They played LIVE yesterday!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bonofire

Acrobat
I just read this on Zootopia, any more news? PICS?!

U2 on V2002 Hyland Park

Just heard this morning that U2 flew in to Chelmsford to do a special surprise set in the Dance Tent at V2 yesterday. Couldn't believe fan members were not notified, I was there and am deeply deeply gutted that I didn't know, I'm sure there are a lot of fans out there that who feel the same. Surely they could have been squeezed into a slot on the Main stage or there could have been some announcement during the day. I just feel so upset and cheated, while watching Alanis (great artiste that she is) I could have been listening to and watching one of the greatest bands of all time in such a small and intimate venue. Is there any chance that a live recording or short video of this event will be available to fans? I'm sure this would make a lot of us feel better and not so down hearted for missing out on such a dream opportunity.

Yep, ive just read it zootopia too. im soooo upset cos i was gonna go to v2002, but then i decided not to:sad: :banghead: :scream: :grumpy:

What, really? :shocked: That's a surprise out of the blue! You just never know what those boys will do next! If this is true, pics will surely surface soon! Did they do the new single?

I can't believe we haven't heard more on this! It's the first time they've played since the tour ended right? It must mean something.

teehee said:
:scratch:

I need proof!

I want to believe it, but maybe the person on Zootopia was just starting a rumor. I want evidence before I get all thrilled. If anybody has seen this show or has a story please post it.

daisybean said:
I highly doubt it.....rumor has it Bono and Edge are in the Monoco.

prolley just some zootopian :reject: trying to rile people up....

:rolleyes:

If they had done a surprise gig it certainly would have been in the media.....

I believe your theory is highly correct Daisy...don't believe what you read over there unless you see proof as in pictures or official U2 announcement

Ahhhhh If it is proven I will be so mad with myself. I was going to go to V2002 but didnt in the end cos I had no money for tix.

:banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

EGADS!!!! What happened??? Certainly there would have been news.........how on earth can they play anywhere without at least the press finding out? I'd expect pix to be splashed all over the news sites but I haven't seen this. I'm confused!:confused: :confused: :shocked: :shocked:

I think it's false. I haven't seen a damn thing about it anywhere. :slant: Anyway, I think one of their representatives said that there were to be no performance dates or anything for this year. One of the Zootopians got some of the others all riled up on the day of Adam's arrest because they thought that he actually got busted... when that happened 14 years ago!

fist.jpg
<---------If how I feel about those rumor starters!!!! :rant:

Sometimes things take a day or two to hit the news, so if nothing surfaces by tommorrow it was just another rumor. I was so excited! Yesterday was Eli's birthday so wouldn't he be with him?

I seriously want to apologize for this thread. I did not do it to cause any turmoil. I only saw the posts on Zootopia and thought I was onto some hot news you'd all want to know. I wanted to post it here since I knew y'all are always the best with news and knowledge and if there was anything to it somebody here would know. Now that it appears it is not true, I hope you won't hate me and blame me for spreading rumors. I thought it was true, and it would have been so cool if it was. I'm sorry.:uhoh: :(

Dont feel bad bonofire.. I dont think you were trying to start any rumors.. you were just passing along what you heard.

Lesson.. zootopia = :tsk:

Bonofire, I don't think you were trying to start any rumors or whatever. If I'd read about them playing somewhere I would have been excited too. Then the adrenaline gets going.......it happens. No problem!!! :kiss:

Back
Top Bottom