The (RED) Thread - Discuss Products Only!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
bonoishot said:

Thora heres a list of GAP stores around the Vancouver area. Hope it helps. :kiss:

Thanks, Jem! :kiss: I actually don't really live in Vancouver - I'm in the suburbs. I may have to take a trip to one of those stores though, because their selection might be better. I'm definitely going to call around this weekend.

I can't afford to buy anything at the moment (went to several expensive hockey games), but that's what credit cards are for, right?! :wink:

arw9797 said:
and I have a question about sale merchandise on this stuff....does anyone know how much money Gap gives to Red if the item is on sale? Is it the same amount of money if the item was regular price?

It's a great question, which I've wondered about. Maybe tomorrow when I go I'll ask. Somehow I doubt the sales people will know, but it can't hurt to ask..

Liesje said:
I like this one in grey

gp471528-00vliv01.jpg

:drool: I love the word enamoured. I just wish the wording was slightly darker. Maybe it will be darker in store. :hmm: I hope they have some new things in Manchester tommorow. :hyper:

ramblin rose said:

According to my friend the scarf was actually marked for 9.99 but when they rang it up it rang up at the $4.99 price, the same with the journal, it was marked at $12.99 (I think was what she told me) but rang up at $6.99.

She was able to get the long green army jacket which was marked down to $59,99 but rang up for $29.99. Now that was a steal.

That was a steal considering the jacket by my Gap is $74.99!!! :ohmy:

ramblin rose said:

She was able to get the long green army jacket which was marked down to $59,99 but rang up for $29.99. Now that was a steal.

I want this but i don't know if they have it in the UK. Its :drool: though. Still im happy now to get whatever i can to support (RED). We're lucky to have it in the UK, even if its not as much as the US or Canada. :)

waynetravis said:
my 2 new (RED) tees:

04-05-07_1947.jpg

and pins:

04-05-07_1949.jpg

i asked the manager if they was going to be getting any of the bracelets and other things, but he said that this store is only allocated a few item because its not a flagship.

he told us to goto the store in Leeds because they have a whole area dedicated to (RED) :drool:
he said he was there yesterday and they had jean, jackets, etc. and way more printed tshirts :)

I love your teeshirts Wayne. :drool::love:

I might go to Leeds if they don't have alot of choice in Manchester. That or LIverpool has the next flagship store. Leeds has a Harvey Nichols shop though. One t shirts. :drool:

ThoraSEB said:

Thanks, Jem! :kiss: I actually don't really live in Vancouver - I'm in the suburbs. I may have to take a trip to one of those stores though, because their selection might be better. I'm definitely going to call around this weekend.

I can't afford to buy anything at the moment (went to several expensive hockey games), but that's what credit cards are for, right?! :wink:

Credit cards. :drool: ( I only have a debit card though. :grumpy: )

I'd go with your idea of ringing round and find out which is the flagship store/s. They have the better selection. :yes:

I remembered you saying you were in the suburbs but i couldnt remember where so that why i posted so many. :)

arw9797 said:

and I have a question about sale merchandise on this stuff....does anyone know how much money Gap gives to Red if the item is on sale? Is it the same amount of money if the item was regular price?

I was just wondering this. Any money is better than no money though, it will still help improve someones life.

Just back from my local Gap store...I bought the blue slub (I think that's what it's called) pullover for $24.99, and an AdoRED onesie for my little brother's birthday! OMG, the baby stuff is sooooo much cuter in person! I'll try to get a pic of him in it this weekend. The scarfs were $9.99 at my store as well.

Wayne, I :heart: your tees, I saw those ones online...just waiting for them to show up in our store :happy:

ramblin rose said:

It's a great question, which I've wondered about. Maybe tomorrow when I go I'll ask. Somehow I doubt the sales people will know, but it can't hurt to ask..

It's usually only the store profit that will be affected. The markup on any retail item is usually at least 150%, often a LOT higher for clothes or fashion lines so marking things down to clear doesn't make much difference.

unico said:
does anyone already have the dresses? i want to get one (people wanna get me grad gifts!!) but im concerned with how they might fit.

I have the blue denim look dress and it fits really well. I think though if you are large on top it would be a problem. My dress is a medium, usually a medium dress is too large, baggy, but this one is good. I usually wear medium tops too.
I ordered the red dress but it hasn't arrived yet, it has a racer back, so I assume once again if you are large it won't work as well.

waynetravis said:
my 2 new (RED) tees:

04-05-07_1947.jpg

and pins:

04-05-07_1949.jpg

my mum still managed to get more tees than me because our Gap has more Product (RED) for women then they do for men :grumpy:

i asked the manager if they was going to be getting any of the bracelets and other things, but he said that this store is only allocated a few item because its not a flagship.

he told us to goto the store in Leeds because they have a whole area dedicated to (RED) :drool:
he said he was there yesterday and they had jean, jackets, etc. and way more printed tshirts :)

se we're going next week i think. :hyper:

my mum has caught the (RED) bug now. she bought 6 tees this week :ohmy:

WOW!:ohmy:

Those are AWESOME Wayne!!!:drool: :drool:

bonocomet said:
Here's the journal. They are pretty small (3x5 inches). The cover is very shiny and embossed with Inspi(red), it has a ribbon bookmark and has some info about Product Red inside. I got mine at Gap for 6.99. (They were originally $25. :ohmy: )

redjournal.jpg

well I got the white candle but our gap was out of the journal they called the other store in town and are saving the last 2
for me but the guy said they are $12.99 I hope they will ring up at $6.99 . So I'm waiting for rush hour to die down .

I could see a 12.99 price tag under the 6.99 tag on mine. I don't understand why all the stores aren't taking these mark downs at the same time. :confused:

(I used to work for a retail chain and we all had to take the same markdowns at the same time... no matter where the stores were located.)

Last edited:
U2Girl416 said:
ooh I like those pins, Wayne. :yes:

U2Girl, the pins that wayne showed us should be available at your local GAP store.

Virtually every GAP store should have a decent supply of them.
They are $5.00 each.

As far as the question about how much money goes to the Global Fund through (RED) from sale items at the GAP, I will ask some folks that I know and I'm sure that we can get an answer for everybody here. :wink:

Thanks for your interest and support of (RED) to support the Global Fund. (www.theglobalfund.org) :love: :hug:

bonocomet said:
I could see a 12.99 price tag under the 6.99 tag on mine. I don't understand why all the stores aren't taking these mark downs at the same time. :confused:

(I used to work for a retail chain and we all had to take the same markdowns at the same time... no matter where the stores were located.)

it rang up for $6.99 but the tag said $12.99 .

Jamila said:

As far as the question about how much money goes to the Global Fund through (RED) from sale items at the GAP, I will ask some folks that I know and I'm sure that we can get an answer for everybody here. :wink:

When I bought some Red stuff on sale at Gap a few weeks ago I asked about the donation and I was told the full amount was still being donated. I’m not saying that’s 100% accurate (I’ve been given wrong information from sales people before), but it was what I was told :shrug:

kassandra said:

I have the blue denim look dress and it fits really well. I think though if you are large on top it would be a problem. My dress is a medium, usually a medium dress is too large, baggy, but this one is good. I usually wear medium tops too.
I ordered the red dress but it hasn't arrived yet, it has a racer back, so I assume once again if you are large it won't work as well.

:sad:
that's what i was afraid of. i tried the blue cami, not the dress, and the top part was too small. i was hoping the racer back style wouldn't be a problem since it is a different cut. can you give me an update when you receive it? they look soooo pretty!

pattip2000 said:

When I bought some Red stuff on sale at Gap a few weeks ago I asked about the donation and I was told the full amount was still being donated. I’m not saying that’s 100% accurate (I’ve been given wrong information from sales people before), but it was what I was told :shrug:

i can't say 100% if this applies to the red products or not, but when i used to work retail, usually when things were marked down, that just meant that they were reduced so that the buyer pays closer to what the store actually paid, which in turn reduces (if not eliminates, depending on the markdown) the profits. so, i would think that only the profit is reduced. but this is just speculation.

p.s. i'm coming over in 2 weeks. get ready...and bring red paint!

Ok, so I just called 1 800 GAP STYLE, and the girl there said that 50% of the profits is still donated, she didn’t know if it’s 50% of the original profit or adjusted for the sales price. I hope it’s off of the original price, not only because that’s better for the fund but it’s what I was told very clearly when I was in the store making a purchase. If it’s off the sales price I can understand it, bottom line is GAP is a business and they need to make a profit to stay in business. I’ll be interested in seeing what other people hear when they ask the same question.

p.s. Mia come on over, my house needs to be painted anyways :wink:

I just went to the Gap today and they have the tank tops on sale for ladies. Down to $12.50. Most ahve the (RED) words on them and a few blank.

I haven't seen that Africa tshirt here in Arizona yet.
And I do check out the mens section too just in case. Which is where I bought a dog tag last time.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom