The Oscars: Proof that Robin Williams and Bono look alike.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Thank god I'm not the only who has noticed the resemblence. I couldn't find the picture but the one of Bono in the sarong on the beach laughing at something. That's the one the really made we me go OMG its Robin's twin! Kinda disturbing actually.

I thought the person that started this thread was really joking about it! :ohmy:
I just posted a lot of Bono's pictures. Maybe you want to give a look at them.

Last edited:
Plus they're both quite hairy...

bono0169.jpg

faithingrace said:
Back in the '80's there was a book called "Seperated at Birth" that had Bono and Robin Williams. This was the first time I had ever noticed it. It is true!

AH HA! I have that book too! I used to look at it all the time, now I need to go find it. :lol:

And I agree. They do look alike at some angles. But if anything, Robin Williams is a goofy joke on Bono's looks.

I've thought for awhile that they should do a movie where they played brothers. :shrug:

Good morning Vietnam! I have no idea whose photograph this is.

dwyy5i.jpg

He's not ashamed of the similarity, he embraces.
MrWilliams.jpg

It's not an insult or a matter of pride for those inclined to appreciate the aesthetics of one Mr Bono, it's a matter of facial structure. After all, teenage girls can look exactly like their fathers while existing as essentially the opposite of hideously greying and wrinkled older men, 'tis all about bone structure.

I love Bono to death most of you know this by now but I thought the same thing on occasions and if someone were to play Bono in a movie I thought maybe Robin Williams he can be serious you know, or Sean Penn.

There is a picture of Bono in a Rollercoaster in California and I tought I could pass for Robin Williams.:ohmy:

they might look a lliiiiiiiitle bit alike, but still, Bono's way prettier and more handsome and more charming than Robin Williams!
Sir Luxalot, I posted those pics here, but I havent got a clue who made them either :wink:

Pop Bono in the muscle shirt and Williams as Popeye, that's the only resemblance I've ever seen.

elevation2u said:
sometimes he looks liek sean penn too
:drool:

:yes:

I definitely see the resemblence to Williams, and several people who don't really know much about either have also pointed this out to me. I don't care either way for Williams. I've never understood why their resemblence actually offends people. :rolleyes:

As for the Oscars and Bono lookalikes, anyone else seen Tom Hanks with his new Bono haircut? :lol:

LivLuvAndBootlegMusic said:

As for the Oscars and Bono lookalikes, anyone else seen Tom Hanks with his new Bono haircut? :lol:
''

:giggle: This was commented on last night at my Oscar party by three different people!

I still think Robin W. and Bono should do a brother movie. It could be a whole thing like the "Killing Bono" book: successeful, cuter younger brother (er, that would be B.!), bitter older brother...:blahblah:

:wink:

MsPurrl said:
I've also seen pictures in which I think he looks like Bruce Springsteen. And Robert DeNiro. :reject:

Me too!!!! :ohmy:

Common I definitely see the resemblence to Robin William!! :giggle: But Robin isn't hot like Bono... No no, absolutely not :drool:

Back
Top Bottom