They Got An OSCAR Nomination!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Woo hoo!!! They've already beaten two of those songs! How cool would it be if they won an Oscar?! "Yes, my all-time favorite band is the OSCAR-WINNING U2." :hyper:
A whole band performance at the Oscars would kick serious ass.

Will it be Bono and Edge or all of them? They are all nominated but I think only Bono and Edge really wrote it. But as Bono says, "I'm a generous genius." That recent article said Bono as the primary songwriter could be way richer but they agreed early on to split everything 5 ways equally and it has worked out well for them. They are the only band together that long that has never changed members or fired or sued their manager. They are a special bunch indeed! Good luck to them and I look forward to the red carpet arrivals and the performance!

Desire4Bono said:
Will it be Bono and Edge or all of them? They are all nominated but I think only Bono and Edge really wrote it. But as Bono says, "I'm a generous genius."

I would argue on this point. Bono and Edge may have wrote all the lyrics but the nominations go to the lyrics and music so Larry and Adam contributed as well (drums and bass).

REally wrote it, what does that mean?? That sounds absurd! If you help write the song then you helped write it. Of Course, Bono and Edge probably wrote the majority of the song but who is in charge of the rhythm!!!

Sorry, I just have a problem with really wrote it!

skjuls said:

I would argue on this point. Bono and Edge may have wrote all the lyrics but the nominations go to the lyrics and music so Larry and Adam contributed as well (drums and bass).

REally wrote it, what does that mean?? That sounds absurd! If you help write the song then you helped write it. Of Course, Bono and Edge probably wrote the majority of the song but who is in charge of the rhythm!!!

Sorry, I just have a problem with really wrote it!

I agree. They all wrote the song and that's the way it's credited at the Awards shows, etc, etc.

ILuvLarryMullen said:

Of course, but isn't coming from Kentucky a bit of a drive :lol:

Yes, it is!! However, I will be in Las Vegas the week before the Oscars. Maybe I should go to Los Angeles at the end of my trip! Probably shouldn't since I have class in Bloomington, IN at 8 am on March 24! :(

IWasBored said:
awesome! i was in the orthadontist office and they had the radio on, and it played "pride" and then the radio people were talking about this

stupid orthadontist didn't know who u2 is...

:lol:! I hate orthodontists! All they play in the office are stupid Backstreet boys songs. I think the only decent song i ever heard on there was "When You're On Top" by the Wallflowers, i :heart: that song. But the rest is awful.

I don't know about you, but at mine they make you wear these big plastic safety glasses, and i refer to them as my "Bono Goggles", although i look no where near as cool as bono does in them. :cool:

[/randomness]

I really hope they get the Oscar! :hyper: I think i would have to start jumping up and down on the couch again and start dancing. :dance:

According to U2log the Today show performance will be next Thursday the 20th, (although there's nothing on the Today show site yet).

U2log also says that U2 has also already been asked to perform at the Oscars and that they have already accepted.

I can't wait for these performances.:love:

DAMN!!! U2 are going to play at the Oscars!!! I can't wait!!! I normally don't watch this stuff, but I'm sure as hell watching that night! I'm going to be so :censored: nervous!!!! I want them to win the thing!!:drool: :evil: :censored:

Update on Today Show

The performance shows up on rockontv.com as happening on February 26, with the description:

"Bono sings 2 songs from the movie, "Gangs Of New York."

I can't wait until its confirmed.

rockonedge said:

:lol:! I hate orthodontists! All they play in the office are stupid Backstreet boys songs. I think the only decent song i ever heard on there was "When You're On Top" by the Wallflowers, i :heart: that song. But the rest is awful.

I don't know about you, but at mine they make you wear these big plastic safety glasses, and i refer to them as my "Bono Goggles", although i look no where near as cool as bono does in them. :cool:

[/randomness]

I really hope they get the Oscar! :hyper: I think i would have to start jumping up and down on the couch again and start dancing. :dance:

they don't make you wear saftey goggles, but i swear you need them sometimes...i've had more bits of metal nearly fly into my eyes...they yell at me for keeping my eyes open...if i close my eyes, i'll fall asleep, i'll close my mouth, and probably roll onto my side or stomach and snore

Back
Top Bottom