The (RED) Thread - Discuss Products Only!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
bonocomet said:
Yes I got my Armani shades at a sunglasses store in a mall here. I haven't seen any other products yet. I didn't think to try jewelers for the watch. About how expensive is the watch?

Hi bonocomet :wave:
I paid 230 Euros for my watch... Guess it's a little bit cheaper in the US! Think I saw a link where it was around 225 Dollars. But I really looove my watch. It's so great (and huuuge ;))

Hi Bona Vox :wave:

Thanks so much for the info. I'd love to find that watch... maybe a Christmas gift for myself :hmm:

I'm sure some of you already knew this but I just took a look at the GAP site and saw some more of the women's tees on sale and the (RED) candles are now only $9.99! :love:

This would be a GREAT time to stock up on some of these items - and maybe do some early Xmas shopping!

www.gap.com/red

:bono: :heart: :heart: :hug:

dazzledbylight said:

Now JUST stop that, JCOS! :tsk:

:wink: :hug:
as one who's has learned to accept coimpliments more easily myself.....

and THAT'S EXACTLY whgy you SHOULD be complimented because you and [if] who ever helped you did a lovely little set up foir an idea/event you thot up that YOU brought to fruition for an Important cause/situaion !!!

It's not always easy to bring an idea into actualization.

And those were 2 {sniffles} *wonderfiul* stories about the kids.

I :applaud: you! :hug:

Thank you special lady!!!:wink:

Jamila said:
I'm sure some of you already knew this but I just took a look at the GAP site and saw some more of the women's tees on sale and the (RED) candles are now only $9.99! :love:

This would be a GREAT time to stock up on some of these items - and maybe do some early Xmas shopping!

www.gap.com/red

:bono: :heart: :heart: :hug:

Candles make great teacher gifts! I bought 6 of them in the store at $9.99 a couple of weeks ago. So check the stores too!

The word necklaces too are a great gift too! Only $4.99 now!

Last edited:
A quick update on the RED bag full of RED stuff for the auction of my school last night.

I was afraid that no one would try to win it, but there were alot of tickets in the bag to be pulled. There was also someone reading the description and this is what it said:

Let Your RED out! This Gap product RED bag containing many RED Gap RED items was purchased with half the money spent going to the global fund to help fight Aids, Malaria, and TB. You can spread the word and create awareness with the items in this bag.

I didn't realize until later that the person reading that just reached another 110 people.

Anyway, my sons teacher who loves U2 and Bono and RED products won the bag! She didn't have alot of the items in it. So I was thrilled considering on how much she helped me with my African school project!

Funny how with the RED products good things are happening to people who are supporting this cause.

so good to hear, JC. Let's face it, (RED) rocks!

I'm just back from my daughter's college grad from Emory Univ. Have to run up to Gap and then to check my mail where I suspect I have a note from you. Looking forward!

JCOSTER said:
A quick update on the RED bag full of RED stuff for the auction of my school last night.

I was afraid that no one would try to win it, but there were alot of tickets in the bag to be pulled. There was also someone reading the description and this is what it said:

Let Your RED out! This Gap product RED bag containing many RED Gap RED items was purchased with half the money spent going to the global fund to help fight Aids, Malaria, and TB. You can spread the word and create awareness with the items in this bag.

I didn't realize until later that the person reading that just reached another 110 people.

Anyway, my sons teacher who loves U2 and Bono and RED products won the bag! She didn't have alot of the items in it. So I was thrilled considering on how much she helped me with my African school project!

Funny how with the RED products good things are happening to people who are supporting this cause.

JC!!! THAT IS SO AWESOME!! YOU ROCK GIRL!!! :hug: so so proud of you and all that you are doing! This is just great! :happy:

JCOSTER said:

:)

I was WONDERING about that Red [auction] basket......I looking for it in the pics you posted!

I'm glad you got a bunch of people for it.

And HOW NICE some one who's a fan of U2/Bono got it! :D

Wonderful job, jcos! :hug:

oh yeah..i bopped over to 2 GAPS yesterday and though it woukd have been a pretty big stretch I was looking for the big satchel shoulder bag, but it was gone.

However I saw the blue light-weight denim shirt for 7$....... even if it dosen't quite fit arond my hips .....[i'd prob need an XL] ...I could split the sides some and sew them up.

I have to 1} go to the GAP store in The Village, 2} look up other GAP stores in Brooklyn & TRhe Bron x to visit inbn this nexy 7 days or so. :D

Last edited:
Not exactly sure if you would consider this a (RED) product, but it's as close to a (RED) product as you could get:

Get Inspi(RED) with AIM® (RED) WeeMees

AIM RED Weemees are a way to tell everyone you talk to online that you support (RED), the massive worldwide campaign that raises money and awareness for women and children affected by HIV/AIDS in Africa. AIM® users can create a WeeMee visual identity on the AIM® service for free and then use their animated alter-ego to express themselves, communicate and have fun with new and old friends.

AIM users can accessorize their WeeMees with free (RED) gear including Emporio Armani (PRODUCT) RED sunglasses, GAP (PRODUCT) RED T-shirts and a RED MOTOROLA cell phone. WeeMees drop into AIM® WeeMee backgrounds, including the new (RED) cityscape background, which are packed with animated surprises. AIM users can also express their support for (RED) through a new series of (RED) smileys and (RED) buddy icons.

To enjoy the full WeeMee experience, AIM users should download the latest version of the free AIM instant messaging service at http://www.aim.com.

So if you use AIM (as I have been told by several people that a lot of you do - :sexywink: ) then why don't you customize your AIM experience with these (RED) "products" and spread the word about (RED)?

:love: :hug:

New Product:

gp496385-01vliv01.jpg

And:

The Sha(RED) candle is now on sale for $6.99!

I created a weemee...but for some reason it isn't compatible with my system.

JC wow that is a really cool tank!

I gotta announce my ignorance on this, but does anyone know the significance of the red square thread that is on every shirt? I noticed it on all of mine, but I have no idea what it means.

unico said:

I gotta announce my ignorance on this, but does anyone know the significance of the red square thread that is on every shirt? I noticed it on all of mine, but I have no idea what it means.

It's just used to identify RED products versus all of their other products. Other than that, I don't know of any significance. :)

Jamila- a little while back I made one of those WeeMee's. They are adorable :cute:

Adams_Girl- I'm surprised they don't sell the products there! I'm sorry :hug: I wish I could help...

JCOSTER- I :heart: that new tank!! :)

Oh I almost forgot to post it but I was at Gap a couple of days ago and anything from winter is marked WAY down. All scarves were only $1.99, the big thick warm hoodies were 12.99, and lots more.

Adams_Girl- I'm surprised they don't sell the products there! I'm sorry I wish I could help...

No, they really don't sell them here. I think we don't even have some GAP stores.....

Adams_Girl said:

No, they really don't sell them here. I think we don't even have some GAP stores.....

You're right- we don't have any GAP stores in Germany. I even wrote an email to Gap.com and they told me to go to the UK or France as they couldn't send anything to Germany :huh: I bought a GAP shirt in Dublin, but they just had a few shirts, no hoodies or wristbands....

JCOSTER said:

:applaud: Fantastic JC .. so happy to hear all went well with your auction . Even better that a U2 lover won the (RED) basket. The children (and you , of course) must feel so good that money was raised to help others . Well Done !!

Just came back from the Gap, and I picked up a couple shirts. The DiscoveRED one, and the white WiRED one, both were only $9.99 :D And, I grabbed a few more pins, so now both pairs of my Chucks can have a pin on each shoe :nerd:

I didn't check out the hoodies though :hmm: for $12.99, I would buy another red one...

I appreciate the mention of the significance to African countries of 25 May.

It has been a date that I have observed and respected for over thirty years. :yes:

But the observance of 25 May around the world for Africa is not a recent phenonmenon.

Here is the write up that Wikipedia has for today and the longtime name for the day "African Liberation Day":

African Liberation Day on May 25 is an annual holiday in various countries in Africa, coinciding with African Union's Africa Day.

History
On April 15, 1958, in the city of Accra, Ghana, African leaders and political activists gathered at the first Conference of Independent African States. It was attended by representatives of the governments of Ethiopia, Ghana, Liberia, Libya, Morocco, Sudan, Tunisia, The United Arab Republic (which was the federation of Egypt and Syria) and representatives of the National Liberation Front of Algeria and the Union of the Peoples of Cameroon. This conference was significant in that it represented the first Pan-African Conference held on African soil.

The Conference called for the founding of African Freedom Day, a day to “mark each year the onward progress of the liberation movement, and to symbolize the determination of the People of Africa to free themselves from foreign domination and exploitation.”

Five years later after the First Conference of Independent African States in the city of Addis Ababa, Ethiopia another historical meeting occurred. On May 25, 1963, leaders of thirty-two independent African States met to form the Organization of African Unity (OAU). By then more than two thirds of the continent had achieved independence from colonial rule. At this historic meeting the date of Africa Freedom Day was changed from April 15 to May 25 and Africa Freedom Day was declared African Liberation Day (ALD).

I just got back from an African Liberation Day celebration which was held at our local Ten Thousand Villages store.

There was wonderful African music, food and, of course, fair trade items to buy. :up:

I bought some beautiful African crafted earrings, a miniture African marimba I've been wanting and a BEAUTIFUL woven basket from Uganda.

I also met some new African friends who are going to join me in my efforts to build our local Austin Africa Network - of which our local ONE group is a part of.

I wore my EDUN LIVE t-shirt (which everyONE loved) and wore my ONE band along with my (RED) leather bracelet.

ALWAYS (RED) AT HEART, debbie :bono: :heart: :heart: :hug:

Back
Top Bottom