The (RED) Thread - Discuss Products Only!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
does anybody live nearby an emporio armani store that carries red products?

i can't seem to find a way to purchase the products online. so if someone is willing to go shopping for me i'm willing to compensate :)

BonosLil'Pal94 said:

Just popped into the thread to see this! Thats great JC! :applaud: :hug: I'm glad the news has spread far. You are amazing, and I dont think there is any one person who can't look at you and wish their heart was as large and giving as yours. Thanks for opening your heart and being a wonderful person. It effects everyone around you in a positive way. :hug:

Thanks, your mom is doing a wonderful job!!! You're the sweetest thing!

unico said:

i can't seem to find a way to purchase the products online. so if someone is willing to go shopping for me i'm willing to compensate :)

the sunglasses are on eBay.
i got mine from there :cool:

Fantastic work JC :applaud: :rockon:

unico said:

There is one right next door to the Gap I visit, and I have only been inside of it once, and although the Gap was featuring entirely RED front display windows and a huge RED display and variety just inside their doors, the Armani store showed not one single indication that they had any connection to RED, nor could I find a single RED product in the store. :(

IIRC, when they announced the Armani (RED) shirts were available, they said they would only be in 4 locations, NY, LA, Honolulu and somewhere else. I knew I should have checked them out when we were in Hawaii :( but I thought they would at least have them available online at some point, but I guess not :(

Nightsong said:
IIRC, when they announced the Armani (RED) shirts were available, they said they would only be in 4 locations, NY, LA, Honolulu and somewhere else. I knew I should have checked them out when we were in Hawaii :( but I thought they would at least have them available online at some point, but I guess not :(

Only available in 4 locations?! :(

What's the point, I really don't undestand the thinking behind that. Thanks for the info though Nightsong!

I got my RED Armani watch at a jeweler in my town, it wasn't an Armani shop. And I think I saw the glasses in a regular shop, where they had all kind of other sunglasses, too. What are you looking for, Unico? The glasses? I found an online shop: http:// unitedshades.com/product.asp?idmodel=ea9285

Yes I got my Armani shades at a sunglasses store in a mall here. I haven't seen any other products yet. I didn't think to try jewelers for the watch. About how expensive is the watch?

Bona Vox said:
I got my RED Armani watch at a jeweler in my town, it wasn't an Armani shop. And I think I saw the glasses in a regular shop, where they had all kind of other sunglasses, too. What are you looking for, Unico? The glasses? I found an online shop: http:// unitedshades.com/product.asp?idmodel=ea9285

Thanks Bona Vox :)
I was actually looking for the belt :)love: the buckle) and the tshirts though. Oh well. :sigh: EA needs to wake up. GAP is popular...I'm sure EA would be just as popular if their products were more accessible.

bonocomet said:
Yes I got my Armani shades at a sunglasses store in a mall here. I haven't seen any other products yet. I didn't think to try jewelers for the watch. About how expensive is the watch?

My armanis came from a sunglass store in the mall too.

bonocomet said:

When Babydoll and I where looking online, we found the watch for about $185 if i remember correctly.

A few new products.

gp496386-02vliv01.jpg

gp503128-00vliv01.jpg

gp496384-00vliv01.jpg

:up: :heart: Jcoster...that really touched my heart! Yeah, indeed what a wayt o spread the word..among kids yet! but they Do get it!! :wink: Thanks for sharing 'the word' with them..and us! :heart:

forbonou2 said:
:up: :heart: Jcoster...that really touched my heart! Yeah, indeed what a wayt o spread the word..among kids yet! but they Do get it!! :wink: Thanks for sharing 'the word' with them..and us! :heart:

I'm working hard on getting the word spread about RED and everything else. Not many people are receptive and their are quite a few obstacles in the way. I admire Bono for his persistance.

Bono in the CNN interview from yesterday with Dr. Sanjya Gupta mentioned that there will be some announcements in the near future about SOME MORE COMPANIES INTRODUCING THEIR OWN (RED) PRODUCTS!!

That means that shortly we should have some more purchase choices to make to show our support for (RED). :love:

Hopefully, these new companies will take the lead from GAP and put a greater percentage of their profits into the Global Fund from the sale of their (RED) line.

The day that I spent a few hours with the folks from (RED) while they were in my city a few weeks ago, they were discussing some of these potential newcomers to (RED) and were actually in my city to visit with the execs from one of these potential newcomers to (RED). :hug:

If this company comes onboard (it is a HUGELY profitable company and one that everybody here would know), then the potential for sales for (RED) and the increased profits for the Global Fund would be HUGE! :hi5:

Let's hope that when these new companies to sign up for (RED) are finally announced that this company and others who could be highly lucrative for (RED) and the Global Fund will be those who have joined our movement to make extreme poverty history!

I was really excited when Bono mentioned this last night.

Have a beautiful day - don't let it get away! :bono: :heart:

www.theglobalfund.org

I think in yesterday's interview Bono cleared up some things about (Red) in a very eloquent way. He said that the profits going to the Global Fund from the sale of (Red) products are higher than what whole countries have given over the years. He also said that he totally supports the idea of making this a commercial issue, since the commercial idea behind it makes the project sustainable.
He said that they needed more companies to join and that there will be announcements made very soon. Can't wait to hear about this!
An announcement I would really LOVE to hear is the one about (Red) products being available in other European countries as well. That would be so great.

Jamila said:
Bono in the CNN interview from yesterday with Dr. Sanjya Gupta mentioned that there will be some announcements in the near future about SOME MORE COMPANIES INTRODUCING THEIR OWN (RED) PRODUCTS!!

That means that shortly we should have some more purchase choices to make to show our support for (RED). :love:

Hopefully, these new companies will take the lead from GAP and put a greater percentage of their profits into the Global Fund from the sale of their (RED) line.

The day that I spent a few hours with the folks from (RED) while they were in my city a few weeks ago, they were discussing some of these potential newcomers to (RED) and were actually in my city to visit with the execs from one of these potential newcomers to (RED). :hug:

If this company comes onboard (it is a HUGELY profitable company and one that everybody here would know), then the potential for sales for (RED) and the increased profits for the Global Fund would be HUGE! :hi5:

Let's hope that when these new companies to sign up for (RED) are finally announced that this company and others who could be highly lucrative for (RED) and the Global Fund will be those who have joined our movement to make extreme poverty history!

I was really excited when Bono mentioned this last night.

Have a beautiful day - don't let it get away! :bono: :heart:

www.theglobalfund.org

:scratch: I thought he said they need more companies...

A comment about more companies becoming (RED) means that there will be more (RED) products to talk about.

That should make everyONE happy in this thread. :love:

The interview by Bono did say to look forward to an announcement about these new (RED) companies in the near future.

ALWAYS (RED) AT HEART :bono: :heart: :heart: :hug:

Originally posted by JCOSTER
Don't be impressed....I have a hard time with compliments... :huh:

Now JUST stop that, JCOS! :tsk:

:wink: :hug:
as one who's has learned to accept coimpliments more easily myself.....

I am just trying to inspire.wink:

and THAT'S EXACTLY whgy you SHOULD be complimented because you and [if] who ever helped you did a lovely little set up foir an idea/event you thot up that YOU brought to fruition for an Important cause/situaion !!!

It's not always easy to bring an idea into actualization.

And those were 2 {sniffles} *wonderfiul* stories about the kids.

I :applaud: you! :hug:

Back
Top Bottom