The (RED) Thread - Discuss Products Only!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
JCOSTER said:
^ thanks to Maddys info on Invisible Children, we raffled one off. I was wearing mine today and the kids were interested on what an invisible child was. :up: for Maddy!

wow! :ohmy: I didn't know that! Maddy :rockon: girl!! And mom ain't so bad either..:wink:

BonoFox1 said:

How old is that Irish Independant magazine??? Is there anywhere I can get a copy?? I'd LOVE to read the articles!! :)

BonoFox, are you talking about the Independent newspaper from London which had two (RED) issues last year?

If so, you can probably contact the Independent newspaper in London via the internet and see if they have any more of those newspapers.

www.independent.co.uk

Thanks for asking the question. :hug:

Bonochick said:
I was conflicted in closing the last thread, since it has been an ongoing thing. I'd like for you all to be able to still discuss (RED) products...sharing things you've bought, alerting people of items that are available, asking questions about products, etc.

This thread is to discuss (RED) products ONLY. No information on (RED) functions, events, news articles, or things of that nature should be posted. Please only discuss products.

Thanks. :)

I have followed the advice of the moderator who started this thread and have kept my comments focused on (RED) products.

I will only deviate for the smallest reason which is to mention that the Mother's Day ecards are available in case you would like to send one to your mother.

You can make this Mother's Day even more special - not only for your mom but for thousands of moms in Africa. :up:

Here is the link:

http://hipstercards.com/see_all.php?categid=192

It would be best to follow the moderator's advice on this thread.
It's already in danger of being derailed. :huh:

Re: Re: The (RED) Thread - Discuss Products Only!

Jamila said:

I have followed the advice of the moderator who started this thread and have kept my comments focused on (RED) products.

I will only deviate for the smallest reason which is to mention that the Mother's Day ecards are available in case you would like to send one to your mother.

You can make this Mother's Day even more special - not only for your mom but for thousands of moms in Africa. :up:

Here is the link:

http://hipstercards.com/see_all.php?categid=192

It would be best to follow the moderator's advice on this thread.
It's already in danger of being derailed. :huh:

how and where in this thread is there possible derailment. From what I can gather there has been none. Everyone is following her wishes here.. :confused:

Re: Re: Re: Re: The (RED) Thread - Discuss Products Only!

unico said:

she didn't say that the thread was derailed :huh:

This is what Jamila said: "It's already in danger of being derailed." Check out the last line of her most recent post! :D

If someone is speaking of derailment because of a little off topic of Invisible Children....it is still a tremendous cause for children in Africa, especially Uganda. It was in conjunction with the majority of red items to be raffled. All to bring more awareness to about 300 students and teachers. :wink:

waynetravis said:
gp479791-05av1v01.jpg

gp479791-09vliv01.jpg

gp479791-05p02v01.jpg

New jersey type tees :drool:

( :giggle: new jersey)

Oooh love them. :love:

JCOSTER said:
This was our little set up for the raffles today....During a mothers day plant sale the kids would put their names in the bags of the items they wanted to win for themselves or for mothers day!

raffle1.jpg

Here you can see all our items.
raffle3.jpg

raffle2.jpg

The kids were really excited about the whole thing and they remembered so much of what I spoke about to them in class.

Two stories on how "She Moves in Mysterious Ways."

1. This little boy who is in kindergarten special ed. class asked me for help in choosing something. I told him what all the items where and then said you can win something for yourself or for your mom. This little boy looks up at me with big blue eyes and says, "I don't have a mom, she's up in heaven." I felt so bad, I didn't know. I had him put his name in to win a scored necklace and leather bracelet so he can share with his dad or twin brother. I wanted to slide under the table. At the end of school we picked the names out of the bags and I pulled his name out of the bag! I know God had something to do with it. I can't even describe the feeling I had when I read his name.

2. Theres another kindergartner who actually lives in a house behind that is kind off run down. They don't have much money at all, they rent and the girl wears clothes that are way to small because thats all she can afford. She put her name in the bag to win a giraffe beanie baby (which a teacher donated quite a few).
I have felt bad for these people for so long and was even thinking of buying a bag full of clothes for the little girl and leaving it on their door step. I put my name in the bag for the giraffe and pulled out her name! When I handed it to her you would think I gave her a million $. I was so happy that she won.

It was such a great day spreading Africa around.

Mysterious Ways...:hmm :

What a great thing to do. :up:

I'm glad those kids won something. :hug: Sounds like they needed cheering up. :)

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: The (RED) Thread - Discuss Products Only!

MsPurrl said:

This is what Jamila said: "It's already in danger of being derailed." Check out the last line of her most recent post! :D

:reject: i don't know how i missed that part. whoops. Thanks MsPurrl. And U2Fanatic4Ever, I sincerely apologize. I was definitely wrong.

Last edited:
JCOSTER said:
If someone is speaking of derailment because of a little off topic of Invisible Children....it is still a tremendous cause for children in Africa, especially Uganda. It was in conjunction with the majority of red items to be raffled. All to bring more awareness to about 300 students and teachers. :wink:

It is off the topic from what I said this thread was originally for, but I really hate to sound like a total witch when it's such a good cause. :reject:

Sidenote, I have that Beanie Baby stork. :cute:

We really should keep this thread strictly for discussion of (RED) products though. I'm sorry. We can leave your posts go though, and if anybody wishes to comment on them, that's okay...but please, everyone, don't have the posts end up turning into a fight. :)

U2Fanatic4ever said:
LOOKIE LOOKIE!!! :hyper: :hyper: at what I ordered today.. :happy:

leather Product RED Motorola V3M Case with Strap...
PhonecaseRED.jpg

:sexywink: if anyone is interested you can get it at the motostore.

I just got this in the mail yesterday! :happy: I love it.. Also the strap is cool too I have it attached to the case of the phone..

redstrapl.jpg

PREMIE(RED): JOSS STONE'S (RED) VIDEO

Now at VH1.com, catch the premiere of Joss Stone's new video "Tell Me What We're Gonna Do Now," featuring rapper Common. Starting June 6, Joss will become the first (RED) artist to contribute 100% of her share of the proceeds from each copy of her video sold on iTunes to the Global Fund. Watch the video on VH1.com now, and get your own copy of it on June 6!

JCOSTER said:
PREMIE(RED): JOSS STONE'S (RED) VIDEO

Now at VH1.com, catch the premiere of Joss Stone's new video "Tell Me What We're Gonna Do Now," featuring rapper Common. Starting June 6, Joss will become the first (RED) artist to contribute 100% of her share of the proceeds from each copy of her video sold on iTunes to the Global Fund. Watch the video on VH1.com now, and get your own copy of it on June 6!

:cool: :up: Props to Joss Stone for doing this!:wink: I will have to go check out this vid..

thanks JC :hug:

kellyahern said:
Wayne, were did you get the red ribbon pins you posted a few pages back? Are they only available in stores or can we buy them online?

i think they are in store only. i never seen them online.

when we went, the manager gave them to us while we was looking at the shirts.

JCOSTER said:
^ thanks to Maddys info on Invisible Children, we raffled one off. I was wearing mine today and the kids were interested on what an invisible child was. :up: for Maddy!

Just popped into the thread to see this! Thats great JC! :applaud: :hug: I'm glad the news has spread far. You are amazing, and I dont think there is any one person who can't look at you and wish their heart was as large and giving as yours. Thanks for opening your heart and being a wonderful person. It effects everyone around you in a positive way. :hug:

Since we are now posting info in this thread that is not just products related, here is the write up that I was asked to do for the ONE blog about the day that I was asked to accompany Bobby Shriver and (RED) as they visited several GAP stores where (RED) products are sold:

http://action.one.org/blog/comments.jsp?key=1&blog_entry_KEY=716&t=

ONE with (RED) in Austin TX!

Posted by Debbie K, ONE volunteer, Austin, TX
10:00 AM May 08, 2007

During a trip to Austin, Bobby Shriver stopped by a few GAP stores to meet the GAP employees and talk to their customers about (RED). Before the visit, the (RED) team reached out to ONE members to join them - so I accompanied them to two stores.

At each GAP store that we visited, we found the employees to be very enthusiastic about (RED) and well-informed on how the sale of (RED) products help the Global Fund to fight AIDS in Africa. (For instance, one GAP employee actually keeps a folder in her store with article updates on the Global Fund for her fellow employees to read.)

Bobby was quite excited when one GAP store employee showed real interest in ONE and wanted to know how she could contact local ONE volunteers. Bobby looked at me and smiled as I raised my hand to identify myself as a local Austin ONE volunteer!

Mr. Shriver hopes to find the best way to connect what (RED) is doing in the marketplace to get people INSPI(RED) to join the movement to fight AIDS and to make extreme poverty history with ONE. He knows that (RED) and ONE can be very effective for the world's poorest people. I hope that his vision will become a reality because ONE and (RED) are truly sister organizations.

ALWAYS (RED) AT HEART - :love: :hug:

Jamila said:
Since we are now posting info in this thread that is not just products related

No. We are not.

I already addressed the situation. Please see my most recent post in this thread.

Also, the Joss Stone video has nothing to do with (RED) products...unless she is featuring (RED) products in the video. Unless that is the case, that shouldn't be discussed. Please keep this thread to products only.

Joss will become the first (RED) artist to contribute 100% of her share of the proceeds from each copy of her video sold on iTunes to the Global Fund.

Her video is a RED product, since it can be purchased in June. In the video which I have seen there is a RED banner is the background.

Back
Top Bottom