The Summer Eze

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd hate to have JCOSTER's thread be closed so lets all just hug and play nice:)

Last edited:
Would it be closed just because someone expressed a dissenting opinon?

The 'don't like it, don't read it' argument doesn't fly with me regarding fanfic. Amy has pointed out things that seem drastically out of character about the fic; I wouldn't call that a personal attack nor would I call it making drama. It's constructive criticism, and if it's impossible to take a less than positive opinion about something that you've posted, then I suggest not making your fic available to the public.

:yawn:

I don't know..its all suppose to be in the name of fun...it's not an english essay or anything that needs grading...

Last edited:
amylikesedge said:
Wait, wait. You were joking, right? I mean... Mary Sue fic? When has Bono ever said "me darlin'"?

Drama..

And is Bono a thirteen year old girl? "He kissed me like he never had before. This time it was for good. It was the kissed that sealed the deal. We would be together always." Weh?
Drama..

I'm really, honestly confused. This was a spoof, right?
Drama.

Dissenting opinion is fine. There are FAR better ways to go about it though. Consider changing your approach.

JCOSTER said:

My heart was pounding so loud I could swear he could hear it. It sounded as if I borrowed Adams bass.

He kissed me like he never had before. This time it was for good. It was the kissed that sealed the deal. We would be together always.

Through our kissing, I told him I would never leave him, he doesn't ever have to be alone again, I will be waiting with arms wide open at the end of every show.

Bono leaned in closer to me....kissed me and said, always, me darl'in. Always."

These are my favorite parts :love:

kafrun said:

Dissenting opinion is fine. There are FAR better ways to go about it though. Consider changing your approach.

I'm sorry, but we have wildly different opinions about what constitutes as drama. Capslocking and going to complain in other threads and generally raising a public stink? That's drama. Pointing out what parts of the fic are pretty ridiculous and could do with a scrub up? Not drama.

How else would you suggest a dissenting opinon be voiced?

Kafrun, when I say "really honestly confused", I mean really honestly confused. I really thought there was a punchline or something. Excuse me if my first post seemed "dramatic", as at that point, I still thought it was a spoof. I think from there on I was rather nice to someone who accused me of having some sort of reading disability.

If you honestly don't see how those points could've been made more tactfully, I don't know what else to say :shrug:

evieangelique said:
Would it be closed just because someone expressed a dissenting opinon?

The 'don't like it, don't read it' argument doesn't fly with me regarding fanfic. Amy has pointed out things that seem drastically out of character about the fic; I wouldn't call that a personal attack nor would I call it making drama. It's constructive criticism, and if it's impossible to take a less than positive opinion about something that you've posted, then I suggest not making your fic available to the public.

Fiction is narrative writing that springs from the writer's imagination, though it may be based on actual events and real people.

I think thats why the thread is called FanFic.

kafrun said:
If you honestly don't see how those points could've been made more tactfully, I don't know what else to say :shrug:

No, seriously Kafrun, I would be really interested to know how you could put it much more tactfully.

Amy could've easily just littered the thread with puke smilies and a simple "Your fic sucks." She didn't. Criticism is one of the main things that any writer has to face, and no matter how it's delivered, they have to deal with it. I don't know how you're getting a drama out of it, unless of course you want it to be drama so the thread gets closed.

JCOSTER said:
Fiction is narrative writing that springs from the writer's imagination, though it may be based on actual events and real people.

I think thats why the thread is called FanFic.

Which is great and all fine and well, but it doesn't mean that it's not open to constructive criticism, either.

DreamOutLoud13 said:
I've got an idea. How about agreeing to disagree, and moving on? I think we're all mature enough here to do that.

As for the story, I think it's beautiful :love:
This post = win :heart:

You know, I'd be happy to let this go if someone, anyone, would just admit they only want positive comments and no criticism. I would have been happy to point out in detail the things I think could be improved, but I got jumped on before I realized what was even going on. I wish people would stop using the word drama, because I couldn't be more calm right now. Really.

I think the story is brill and can`t wait for the next part. I think we all have to remember that this is fanfic and thus is made up. I`m sure the band probably have a good laugh if they read any of these threads. Lets face it we all have very active imaginations and this story is pretty tame to some of our daydreams and fantasies!:combust:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom