Things that make you say 'awwwww' - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Your Blue Room > PLEBA > PLEBA Archive
Click Here to Login
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 12-17-2003, 06:52 PM   #1
LCK
Acrobat
 
LCK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Toronto, Canada
Posts: 408
Local Time: 03:24 PM
Things that make you say 'awwwww'

Quotes or pics that touch you. Something that stands out in your mind, touches your heart, or makes you wanna just give Bono/Adam/Edge/Larry a huge huge hug...

I remember long ago (it was 81 or 82 when I first read it but I've seen it more recently) Adam kept a tour journal for Hot Press magazine and one of his entries began something like "Today is St. Valentine's and where is my Valentine?" I wanted to be his Valentine! (lol, still do) It just made him sound so sweet and vulnerable, like a wistful little boy.

Another moment was on the Rattle & Hum video when Larry was so sad and reflective after seeing Elvis' grave (I wrote a poem about this titled 'Elvis' plus an explanation of my inspiration in Dream Out Loud if anyone wants to have a look)

And seeing the band with their families- playing with their kids, hugging their wives etc, melts my heart.
__________________

LCK is offline  
Old 12-17-2003, 07:01 PM   #2
Blue Crack Addict
 
Queen Bee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Please don't shoot him. He's just an intern.
Posts: 17,705
Local Time: 12:24 PM
Cutest story I've ever read...

Quote:
Originally posted by flaming june
I was watching an interview from the Zoo era today where Bono was saying that, while on tour, he used to communicate with his kids via fax... Well, the thing is that he sent Jordan and Eve a message telling them that his Fly shades were magical, and that whenever he missed them, he put them on and he could see them. That way, if they happened to see him in a newspaper or something wearing the shades, they would know he was thinking about them...
__________________

Queen Bee is offline  
Old 12-17-2003, 07:12 PM   #3
Blue Crack Supplier
 
kellyahern's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: 8 years and I still can't think of anything witty to put here
Posts: 34,698
Local Time: 04:24 PM
^ I wish I had that interview on tape, I've never seen it - sounds adorable

any pics of the guys with kids or their loved ones does it for me too
kellyahern is offline  
Old 12-17-2003, 08:15 PM   #4
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS
 
Bono's shades's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: The back of beyond
Posts: 5,038
Local Time: 03:24 PM
The first thing I thought of when I read the title of this thread was Larry in the VH1 Legends episode on U2, talking about how when his mom died Bono came over to his house and told him he knew exactly how he was feeling because the same thing had happened to him.
Bono's shades is offline  
Old 12-17-2003, 08:36 PM   #5
War Child
 
TiaraGurl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Brooklyn NY
Posts: 554
Local Time: 03:24 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Bono's shades
The first thing I thought of when I read the title of this thread was Larry in the VH1 Legends episode on U2, talking about how when his mom died Bono came over to his house and told him he knew exactly how he was feeling because the same thing had happened to him.


I have read other things about larry saying that Bono was really helpful during that time. ( i wish they would repeat that legends ep i only have from when bono edge and larry quit the shalom thing to the end)

Just seeing those little moments when you can tell how much the guys mean to one another and seeing them/thinking about them with their kids esp since christmas is coming up soon.
TiaraGurl is offline  
Old 12-17-2003, 11:57 PM   #6
Blue Crack Addict
 
Moonlit_Angel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: In a dimension known as the Twilight Zone...do de doo doo, do de doo doo...
Posts: 20,202
Local Time: 03:24 PM
I was just gonna mention that Fly shades story. I swear to god, that's got to be the cutest thing I've ever heard. !

As far as pictures go, I'll refer you all to Sue DeNym's avatar. I love that picture of them together. That's a really nice one.

Quote:
Originally posted by TiaraGurl


I have read other things about larry saying that Bono was really helpful during that time. ( i wish they would repeat that legends ep i only have from when bono edge and larry quit the shalom thing to the end)

Just seeing those little moments when you can tell how much the guys mean to one another and seeing them/thinking about them with their kids esp since christmas is coming up soon.
. Exactly. I also liked how, at the very end of the show, Larry talked about how, yeah, the band may have to eventually slow down in making music and not tour anymore or something, but he didn't want the spark that was between the four of them, the connection they all had, to end, ever. I thought that was really sweet. Actually got me kinda misty-eyed.

Angela
Moonlit_Angel is offline  
Old 12-18-2003, 08:14 AM   #7
Acrobat
 
Northeast's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Wicked cold Vermont
Posts: 484
Local Time: 03:24 PM
I heard a story when Bono called home and there was a message on his machine from Eli...it said something like this "Heeeeellloooooooo if this is my daddy, we are on a holiday....and mommy says you cannot come home until you take your makeup and horns off....I love you daaaaaddy" so cute!!!!
Northeast is offline  
Old 12-18-2003, 08:28 AM   #8
Blue Crack Addict
 
verte76's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: hoping for changes
Posts: 23,331
Local Time: 08:24 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Bono's shades
The first thing I thought of when I read the title of this thread was Larry in the VH1 Legends episode on U2, talking about how when his mom died Bono came over to his house and told him he knew exactly how he was feeling because the same thing had happened to him.
Me too. Speaking of the "sweetest thing". Bono has said that the most important thing in his life is friendship, and it shows.
verte76 is offline  
Old 12-18-2003, 01:09 PM   #9
Blue Crack Addict
 
Moonlit_Angel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: In a dimension known as the Twilight Zone...do de doo doo, do de doo doo...
Posts: 20,202
Local Time: 03:24 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Northeast
I heard a story when Bono called home and there was a message on his machine from Eli...it said something like this "Heeeeellloooooooo if this is my daddy, we are on a holiday....and mommy says you cannot come home until you take your makeup and horns off....I love you daaaaaddy" so cute!!!!
!

Another thing that makes me go "Awww..."-the "Sweetest Thing" video.

Angela
Moonlit_Angel is offline  
Old 12-18-2003, 01:13 PM   #10
Acrobat
 
Northeast's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Wicked cold Vermont
Posts: 484
Local Time: 03:24 PM
yes "The sweetest thing" video and song melts my heart
Northeast is offline  
Old 12-18-2003, 01:14 PM   #11
Acrobat
 
Northeast's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Wicked cold Vermont
Posts: 484
Local Time: 03:24 PM
Also when we saw U2 in Albany Ny and John was just born and he was telling us about him....you could just see he was melting inside thinking about his son.
Northeast is offline  
Old 12-18-2003, 01:15 PM   #12
Blue Crack Addict
 
Moonlit_Angel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: In a dimension known as the Twilight Zone...do de doo doo, do de doo doo...
Posts: 20,202
Local Time: 03:24 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Northeast
Also when we saw U2 in Albany Ny and John was just born and he was telling us about him....you could just see he was melting inside thinking about his son.
Awww... .

Angela
Moonlit_Angel is offline  
Old 12-18-2003, 01:35 PM   #13
Acrobat
 
Northeast's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Wicked cold Vermont
Posts: 484
Local Time: 03:24 PM
yeah it was sweet Also during that concert what made my heart jump out of my chest is when bono and I made eye contact but I freaked out and looked away.............it was like looking...I dont' know...the pope in the eye.....I didn't feel worthy.....
After that I was like....awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww shoot, I just blew my chance........
Northeast is offline  
Old 12-18-2003, 02:04 PM   #14
Blue Crack Addict
 
verte76's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: hoping for changes
Posts: 23,331
Local Time: 08:24 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Northeast
Also when we saw U2 in Albany Ny and John was just born and he was telling us about him....you could just see he was melting inside thinking about his son.
That's so cute.
verte76 is offline  
Old 12-18-2003, 02:06 PM   #15
Acrobat
 
Northeast's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Wicked cold Vermont
Posts: 484
Local Time: 03:24 PM
i know it makes me all fuzzy
Northeast is offline  
Old 12-18-2003, 02:08 PM   #16
War Child
 
EveClayton's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: New Yorkf
Posts: 620
Local Time: 02:24 PM
Re: Things that make you say 'awwwww'

Quote:
Originally posted by LCK
Quotes or pics that touch you. Something that stands out in your mind, touches your heart, or makes you wanna just give Bono/Adam/Edge/Larry a huge huge hug...

I remember long ago (it was 81 or 82 when I first read it but I've seen it more recently) Adam kept a tour journal for Hot Press magazine and one of his entries began something like "Today is St. Valentine's and where is my Valentine?" I wanted to be his Valentine! (lol, still do) It just made him sound so sweet and vulnerable, like a wistful little boy.

Another moment was on the Rattle & Hum video when Larry was so sad and reflective after seeing Elvis' grave (I wrote a poem about this titled 'Elvis' plus an explanation of my inspiration in Dream Out Loud if anyone wants to have a look)

And seeing the band with their families- playing with their kids, hugging their wives etc, melts my heart.

Awwwwwwwwwwwww *hugs adam* he sounds so sweet it's like u wanna grab him and hug him tightly.
EveClayton is offline  
Old 12-18-2003, 02:23 PM   #17
Acrobat
 
Northeast's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Wicked cold Vermont
Posts: 484
Local Time: 03:24 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Northeast
I heard a story when Bono called home and there was a message on his machine from Eli...it said something like this "Heeeeellloooooooo if this is my daddy, we are on a holiday....and mommy says you cannot come home until you take your makeup and horns off....I love you daaaaaddy" so cute!!!!

uhhh hummmmm....I have to correct my story....I was thinking and it was Jordan...not Eli.........sorry
Northeast is offline  
Old 12-18-2003, 04:40 PM   #18
Refugee
 
thrillme's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: <---over that'a way
Posts: 1,947
Local Time: 12:24 PM
"There was a night in L.A. in the early part of the tour when we had a death threat that the police were taking very seriously indeed. Someone had sent the gun license into the U2 offices and they thought he had gotten into the venue. All of a sudden there were all these people on the stage which I really objected to. I never thought that sort of thing would bother me and, when I went out, it didn't. I just laughed it off, like The Blues Brothers - 'We're on a mission from God and we ain't finished yet.' The second night came up and the cops came up to us just before we were about to go on and said they'd made a mistake, He was coming tonight!

"Now we get all kinds of racist jibes because we wrote a song for
Martin Luther King, or pinko jibes because we did the Amnesty
International Tour. Wherever you look we're a target for the loony fringe. So the second night, we're on stage and I'm singing 'Pride' thinking, 'If someone is going to do it it will be during this number.' So I crouched down on the stage, shut my eyes and for a moment the thought of death crossed my mind.
When I looked up I just saw Adam standing over me,
between me and the crowd. It was a good, good moment."

--http://www.u2takemehigher.com/

I don't remember the site, but I did see a story, U2 were in concert, and Adam noticed the light rigging was slipping, he walked over to Bono, whispered in his ear, and they stopped so the thing could be fixed.
thrillme is offline  
Old 12-18-2003, 06:06 PM   #19
Blue Crack Supplier
 
kellyahern's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: 8 years and I still can't think of anything witty to put here
Posts: 34,698
Local Time: 04:24 PM
I this thread
kellyahern is offline  
Old 12-18-2003, 07:23 PM   #20
The Fly
 
u2philly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2000
Location: Philadelphia, Pa
Posts: 287
Local Time: 08:24 PM


I love this man!
__________________

u2philly is offline  
 

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:24 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Design, images and all things inclusive copyright © Interference.com
×