The photos that make you love them...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
MsPurrl said:

They are indeed beautiful shots, but there's just something about them I don't like--can't quite put my finger on it! I guess our differences are what makes the world go 'round, eh? :wink:
I would have to agree with you here. I think it may be the mood he is in that is showing through to the photos. He looks annoyed with something,and not his normal shinny self.

Sad_Girl said:
Bono369.jpg

I forgot how much I love this pic!:drool:

last unicorn said:
Awww, Bono is so good at sleeping, anytime, anyplace.

Aw! All the sleepy pics remind me of that time Bono fell asleep in the DATA bus and dreamed John Sampson was trying to cut his hair while he (Bono) was eating a cheeseburger....or something like that :lol:

Liesje said:

Aw! All the sleepy pics remind me of that time Bono fell asleep in the DATA bus and dreamed John Sampson was trying to cut his hair while he (Bono) was eating a cheeseburger....or something like that :lol:

:lmao: oh wow, I haven't heard that one before! where did you read that?

Galeongirl said:

:lmao: oh wow, I haven't heard that one before! where did you read that?

When Bono and Bobby organized the DATA "Heat of America" tour in 2002, Bono posted daily diary entries to DATA's website during the week they were traveling. One of the days he mentioned how tired he was, and fell asleep in the back of the bus and had that ridiculous dream.

I'm not sure if the diary is still available on the site, but I have it printed out for my photo album at home (I went to some of the DATA events).

Oh, look!

http://www.data.org/whyafrica/stories/press_heartland_diaries.php

And on to Cincinnati Ohio… I fall asleep in the back of the bus, with the blinds up and dream in some of the most beautiful landscape in the world lit up by the snow. My dream is a hamburger brought to me by John Sampson, our head of security… in the dream I get my hair cut and haven't the strength to eat it. These are the ramblings of someone who's been away from home for too long. I miss my wife, I miss my kids, I can't wait for Christmas. My present, our present, will be a historic AIDS initiative.

:giggle:

Liesje said:

When Bono and Bobby organized the DATA "Heat of America" tour in 2002, Bono posted daily diary entries to DATA's website during the week they were traveling. One of the days he mentioned how tired he was, and fell asleep in the back of the bus and had that ridiculous dream.

I'm not sure if the diary is still available on the site, but I have it printed out for my photo album at home (I went to some of the DATA events).

:giggle: that's a very nice typo, heat of america!

Nice quote :lol: weird dream indeed!

thankyou said:

they don't seem natural shots, too posed. it almost seems like the photographer told him to be dead serious, something i don't feel is truly a major trait of Bono's personality.

After careful consideration, I have come to the conclusion that I don't like his eyes in those photos--they look taxidermed or something. :huh:

Galeongirl said:

:giggle: that's a very nice typo, heat of america!

Ooops! Nice catch, hehe. I've been typing all day at work, but I have this nasty migraine and I've taken six pills so between not being able to focus my eyes and getting slightly loopy, I'm sure making a lot of mistakes!

Glad everyone gets to enjoy the diaries. I love reading Bono's ramblings. Sometimes they are more insightful than his scripted speeches.

Galeongirl said:
Reading them now.. I never knew these diaries existed! I knew about that tour, but none of the details!

I was hoping there would be more pictures. Their bus stopped at a restaurant along the interstate about 40 miles north of here. If we (my sister swandiver and I) had only known when, we would have gone. There was a picture in the local paper, but of course it's gone now. :grumpy:

Regarding the "Heart of America" tour (which I also attended), World Vision has a very nice diary of its own chronicling the entire journey from its perspective as one of the organizations invited to be a part of the "tour".

The pictures are evidently no longer available on their site but their entries really help to bring anyone not fortunate enough to have experienced it a very good idea what happened on the "Heart of America" tour.

http://www.worldvision.org/worldvision/comms.nsf/stable/heart_america_map

:bono: :heart: :heart: :hug:

Back
Top Bottom