The UBERsexual?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

FEELINNUMB

The Fly
Those in the NYC area not interested in Law & Order:SVU should check out the 10 o'clock news on channel 11 tonight, which features the tease, what do Bill Clinton and Bono have in common? They are both Ubersexuals. :rolleyes: The rest of you, pray.

My mom said she heard on the radio that Bono "received an award for being UBERsexual". Gotta love my mother!!:wink:

OK, I clicked over to the moron news during a commercial break, and they had their resident celebrity moron reporter doing the report, I missed the part with Bon, but gathered that this ubersexual thing is the next generation of a metrosexual, is yet another marketing tool, and that Bon is considered the capo di capo of ubersexuals. So I did a little research, and this is the nouveau dictionary definition:

"a male who is similar to a metrosexual but displays the traditional manly qualities such as confidence, strength, and class - leaving no doubt as to his sexual orientation. Bono is the world's leading ubersexual."

Boy oh boy, our man is just being sucked into the cheap-ass mainstream vortex, and he's partly to blame, and I sadly predict that he is going to get slapped sooner rather than later with a backlash that makes that Rattle and Hum horror they endured look like a day at the beach.

Having said that, if he's an ubersexual, then what do we call Edge, Our Adam and Lairdence??????

Found this on Rush Limbaugh after reading that other disturbing thread. The comments he made must have been after this segment. BTW I'd take one ubersexual Bono over a million gossip mongering unsexual Rushes.

Nothing New in Ubersexual

October 11, 2005

BEGIN TRANSCRIPT

RUSH: Folks, have you heard the new term "ubersexual"? Snerdley, you've heard it? I just heard it for the first time today. I know that there's metrosexual and heterosexual and homosexual, bisexual, animal sexual, trisexual, and all that, but I've not heard of ubersexual. Let me tell you what ubersexual is. Well, first, Snerdley, you tell me what you think it is. Oh, well, then! He says he doesn't know what it is, but (interruption). Okay, all you've done is heard the term. All right. Well, the definition for this -- we got three audio sound bites. Grab 15, 16 and 17 there, Mike. This is from the PR Newswire. So that should -- somebody is trying to create a new word here. Headline: "Bono, the Ultimate Ubersexual. Advertising Giant JWT Names Top Ten Ubersexuals - Men Who Ooze M-ness, Self-Awareness, and Self-Confidence (and Almost Always Get the Girl)." That's an ubersexual, and "J. Walter Thompson, the world's oldest advertising agency and the largest agency in America, has named the top ten men it defines as ubersexuals. These are men who embrace the positive aspects of their masculinity or M-ness (e.g., confidence, leadership, passion, compassion) without giving in to the stereotypes that give guys a bad name (e.g., disrespect toward women, emotional emptiness, complete ignorance of anything cultural outside of sports, beer, burgers, and athletic shoes). Marian Salzman, Executive Vice President, Director of Strategic Content, JWT Worldwide, points to ubersexuals in her new book, The Future of Men, as a significant segment of the young male demographic that advertisers and marketers too often overlook." Too often overlook? Too often overlook? There isn't one commercial on an NFL game that has anything to do with anybody who's over 12, including the beer spots. Anyway, let's go to the audio sound bites here because you'll find out who these people are. I mean, I've got the list here. Let's see what happens on the audio sound bites first. Who is this? Al Roker is interviewing Marian Salzman of JWT and Ira Matathia. They are the authors of this book, The Future of Men. Al Roker asks them, "What is an ubersexual?"

MATATHIA: Excellence.

ROKER: Excellence.

MATATHIA: Excellence in everything. Fine wine, good cigars, understanding the finer things. That's sort of quintessentially it.

SALZMAN: An ubersexual is actually that much more macho. He's more willing to go out with other guys for dinner. He doesn’t care what people think. He's not worried that people think he's gay. He knows he's straight, and that's all that matters.

RUSH: Gee. 'Til they got to there they were talking about me! I always worry if people are going to think I'm gay. Well, no, look it, fine wine, good cigars? That's me. Understanding the finer things, confident, rather go out with the guys for dinner, doesn't care what people think? Man, that's me. Let's keep going. So Roker says, "You like the people they selected on the lists. You like Bono. You have Bill Clinton, George Clooney. Are these the classic ubersexual men?"

SANTAGATTI: In Hollywood, when you become famous, you're pampered a little bit too much and you can lose your ubersexuality. You gotta make sure you don't get too many facials, too many manicures, and you carry your own luggage every now and then.

ROKER: You're talking basically the alpha male. We want the alpha male.

SANTAGATTI: Yes.

HUGHES: What women really want is the great guy. If you read what the ubermale [sexual?] is really supposed to be, I think Bono fits, because not only is he madly in love with his wife, capable to keep up a commitment, he's passionate about causes. He's outside of himself.

RUSH: Here's the last question here. Roker says, "Final definition, what is an ubersexual?" He already asked that. Let's see what answer they give him this time.

SANTAGATTI: To keep it simple, the bottom line is, he's gotta be a provider. He's gotta be a woman -- a guy that a woman can rely on.

HUGHES: No, the bottom line is an ubersexual is a guy that -- that has a capability to be trusted, who's honest, who is respectful, and can make you a priority.

RUSH: You know, it just never ceases to amaze me. There's nothing new in any of this. In fact, this is what men were before feminism came along and neutered them! Feminism came along and neutered men. Men weren't supposed to be any of that. They were supposed to be sensitive or be in touch with the feminine side, and these liberal women married these guys and turned them into actual wimps, and, you know, the feminist movement's imploding, and women in the feminist movement want what is now being called the new man, the "ubersexual," which is simply what a man was before they came along and started changing basic human nature. Now, here is the list. You know what else amazes me about this? I don't care how long you live, how old you are, when in human history you lived, it seems like people are obsessed and preoccupied with finding the perfect mate. Does it not? I mean, they're writing advice books. The women magazines are writing advice books for 75-year-old women on how to find your perfect mate. There's nothing wrong with it. It's just so universal. Here's the list. Number ten on a list of ubersexuals is Jon Stewart. Number nine is Guy Ritchie. Number eight is Pierce Brosnan. Number seven is Ewan McGregor. Number six is Barack Obama. Number five is Arnold Schwarzenegger. Number four is Donald Trump. Number three is Bill Clinton. Number two is George Clooney, and number one is Bono -- and they have descriptions why each of these guys qualify.

Which one are you most curious about, Mr. Snerdley? Of the top ten that I read here that you'd like to know why they are ubersexuals? Which one? Trump? Okay, here's what they say about Trump: "Love him or hate him, Trump is a man who is certain about what he wants and sets out to get it, no holds barred. Women find his power almost as much of a turn-on as his money." Is this what feminism has become? None of that was supposed to matter. That was supposed to turn off. All of that was supposed to be a turn off, right, Dawn? All of it, especially the money, because you were to provide for yourself and you weren't supposed to be dependent. Who else? How does Guy Ritchie get on this list? He can't even make a movie that people want to watch. He married Madonna. Well, you can call it "marrying up." Guy Ritchie: "His masculinity is unquestioned even though he's married to one of the world's top music icons. (In fact, gravitating toward strong women tends to be an uber trait.)" Pierce Brosnan, Ewan McGregor. Who is Ewan McGregor? Was he in one of the new Star Wars movies or something? I don't even know who he is. Okay. Barack Obama. Okay, let's see what they say about Barack Obama. "At the DNC, he managed to marry sentimental love of family with a new face of patriotism. And he looks sharp in a suit." Oh, wow. Well, man, turn me on! Dazzle me with blindness. That qualifies Barack Obama, and here Schwarzenegger. Now, I love Arnold Schwarzenegger, don't misunderstand, but the LA Times, all these babes that he's out there pinching and groping and so forth, lawsuits and stuff? Well, that's what they're saying. It's the same type of people that now put him on the list. "He journeyed from body builder to mega movie star to politician, all the while keeping his shoes buffed and hair in place. He has succeeded in every challenge he's faced, and he has a Kennedy for a wife." No, no, no, no. It's not just rich or powerful. You've got to be, aside from Schwarzenegger -- well, Trump too -- you've got to be lib. Jon Stewart: "[O]utspoken without regard to what other people think (as evidenced by his skewering his hosts during this year's Advertising Week). He is supportive of women and pokes fun at himself in a self-deprecating way."

We're being led to believe here that these are all unique traits that only these ten guys have these traits, and these traits are nothing special. Pokes fun at himself? Outspoken without regard to what other people think? George Clooney "appreciates the finer things in life (including his villa on the shores of Lake Como), and he is strongly bonded with and loyal to a cadre of male friends. His timeless image has allowed him to rise from B-sitcoms to box-office hits, some of which he's directed and/or produced," and Bono: "He's global, socially aware, confident, and compassionate, and he commands a huge base of followers who are fans of his music -- and his humanitarianism. Is it any wonder rumors are swirling about a Nobel Peace Prize?"

END TRANSCRIPT

Read the Article...

(PR Newswire: Bono The Ultimate Ubersexual)

Last edited:
Oh hell, a JWT publicity stunt:barf:

I don't know about the rest of you, but the idea of Bon being discussed by that bloated fascist jackass makes me want to take a shower. I hope no one is really upset by that thread that Miroslava rightly closed -- this putz spent half his childhood ripping the wings off butterflies, and the idea of trying to knock down someone like Bono and expose him as a hypocrite must be as close to getting an erection as Rush gets.

Think we can get Y&R to make him #1 on an Uberasshole list?:wink:

LostAtMoon said:

That’s what it sounds like. :laugh: I don’t understand why people come up with these things… or maybe I do.:hmm:

Apparently Donald Trump and Jude Law are also supposed to be examples of an ubersexual. See, no one argues that David Beckham is the perfect metro, but Bono + Jude Law + Donald Trump + Bill Clinton? I'm not seeing the trend!......

FEELINNUMB said:
Oh hell, a JWT publicity stunt:barf:

I don't know about the rest of you, but the idea of Bon being discussed by that bloated fascist jackass makes me want to take a shower. I hope no one is really upset by that thread that Miroslava rightly closed -- this putz spent half his childhood ripping the wings off butterflies, and the idea of trying to knock down someone like Bono and expose him as a hypocrite must be as close to getting an erection as Rush gets.

Think we can get Y&R to make him #1 on an Uberasshole list?:wink:

well not having read any of the other thread, and having heard nothing about this lastest turn in phrase/cultureal naming/forecasting &having taekeng a peek at this....the thot of that {IMHO} bigoted, mean-spirited man ever saying Bono's name {and hell, B is no saint} still makes me :yuck: .

Bono The Ultimate Ubersexual
Tuesday October 11, 7:00 am ET

Advertising Giant JWT Names Top Ten Ubersexuals - Men Who Ooze M-ness,
Self-Awareness, and Self-Confidence (and Almost Always Get the Girl)

NEW YORK, Oct. 11 /PRNewswire/ -- JWT (formerly J. Walter Thompson),
the world's oldest advertising agency and the largest agency in
America, has named the top ten men it defines as ubersexuals. These are
men who embrace the positive aspects of their masculinity or "M-ness"
(e.g., confidence, leadership, passion, compassion) without giving in
to the stereotypes that give guys a bad name (e.g., disrespect toward
women, emotional emptiness, complete ignorance of anything cultural
outside of sports, beer, burgers, and athletic shoes).
Marian Salzman, Executive Vice President, Director of Strategic
Content, JWT Worldwide, points to ubersexuals in her new book, The
Future of Men, as a significant segment of the young male demographic
that advertisers and marketers too often overlook. The media are so
busy portraying men as womanizers, wimps, or clueless oafs constantly
looking to women for direction (ever see Everybody Loves Raymond?) that
they're missing an important shift among the population in the real
world.

Salzman, the trendspotter who first predicted the rise of metrosexuals
two years ago, believes the days of metro are numbered -- in part
because of a backlash against their overstaying their 15 minutes of
fame. Guys want their M-ness back. They're tired of taking their
behavioral and fashion cues from their female counterparts and from
men's magazines that boil men down to their basest, most simplistic
selves.

Metrosexual or Ubersexual? How to Spot the Difference

* Both are passionate, but the uber is passionate about causes and
principles, while the metro is mostly passionate about himself

* The uber spends more time grooming his mind than his hair

* Both treat and respect women as equals, but the uber considers
other
men, not women, his best friends

* The uber is more sensual and not at all self-conscious; he
doesn't need
other people to tell him he's sexy -- nor does he plan his
errands
around which shop windows offer the best reflection

* The metro gets design tips from the Fab Five; the uber gets them
from
his travels and interest in art and culture

* The uber knows the difference between right and wrong and will
make the
right decision regardless of what others around him may think;
the metro
knows the difference between toner and exfoliant -- and worries
that
he's using yesterday's brand
"The descriptor 'uber' was chosen because it means the best, the
greatest," says Salzman. "Ubersexuals are the most attractive (not just
physically), most dynamic, and most compelling men of their
generations. They are confident, masculine, stylish, and committed to
uncompromising quality in all areas of life."

JWT's Top Ten

Here, in reverse order, are the top ten men JWT says embody everything
uber:

10. Jon Stewart: He is outspoken without regard to what other
people think
(as evidenced by his skewering his hosts during this year's
Advertising Week). He is supportive of women and pokes fun at
himself
in a self-deprecating way.

9. Guy Ritchie: His masculinity is unquestioned even though he's
married
to one of the world's top music icons. (In fact, gravitating
toward
strong women tends to be an uber trait.)

8. Pierce Brosnan: His James Bond strength was never compromised
when we
watched him publicly mourn his first wife (and raise her
children). He
has Remington Steele's classic elegance and savoir faire.

7. Ewan McGregor: A handsome, fashionable family man, McGregor is
versatile enough to go from riding his Harley Davidson around
the
world to walking the red carpet. He is comfortable in his own
sexuality.

6. Barack Obama: At the DNC, he managed to marry sentimental love
of
family with a new face of patriotism. And he looks sharp in a
suit.

5. Arnold Schwarzenegger: He journeyed from body builder to mega
movie
star to politician, all the while keeping his shoes buffed and
hair in
place. He has succeeded in every challenge he's faced, and he
has a
Kennedy for a wife.

4. Donald Trump: Love him or hate him, Trump is a man who is
certain
about what he wants and sets out to get it, no holds barred.
Women
find his power almost as much of a turn-on as his money.

3. Bill Clinton: A born charmer with Southern roots who is not
afraid to
cry. He is a supremely confident, decisive leader. And he has
supremely sexy hands.

2. George Clooney: He appreciates the finer things in life
(including his
villa on the shores of Lake Como), and he is strongly bonded
with and
loyal to a cadre of male friends. His timeless image has
allowed him
to rise from B-sitcoms to box-office hits, some of which he's
directed
and/or produced.

1. Bono: He's global, socially aware, confident, and
compassionate, and
he commands a huge base of followers who are fans of his music
-- and
his humanitarianism. Is it any wonder rumors are swirling
about
a
Nobel Peace Prize?

sweetie said:
:| I really hate stuff like this. Men are men..they come in all shapes and sizes. Are women categorized this way???

Yep, of course women have these idiotic categorizations as well -- it's all the demons of Madison Avenue. If folks realized it, it would just be a laugh. But they don't. That's what the women's movement came down to -- instead of women fighting off the shackles of oppression, someone decided that dumbing down men was the best way to even the playing field -- hence, for example, the birth of the mimbo!

When you read the thing Mrs. Springsteen posted, you can easily come to the conclusion that these metrosexuals are the scum of the earth!! And DONALD TRUMP possessing the virtues of an ubersexual? :ohmy: Bono, me darlin', out of the mainstream and back in the slipstream NOW!!!!!

Rush Limbaugh is a complete idiot who should be in jail.... just the thought of him even uttering the word "Bono" makes me sick to my stomach

Uber sexual is a man who does it all, incredibly sexy, confident, charismatic, family oriented and well groomed.... Rush on the other hand is a neanderthal drug addict liar

biff said:

His mistress, according to U2's spokesperson.:wink:
:lol:

Oh my God, DOES ADAM KNOW!?!?!?! :wink:

Did you all read that swine's retraction? Not even enough of a man to make a decent statement/apology. Guess that makes him a, what, nonosexual????

I wonder how old he is, wouldn't it be interesting if he was born shortly after Herrmann Goering committed suicide? Just thinkin'...

FEELINNUMB said:
Did you all read that swine's retraction? Not even enough of a man to make a decent statement/apology. Guess that makes him a, what, nonosexual????

Where could I find the retraction, please?

On the main news page, here you go:

Interference reader Wyatt has let us know Rush Limbaugh had this to say, finally, during his broadcast:

"Okay, it's half mea culpa time and half going-to-cover-my-bets-the-other-way time. The person who confided in me long ago about the extramarital status of the rock 'n' roll super crooner Bono has just now sent me a clarifying note saying, "Ah, maybe that was just speculation. I wouldn't say it on the air."

I said, "Well, thanks for telling me this so many years ago -- definitively." But nevertheless I will retract it since I personally don't know it.

Frankly, it's rock 'n' roll. I can't imagine anybody being surprised, but that's compounding my error, and so I take that back, too."

Jackass:mad:

Back
Top Bottom