The Summer Eze

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

JCOSTER

ONE love, blood, life
Warning: Bono in a completely new life:
My first attempt so lets not laugh. Hope you enjoy it!!!

"Please wait stop", I said trying not to look at him.

His delicious smell covered the warm summer air.

Bono turned and said, "Wait, whats the matter."

Giving me a little smirk, you know the one that just melts your heart.

I said, I don't know about this, I've been waiting for this moment all my life and I'm a little nervous."

"C'mon on its just dinner and wine, good music."
He opened up the gates to the villa and up the stairs we went to the balcony.

It was beautiful, a table set for two, candles everywhere, overlooking the ocean.

As I looked around, I noticed the french doors where open with sheer curtains blowing in the breeze. There it was... his bedroom.

The candles around the room sent an afterglow which revealed netting that covered the canopy of his bed. Sexy for a guy I thought.

Does he have other intentions besides dinner?

This is what made me nervous. It could be the night I have dreamed about since I was a teenager when I longed for him endlessly.

He pulled out the chair for me to sit and uncovered an amazing dish of food.

Bono grabbed my hand across the table. He said, "Don't be so nervous, I'm not gonna biteya."

"I wish you did, thats my dilemma. You've waited 46 years to find the right woman, I want to be that woman."

As he held my hand, he said, "Well thats why I wanted a quiet dinner, just the two of us."

All of a sudden, I felt we were being watched. We both felt we were being watched.

I looked up above at the balcony only to find Edge, Larry, and Adam looking down at us. Spying.

Bono looked up and yelled, "You freak'in blokes, can't you see I'm wining and dining my girl? Your worse than papparazzi. Arses"

Their response, "Yeah right whatever, what else is new, ya arse."

"Whats all that about", I asked.

"Nothing, they're just bustin' the ol' chops."
"Shall we?"

We continued on with dinner, I was too distracted to even eat.
This man across from me was everything I could possibly imagine.

He was sweet, arrogent at times, never pompus, thouroughly engaging keeping my attention on end about nothing important.

I could listen to him talk forever just about the weather.

He was adorable in his own way, beyond masculine.

"As I was saying; I've waited long enough and found the right woman, she's here...............right infront of me."

"In April, we start the new tour, I can't stand the thought of leaving you behind, I want, no, I need you to be waiting for me at the end of the shows."

"I don't want to be lonely, anymore. I want to spend everynight in your arms."

"Whaddya say?" he asked in his most charming manner.

"How could I say no to an offer like that?" I asked.

"So that means you'll come? I promised we'll have privacy, and
rooms of our own and such. We can be alone whenever you want."

He was getting more excited as he was speaking. You know what happens when he gets excited. Those 4 letter words start spewing out.

"Ok, ok, lets go. I'll go with you. I just can't say no to you.
I came for dinner and next thing I know I'm going to be on the road for 18 months." I was getting rather excited too.

"Well maybe 24 months, let's dance......please?"

"24 months!!!!"

"Please", he begged. "Don't make me sing to ya darlin, cause I will."

As he grabbed my hand we stood by the edge of the balcony, the water was glistening with stars from the sky. My breath was slowly being carried away.

As we moved closer together, our lips just touching but not quite, I encouraged him, "I think you will have to convince me more."

"Are you trying to take advantage of me?" Bono asked with a little laugh.

"A yeah, start singing boy!"

Bono broke out into an acapella of Stay....and then some Velvet Dress.

His breath on my neck and in my ear and the sound of his soultry voice were making my legs literally weak. Luckily, he was holding me tightly.

As we slowly danced, bodies pressed together to feel every outline and curve of his body his hands were moving so fast I couldn't keep up with them.

Dancing backwards towards the french doors, I let him lead the way.

I let him lead the way......to the edge of the bed. He backed me up to sit down on the end of the bed and said, "don'tchya leave now," I'm just gettin started romancing ya, showin ya how it will be all the time."

My heart was pounding so loud I could swear he could hear it. It sounded as if I borrowed Adams bass.

He went over to the french doors and pulled the curtains over, but never shutting the doors.

The breeze was coming in over us like a ghost. It felt like heaven.

He continued to serenade me onto the bed. He leaned over and blew out a few candles.

I took his rugged, beautiful scruffy face in my hands and moved it towards mine.

He kissed me like he never had before. This time it was for good. It was the kissed that sealed the deal. We would be together always.

Through our kissing, I told him I would never leave him, he doesn't ever have to be alone again, I will be waiting with arms wide open at the end of every show.

Our eyes meeting blue to blue, he continiously whispered sentiments in my ear.

Bodies clung together like we were hanging on for dear life.

I knew I made the right decision and even laughed at my nervousness.

He was unbelievable, kind, gentle, unselfish, loving, giving, considerate, actually worshipped me.

The hours went by, too fast. I lay awake thinking about the night.

The candles are burnt out now.

Bono lays sleeping on my shoulder, with one leg wrapped around my legs.

The breeze has ended and the Eze sun shines into "our" room.

Suddenly, there's a knock at the door and someone is trying the door knob.

Bono doesn't budge. "Com'on Bono we gotta go." Bono then opens one eye and says, "Edge get lost can't you see I'm with me lady. I promised her privacy!" he yelled.

"You've got 45 minutes to get your arse to the plane or we leave without ya and find ourselves a new frontman." Edge yelled back.

Bono looks up at me and smiles. The smile that kills.

I asked, "Ok, what gives?

"Oh er, we really should get up and dressed and we can eat on the plane and where's my glasses, didya see'um any wheres?"
Bono asks.

"Are you telling me that we are supposed to be on a plane like in 45 minutes and you knew this last night?" I was kind of yelling.

"Um' did I tell you how unbelievably sexy you are in the morning, yaknow, with your hair all toussled like that en stuff."
He's grumbling now.

"SPEAK", I shouted.

"Okay, you see, com'on getchya clothes on, lets go. Ya know
whatever I said to ya last night I really meant it. The only thing is (he laughs his cute little laugh) the tour..."

"Yes, go on, what about the tour."
Now I am breaking out into a sweat.

"It err the tour it kinda starts tomorrow."

"What are you saying?" I'm panicking now.

"I'm saying that we have to be in Tokyo," and the first show is tomorrow night." He's still giggling.

"I don't think this is funny, you said starts in April." I thought you meant the upcoming spring." I yelled at him!!!

"Um, sorry I actually meant summer. Um, like in August. I get those two months mixed up all the time dont you?"

"Are you kidding me!!!!!!!! We grab or I should say he grabs our belongings and we rush through the door.

"We'll talk on the plane, he says, I had a really incredible evening last night." Like this is supposed to make it better....

Then he abruptly stops and pushes me up against the wall and kisses me most tenderly and passionately.

"You not mad at me are you?"

"How could I?" "But, I can see your going to be a pain in the arse in this relationship."

We are just about to the awaiting limo, and B realizes he forgot something. I know he's going back for his glasses, he forgot his glasses again. I think I will crazy glue then onto his head........"Here I forgot something."

He stood there looking like he was pleading without saying a word and handed me the 2 roses that were on the dinner table.

I put his face in my hand and said, "I love you, I won't ever leave you."

"Let's go to Tokyo".............."together."

As the car drives away he is still explaining, "I knew what I meant ya know I knew the tour started in August, I just said April by mistake....you know your were mesmerizing me."

"B, please." I said.

"Please what?"

"Please kiss me like you did last night."

Bono leaned in closer to me....kissed me and said, always, me darl'in. Always."

omg:drool: I was mesmerized:drool: I actually went "ooh no:( " when edge knocked and interrupted:lol:

great job:up:

"Are you trying to take advantage of me?" Bono asked with a little laugh.

:macdevil:

Loved it, JC!

Wait, wait. You were joking, right? I mean... Mary Sue fic? When has Bono ever said "me darlin'"?

And is Bono a thirteen year old girl? "He kissed me like he never had before. This time it was for good. It was the kissed that sealed the deal. We would be together always." Weh?

I'm really, honestly confused. This was a spoof, right?

I'm really, honestly confused. This was a spoof, right? [/B]

This is what made me nervous. It could be the night I have dreamed about since I was a teenager when I longed for him endlessly

I believe the above says teenager? Where to you get a 13 year old girl out of it? And Bono as the girl?

And, sealed the deal meant the person would go with Bono and be by his side, the person could tell by the way he kissed her that he had meant what he said.

This only being your 2nd post its a real good way to make friends around here.

Got reading problems?

:huh:

Last edited:
Well, I got the thirteen year old girl thing out of the fact that that's what he sounded like in the fic. He giggled more than I do. And slightly related to that, he had the thickest and most bizarre brogue I've ever heard/seen.

This is only my second post under this name, but believe me, I speak for more than myself when I say that I'm so very confused by the people who have said this is great; I don't see it. I'm not terribly concerned with making friends on an online U2 forum, so don't worry about me.

And I've no idea what that smiley face is supposed to indicate.

Agreed, though I'm not sure how Bono would feel if he saw it. Keep in mind, this thread is open to the public.

I guess I was mistaken in thinking that authors generally seek to improve. I'll have to remember that concrit isn't welcome here.

amylikesedge said:
Agreed, though I'm not sure how Bono would feel if he saw it. Keep in mind, this thread is open to the public.

i agree with you, but im sure they have come across other fanfics and i think they would know its only a bit of fun

they would laugh at the stuff we write

amylikesedge said:

I guess I was mistaken in thinking that authors generally seek to improve. I'll have to remember that concrit isn't welcome here.

Sure it is welcomed but in a polite manner...
And being that you seem to know Bono so well why don't you ask him how he feels about it and get back to me.

Buy the way this means huh! :huh:

and this means :blahblah:

I don't think I've been rude. I legitimately thought it was a spoof and once you'd told me it wasn't, I told you why I'd thought it had been. But you never really acknowledged my reasons on that. You were the one who accused me of having a reading disability after the first reply.

And I don't have to know Bono personally to know that he wouldn't exactly appreciate this, being that he has a wife of nearly 25 years and four children.

This is the first time I've ever known any fanfic attract such unwelcome attention. I thought this forum was supposed to be a little bit of fun/fantasy.

I'm sorry JCOSTER that you've had to suffer such negative posts. Meanwhile :up: to fanfic writers/readers.

BTW, I don't think Bono or Ali or anyone connected with the band would give a shite about what is written on this forum. They know it for what it is: a harmless display of fan affection.

Last edited:
amylikesedge said:
I don't think I've been rude. I legitimately thought it was a spoof and once you'd told me it wasn't, I told you why I'd thought it had been. But you never really acknowledged my reasons on that. You were the one who accused me of having a reading disability after the first reply.

And I don't have to know Bono personally to know that he wouldn't exactly appreciate this, being that he has a wife of nearly 25 years and four children.

I stated it was Bono in another life. :eyebrow: I have been a fan of him and her for 26 years If you have been through other posts and get to know people on here you would see things differently.

It's funny to me how you keep ignoring my legitmate replies to you and skipping over to whatever red herring sort of argument you want to start. I didn't and still don't think I was being rude, merely trying to tell you what I think is amiss and I've got people telling me I'm being mean. I honestly didn't realize this thread was only for ego stroking.

Secondly, if you've been a fan for 26 years, I'd think you'd have a better grasp of what sort of things are in the range of probability for him to actually say or do. To me, it seems the only similarity your Bono has in common with the real one is the name. And no matter how many people I knew, I still wouldn't like this fic.

Oh, and in response to youvedonewhat, I love fanfic, have read and written some myself, and I always believed that the best authors can take criticism and use it to better themselves. And I know for a fact that fic has been taken poorly here before, and that was slash, which was banned.

People, please :huh: Drama, drama, drama.. :tsk:

Let's all just lighten up a wee bit, this is fan fic :eyebrow:

Is this drama? I would call it more of a discussion, really. About fanfic and this one in particular. And what better place than this thread? I didn't intend for anything personal to be said, and was trying to stay on topic. Apologies if this is considered drama.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom