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bjork

Acrobat
1. How come all of sudden the guys of nsync have gone from good little Christian mama's boys to trying to be "bad-ass." I mean come on, when Justin did that "sexetary" thing during the VMA performance I had to gag.
2. Why are people calling Britney the next Madonna? She is nothing like Madonna. At least Madonna is smart.
3. Why is it cool for a guy to sleep with a girl, but a girl is a slut if she sleeps with a guy?
4. Why does Marilyn Manson keep on coming back? I wish he would just go away.
5. And finally, why does Larry keep on stalking me? What would Ann think? Larry, you're just going to have to face the fact that I will never be yours. Sorry!
(#5 is something that I WISH I could bitch about).

I agree w/ you Bjork, and I have some bitching of my own to do.....

~ Why won't Creed go away? Scott Stapp walks around acting like he's the Messiah or something (I know there's the whole Bono/God theory but let's put that aside for the moment). And if they're so sick of being labeled as a Christian rock band, why don't they stop acting like one?!

~ Why do I have to wake up at 6 am to watch U2 videos on MTV? (and all the other good ones....) But they are getting a little better about playing videos during the day...

~ I 100% agree w/ you on the guy/girl sex stereotype. It's a complete double standard, and girls have it so much worse. Hell, I have a boyfriend and if I even have a conversation w/ another guy and it sounds anything like flirting, people think I'm a slut.

~ Britney is better than Tiffany. Britney is better than Debbie. But Britney never is, never was, and never will be Madonna, no matter what she tells herself.

~ Why isn't Christmas here yet?!

That's all for now... whoo! I feel a lot better

------------------
*~*?*~*~ Katie ~*~*?*~*

I wonder what's gonna happen to you
You wonder what has happened to me

1. Why do most businesses have cheap thin toilet paper on such big heavy rolls that it rips to shreads when you try to turn the roll?
2.Why do laws force bikes to ride in the road with cars, forcing cars to stop or swerve into the next lane, when mostly bare sidewalks run right alongside the road?
3. Why do most fast food employees made stupid mistaks with your food and get mad at you when you nicely ask them to fix it?
4. Why does everyone in Wal-Mart automatically go 'excuse me' just because you passed them in the opposite direction in an aisle with no contact or were only walking within ten feet of them? AAARRRRRGGGGG!!!
5. Why does everyone forcing themselves into the interstate from an exit ramp flip you off if you can't get over in time even though they had the yeild sign?
6. Why do people who see the 'this lane ends' sign 2 miles ahead of time still speed up and make an 'asshole' lane, and why do people continue to let them cut the line and make the backups even longer?
confused.gif

WOW-I really like this thread-very creative!

As for N-whatever
rolleyes.gif
-it's all marketing-that's what they're ALL about.

Britney-well, I better not even comment on that one.

The good ole double standard still exists, sadly-but, just in my experience, it's beginning to seem that more guys are 'looked down upon' for this.

Marilyn-I thought he did go away-oh well
mad.gif
No more Rose for him though.

And the last one-well, he's stalking me too
wink.gif
and so is Edge
wink.gif
Oh well, we'll just have to 'grin and bear it '!!

HHMM-I'd add..

Why do we need online pop-up ads?

Why do socks always get lost in the dryer?

Why doesn't Vince Vaughn call me?
wink.gif

Why can't we capture Bin Laden?

------------------
If you are really good friends with The Edge, you can just call him The~ Adam

The right side of my brain is kinda redundant~ Larry

Why is a driveway called a driveway when you park on it, and a parkway is called a parkway even though you drive on it?

Fishy <><

------------------
"People look at someone like me and think he wants the world to love him. But he probably just wants one person to love him." -Bono, referring to a song he recently wrote for his dad...

Why do we have keychains? So that instead of losing one key, we lose all of our keys at the same time?

------------------
*~*?*~*~ Katie ~*~*?*~*

I wonder what's gonna happen to you
You wonder what has happened to me

Originally posted by U2Kitten:

4. Why does everyone in Wal-Mart automatically go 'excuse me' just because you passed them in the opposite direction in an aisle with no contact or were only walking within ten feet of them? AAARRRRRGGGGG!!!

Too funny!!!
biggrin.gif
I've noticed that too.

------------------
"Never trust a man who tells you it's from the heart, never trust a man smoking a cigar, never trust a cowboy or a man who wears shades..." - Bono
"I would certainly consider myself to be one of the inventors of the mullet." - Bono
"People look at someone like me and think he wants the world to love him. But he probably just wants one person to love him." -Bono

I think with the "Bono elevated" thread, this is my favorite one!!!!
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

I want to bitch about:

Why do teachers all give a tons of work at the end of the term, all at the same time??? Why do they seem to think I have only THEIR class to attend?!?!

Why does it have to be winter already?!?!!? The car's windows were totally frosted this morning, NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO, not yet, not winter, go away!!!!

Why do people go at 80 km/h on the left lane? GET OUT OF THE WAY!!!!!!

wow i'm feeling so much better
biggrin.gif
pretty good therapy, I could go on all night!!!! lol

------------------
"The goal is elevation"
"Midnight is when the day begins"

~Why did my manager tell me that my job was being elimated in March today?
~why can't I figure out how to access the BonoCam"easter eggs" on my Elevation DVD?

Why do I need to take algebra and geometry?
With my major I'm never going to use either of them.

Going along w/ you Bjork:
Why do we have math at all? it really sucks ass if you think about it.

Why do I have to suck at math so much???

Why do we have homework in college? I mean really. C'mon!! Homework sucks ass as well.
While were at it, can we get rid of finals?

Why is my roommate so lame?
biggrin.gif
Well she is...

Why are college kids such punks? The girls are all "hi, I'm going to get all decked out in my slutty clothes to go to class!" and the boys are all "hi, I'm going to be a drunken frat ass and just look for sex from the girls!"
I personally dress like crap when I go to classes, but hey, I'm cool.

I'm sick of Britney and N'blah. They suck ass.

Originally posted by mocool12:
Going along w/ you Bjork:
Why do we have math at all? it really sucks ass if you think about it.

Why do I have to suck at math so much???

Why do we have homework in college? I mean really. C'mon!! Homework sucks ass as well.
While were at it, can we get rid of finals?

Why is my roommate so lame?
biggrin.gif
Well she is...

Why are college kids such punks? The girls are all "hi, I'm going to get all decked out in my slutty clothes to go to class!" and the boys are all "hi, I'm going to be a drunken frat ass and just look for sex from the girls!"
I personally dress like crap when I go to classes, but hey, I'm cool.

I'm sick of Britney and N'blah. They suck ass.

Amen, sistafriend!

1. why do bloody old ladys slam the shop door in your face whil you are trying to get out with a double pram!!!!!!!!

2.why do tasty food make you fat??

3.why are doctors sooooooo usless!!!!!!

4.why do my kids scream when we are in a restaurant!!!!!!!

*thinks i better stop now*

eek.gif

------------------
a vampire or a victim it depends on whos around
POP

hmm...let me think
Why do people ask really dumb questions, when the obvious is sitting right there in front of them? (example: girl, looking at something in my hand as we were checking out: 'Oh that came out?' Me in my inner thoughts: 'No...I'm special..I have things that DONT come out..')

Why do I end up sick when I'm supposed to be having fun?

Why is my brother such a jerk all the time?

How come we always seem to have food that I hate for dinner?

If medicine is supposed to make some one feel better, why on god's green earth does it really make you feel worse?

Ok..I'm done...

------------------
Dana

"I simulate love making by beating a piece of wood with a metal wire on which it vibrates."
-Adam, when asked, 'If a martian landed and was introduced to you and asked what you do, what would you say?'

IM me: ghettopoptart83

oh all right, you twisted my arm, but once i get started...
  • Why are Dallas drivers such a**holes? (no blinkers, no merging, cellphones, can't drive in rain...or at all)
  • Why is Dallas so FREAKIN hot???
  • Why are the scariest people always in MY WalMart?
  • How come *I* do everything I can to be civil and nice and quiet to my neighbors, but they never do the same for me?
  • Why don't any of my friends like U2 like I do?
  • Where is that 'southern hostpitality' I always hear about?? Been here 15 years...still lookin.
  • Did Edge see my signs??
    biggrin.gif
  • Who died and made Slitney queen of music?
  • Ditto for InStink and BTBs, ugh
  • Why are people the meanest and surliest during holiday shopping?
  • Why is technology constantly outrunning me just when I think I've got everything I need??? Now I need a DVD player, a digital camera, a bigger drive, etc...
  • Why did I turn out to be the biggest one in my family? (my sister is a TWIG...just like Sicy!)
  • Why don't I still not know what to be when I grow up???
    mad.gif
  • Why can't I have U2's life/talent/fame/fortune???????

Y'know...nothing much!
tongue.gif

Disco

Stand Back Girls:

*Why don't creeps who try to hit on you as you walk down the street just combust right there?

*Why hasn't anyone invented a key chain flame thrower yet?

*WHY DID I NEVER GO TO ZOO TV???? OH GOD, WHY!?

*Why can't I just turn a little knob on my back like malibu barbie or some shit and grow my hair down to my ass in 5 minutes?

*Why must anything healthy make you look bad while you are doing it?

*Why are unhealthy things so much FUN!?

*Why can't I have a limo driver?
(my buddy said...Jen if you had a a driver, you'd be drunk all the time. I said...exactly)

*Why can't I stop going to school and just be a world famous writer? This is how I think it would be....
I wake up about noon and put on some dark ambient music in my New York penthouse. I slip into my long, black "no one understands me" sweater and stalk around my spacious living room clutching a bottle of wine and smoking cigarettes I invented myself that are good for you and smell like pumpkin pie or something...There is a knock at my door, it is my writer groupies who have come to bask in my intellectual glory. They are all like "JEN YOU ARE A GODDESS, WE LIVE FOR YOU, EVERYTHING YOU DO IS - SLAM...I shut the door, my ego placated. After hammering out a few pages of mind boggling brilliance, I attend a soiree at a delightful mansion where everyone crowds around me, in wonder. I take my limo home...fall asleep with a bottle of wine and start the day all over again tommorow.
That's the job I want.

*Why does my mom only give me WHITE socks for christmas? I HATE white socks...everything I own is BLACK!

-Bluey

LMAO @ keychain flame thrower!! I need one of those.

And I WISH someone would hit on me when I walk down the street-even a creep
frown.gif
wink.gif

------------------
If you are really good friends with The Edge, you can just call him The~ Adam

The right side of my brain is kinda redundant~ Larry

[This message has been edited by Gina Marie (edited 11-29-2001).]

Originally posted by blueeyes:
*Why does my mom only give me WHITE socks for christmas? I HATE white socks...everything I own is BLACK!

AMEN!!!!!! Golly gee it's like they think we're murderers or something.

------------------
The Proud Owner of the ONLY Cardboard Larry!!!

God Bless America and my city, NYC!

Bono urged, "Hey Lawrence, tell them your drummer joke."
"That's a bit mean, asking a drummer to tell a drummer joke," Larry replied, but he told the joke anyway. "Three guys are sittin' down having a rap and the first guy says, 'I'm a nuclear scientist and I have an IQ of 170'. The second guy says, 'I have an IQ of 140 - I'm a neurosurgeon.' The next guy says, 'I have an IQ of seventy.' The other two guys say . . . [You're a drummer!']."

Hee hee! I love Larry!!!!
And drummers! *oops*

Originally posted by MissVelvetDress:
~Why did my manager tell me that my job was being elimated in March today?
~why can't I figure out how to access the BonoCam"easter eggs" on my Elevation DVD?

~Well, I do not have to bitch anymore about not finding the 2nd "easter egg", because I finally found it...Yay for me...

~But i still have to bitch about losing my job this coming spring....
mad.gif

~bitch about why i am still single?

~bitch about all my childhood friends being married,having babies in their big beautiful houses with their high school sweethearts?
mad.gif

~bitch about a broker scheduling a meeting for late tomorrow afternoon, when i have to get downtown for the U2 concert? however, this might work for me, because the meeting is very very close to the arena...
smile.gif

ditto on everything having to do with college...papers, exams, GREs, the slutty girls who dress up for class when i walk in looking like i walked through a tornado...etc.

big ditto on scott stapp... i thought i was the only one who HATED him...there's a difference between acting like you're god, and acting like you're god when you actually ARE god
wink.gif
hehe jk

why are only white trash stupid loser guys attracted to me?

why did i finish reading the macphisto society, cuz now i'm in withdrawl...

why does every transaction i have with bestbuy end up bad...HATE THEM!!!

why doesn't yahoo.com et al. realize no one wants to buy the spy cam....

why can't i pick a major in school that's going to get me a career....

why can't i figure out wtf i'm going to do with my life...you're supposed to "find yourself" in college...yeah right.

why cant i be part of u2's tour staff...

why do i always get screwed by ticketmaster...

why does everyone assume, that because i wear alot of black, that i'm goth...

why does my mom insist that i'm a drug addict, and constantly lecture me about using drugs WHEN IVE NEVER USED DRUGS EVER!!! just cuz she was a beatnik hippie....

i think that's it for now...

------------------
~sara
sle2@geneseo.edu
http://www.platinumcomplication.com

with my teeth at your back
and my tongue to tell you the sweetest lies

[This message has been edited by opaltranquility (edited 11-29-2001).]

okay I've decided I need to all of Bluey's bitches to my bitch list as well, esp. the ones about the hair knob, ZooTV (add Pop as well), the limo and the writer thing.

And all these thoughts have become worse since seeing the whole U2 "thing" in action and being elevated and now having to crash back to earth and to my dull & boring little life...grrr...waaah...sniff...
frown.gif

Originally posted by blueeyes:
Stand Back Girls:

*Why don't creeps who try to hit on you as you walk down the street just combust right there?

*Why hasn't anyone invented a key chain flame thrower yet?

*WHY DID I NEVER GO TO ZOO TV???? OH GOD, WHY!?

*Why can't I just turn a little knob on my back like malibu barbie or some shit and grow my hair down to my ass in 5 minutes?

*Why must anything healthy make you look bad while you are doing it?

*Why are unhealthy things so much FUN!?

*Why can't I have a limo driver?
(my buddy said...Jen if you had a a driver, you'd be drunk all the time. I said...exactly)

*Why can't I stop going to school and just be a world famous writer? This is how I think it would be....
I wake up about noon and put on some dark ambient music in my New York penthouse. I slip into my long, black "no one understands me" sweater and stalk around my spacious living room clutching a bottle of wine and smoking cigarettes I invented myself that are good for you and smell like pumpkin pie or something...There is a knock at my door, it is my writer groupies who have come to bask in my intellectual glory. They are all like "JEN YOU ARE A GODDESS, WE LIVE FOR YOU, EVERYTHING YOU DO IS - SLAM...I shut the door, my ego placated. After hammering out a few pages of mind boggling brilliance, I attend a soiree at a delightful mansion where everyone crowds around me, in wonder. I take my limo home...fall asleep with a bottle of wine and start the day all over again tommorow.
That's the job I want.

-Bluey

Back
Top Bottom