Theater Skit

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Moondancer

Babyface
Hello!

My theater class is going to host a talent show, and in between performances we're going to be doing comedy skits, kind of like SNL. My teacher (who is also a diehard U2 fan) suggested that some people do political figures, and I had the idea of doing Bono!

I've already thought of some things I could do, but I'd like to incorperate some of the funniest Bono material possible. Also, I have a friend who I'm pretty sure can dress as The Edge, so I'll have someone else to act off of (and it helps that he plays guitar and I sing, so we've kinda got the in a band guitarist/singer relationship thing going on too).

So, what I'd like to hear are some of your best ideas for this sketch! Be wild! Anything, everything, just try to capture those two at their most comedic/mock-able moments!

Thank you!

<3 La Chica Morada

:hmm: Have you thought about the "Edge is from the Future" idea yet? That could be funny!

Ohhh....How about doing your own version of Conan O'Brian's Secrets sketch? (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XNGSrArpkJA&search=U2 Secrets and http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OllV5SOhRLY&search=U2 Secrets as your inspration.)

Or you can look at the captions thread for inspiration.....like the superglue or Bono telling about big the fish is....Oh! The H Chord!!!! Edge is trying to teach Bono about the H Chord!!!

Or you can use a Bono trying to talk to Bush about something.

This is all I got at the moment :shrug:

Last edited:
Hm. There was that interview with Dave Fanning on "Music Express" that popped into my head, the bit where Bono and Edge are talking about the deli tray at gigs and no matter where you go or who you are (The Stones, etc.) you're always faced with this plate of cold meat. (The horrific DELI TRAY.) And Edge says it's really horrible when the cheese it too big for the bread or something like that. You could expound on the idea and make it like an "important world issue" kind of thing. Just an idea. Maybe you could put it into song.... :wink: :shrug:

Well, there was that Q magazine a while ago with the fine print: "If your free CD is missing, contact your newsagent. Or make a plea to Bono. Maybe he'll start a campaign." on the front (Bono, Edge, Elton John, and another guy, I forget who, were on the cover, maybe someone else has the image and can post it).

Here's a skit you can work around that:

A random music fan recieves their issue of Q, and immediately realizes the CD is missing. After a brief over-reaction, they notice the fine print on the front. Said person decides to make their plea to Bono (you can make it longer/funnier by having them try to contact the post office first, and being put on hold so much that they give up).
Somehow or another, the person is able to meet Bono in person somewhere (at some event or else they've just stalked him out somewhere). Q magazine in hand, they approach and make their plea, demanding their free CD. Edge can be there, thinking it's absolutely hilarious that Q printed such a thing. But Bono takes it completely serious, and actually starts a campaign.
Bono starts the Make Q CD Absence History campaign. Because he's Bono, the entire world takes him seriously. Except Edge. Edge seems to be the only one that realizes how ridiculous it all is, and so he berates Bono for it.

Can you tell I'm a theater geek?

You can even add a disclaimer at the end, just so people know that you're not actually opposed to the Make Poverty History/ONE campaign, and then tell everyone to go join :p

Thank you all for the ideas! It means alot to us, and we've been working on a few different things, and I think this is going to turn out great.

Thanks Again!

-Anna

U2 Beginner said:

I'll second that!:laugh:

This is not the one with the $$ to buy Andorra I assume.. can you give more details, I don't think I've seen it

Back
Top Bottom