The PLEBA-laungauge school - Learn one or more European laungauges!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Moonlit_Angel said:

Hehe, well, I have a lot of room in my inbox now thanks to a major cleaning of it a while back, so zipping it would be fine. :).

Angela

Okay, it's been zipped and is on it's way right now! ;)

Merc said:

Okay, it's been zipped and is on it's way right now! ;)

:banghead: :grumpy: :angry: :scream: :censored: :madspit:

Argh!!! Why on earth won't this work?! Zipping the file only made it go from 34,2KB to 33,9KB... So I still get the mail back!!!

Got any idea what we can do Angela?! :confused: :help:

Merc said:
:banghead: :grumpy: :angry: :scream: :censored: :madspit:

Argh!!! Why on earth won't this work?! Zipping the file only made it go from 34,2KB to 33,9KB... So I still get the mail back!!!

Got any idea what we can do Angela?! :confused: :help:

Technology's a beyotch sometimes, isn't it? I'm not an expert on this stuff, unfortunately, so I'm not sure what else we can do...perhaps somebody who's well-versed in computer stuff can help us out here. One thing I'll try...I'll look through my inbox again soon here and see if there's any other mail I can delete to give this more room.

Angela

U2Kitten said:
How much is Dutch like Flemish? Which is easier to learn?

Actually,there is NO difference. It's all in the accent and sometimes in the use of words but if we both (the Flemish and Dutch people) speak according the dictionary,it should be the same. You hear a difference between brittish and american english or between irish and scottish accents but the words should be alike,no?

Some words
Good morning=goede morgen (oe=ou in would)
Hello=hallo (easy one)
beautiful=mooi(bit like a long 'boy') ,knap, schoon
cat(s)=kat(ten):up:
nice pic=mooie foto
chest=borst
chin=kin

I know this is NOT easy since more words with similar meanings and than there is still the pronounciation. It would be a ot easier for you to hear it.
If you want more,just ask:wink: :hug:

greety said:
Some words
Good morning=goede morgen (oe=ou in would)
Hello=hallo (easy one)
beautiful=mooi(bit like a long 'boy') ,knap, schoon
cat(s)=kat(ten):up:
nice pic=mooie foto
chest=borst
chin=kin

I know this is NOT easy since more words with similar meanings and than there is still the pronounciation. It would be a ot easier for you to hear it.
If you want more,just ask:wink: :hug:

Weehee :D I always thought Dutch sounded like a nice mixture of German, English and Danish! :lol: And your spelling also looks like a mix of these languages - I would love to learn some more Dutch! :wink:

How would you say: U2 is the best band in the world? :hmm:

I can help with French, but I've been teaching level 1 for 11 years, so it would have to be on the simple side if you want something quick

Merc said:

Weehee :D I always thought Dutch sounded like a nice mixture of German, English and Danish! :lol: And your spelling also looks like a mix of these languages - I would love to learn some more Dutch! :wink:

How would you say: U2 is the best band in the world? :hmm:

U2 is de beste groep van de wereld.

Sorry Merc, I didn't have time for the pronounciation although it's not that difficult.

U2 is=is of course the same:wink:
de= like the but -th is like a -d
Beste= The first -e like in 'west',
the 2nd -e is mute(?) again like in 'the'
groep=group
van= the -a sounds like in 'ah'
wereld= still thinking about that first-e
2nd -e is mute again

U2Kitten said:
Thanks Greety! :wave: So I'm U2 Katten?

Almost,
A kitten is a little cat right?
A little cat is 'katje' in dutch.
So you are U2Katje
A cat or kitten also translates as poes(je), which is in english 'pussy(cat)'. But we're not going there ok?:wink:
Like I said before ,we have more words for 1 item,that's what makes it confusing for students

greety said:

So you are U2Katje

Hey greety, thanks for the translation - I'm gonna practice saying "U2 is de beste groep van de wereld" all easter holiday! :lol:

... btw, U2Kitten, you would be U2Killing in Danish (Kitten = Killing) - and yes, you pronounce it like the English word "killing"! :eeklaugh: :shifty:

That's a real killer Merc !!!

You know what you could do if you wanted to hear dutch??
I just thought of it this afternoon. If any of you have a fast internet-line(?),you could listen to lifestream radio right?
Well, the radiostation I always listen to is on the net, it's called Studio Brussel, I like it a lot. Here's the link

www.stubru.be

I don't visit there often so I can't tell you by heart where the link to the lifestream is. But maybe you can find it,it also has a webcam but that doesn't work for me at all (old computer you know)
If you find it,let me know what you think of it

greety said:
That's a real killer Merc !!!

:yes: :D

greety said:

You know what you could do if you wanted to hear dutch??
I just thought of it this afternoon. If any of you have a fast internet-line(?),you could listen to lifestream radio right?
Well, the radiostation I always listen to is on the net, it's called Studio Brussel, I like it a lot. Here's the link

www.stubru.be

I don't visit there often so I can't tell you by heart where the link to the lifestream is. But maybe you can find it,it also has a webcam but that doesn't work for me at all (old computer you know)
If you find it,let me know what you think of it

greety, thats a really good idea :up: - I followed the link and eventually I got to hear someone speak Dutch - I guess it was the news or something like that! :hmm: I didn't understand what they said, but it does give you an idea how to pronounce the words! :yes:

If anyone is interested I've found a link for the national Danish news (the ones we see on tv):

[url]http://www.dr.dk/pubs/nyheder/html/nyheder/tv-avisen/index.jhtml;jsessionid=GSJSVGB02DWPPLASFANCFEQ?_requestid=322417
[/URL]

When you go to the page it says "TV-avisen 21:00"* with dark-blue letters in a light-blue "box". Right below that there's a link called:

(red box) TV-avisen 21:00*
21:00:00 (1:01:59 min)

Click on this link and you'll see tonights news! :D (It starts with a short clip of som Irakian people/rebels...*) I don't know if you can see it with a low speed internet connection since I've got a high speed connection... :hmm:

*) This, of course, depends on when you whatch the news - they're updated all the time, but just do as I've described :wink:

Last edited:
Merc said:

:yes: :D

greety, thats a really good idea :up: - I followed the link and eventually I got to hear someone speak Dutch - I guess it was the news or something like that! :hmm: I didn't understand what they said, but it does give you an idea how to pronounce the words! :yes:

If anyone is interested I've found a link for the national Danish news (the ones we see on tv):

Glad that it worked for you Merc:up:
It's just to get an idea of how it sounds,I know. The music is good too, but I like it best during the day (not so much after 7pm).

I won't have to try your link cos my computer is not up to it anyhow! :sad:But thanks.

...So, we're back at the language-school - Hope everybody has had some great Easter holidays! :D

Let's just start our next lesson with the word "Easter"

Easter = P?ske (in Danish)

aine_hewson said:
Can be a not Europen language? If so, me and Supernova can teach portuguese! (From Brazil) :wink:

Yep, we're up for any language that's not English! :yes:

Btw, is there anyone who's up for a spanish-challenge? I still haven't figured out the spanish part of "Mothers..."-live and I've been listning to it all easter... :reject:

Back
Top Bottom