The origins of our favourite pics

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

stefananny

The Fly
Crzy's 'Sexiest Bono Pics Revisited' thread got me wondering about something. Like the rest of you girls, I have a huge collection of U2 pics scattered all over my hard drive (I'll organize them all someday - really!).
icon27.gif

But anyway, lots of the pics I know came from posters, magazines, calendars, etc., but some of them I have no idea, so I only have the digital file of them. Why does this bother me? Well there's a lot of pics I'd love to turn into desktop wallpaper, but they're way to small to begin with. And some of them (okay, most of them
biggrin.gif
), I'd love to be able to print out nice and big, but of course the resolution isn't high enough to blow them up.
So I was thinking we could post a few of our absolute favourite pics and share where they came from or where we can find a large or high resolution file of them (but don't actually post a high res image here or we'll be waiting for days for the thread to load
smile.gif
).

To start off, this is one of my absolute faves of Bono, and I think it was printed as a poster - but I don't have it!
frown.gif
Anyone know where I might track the poster down?

5175.jpg

Well, if the pic is a decent size on your screen to start with, then you can usually resize it larger in Photoshop without it looking too bad. However, screen resolution is usually 72dpi, and to make a picture look good in a printout (so it's not all pixelly looking) anywhere from 150-300dpi works best. Also, if you start with a .jpg image, especially a lower quality one (which is what's usually used on the web so they'll load faster) you may notice icky blocky areas as you start to blow up the image. Images that you're still working with or that are going to printout are best in .tif or .bmp format because they're not compressed so you won't lose any image info. *whew*!

In a nutshell, yes, sometimes you can blow them up with Photoshop and they'll still look pretty good on your screen. But to print them out and have them look good, you need a higher resolution image, which are hard to find on the web.

I'v got your picture on a big fokin poster, stefananny. But it wold be really really hard to scan. But its also in a small book, which I can do it for ya! Stay tuned :)

------------------
"I'm the BIGGEST U2 fan in the WORLD!" - LeMon
"I know..." - Bono

Anyway, I'm just finishing my new site, which will feature my ownvery high quality scans. Some of the you might saw here, GQ and Time Out pictures for example.

------------------
"I know..." - Bono

Ok, here you are! Just 4 ya! Actually the bict in that book wasn't so big either, and not so softy. Thats what I can do whit that! I hope you'll like it! Ayyeee

bono.jpg

------------------
"I know..." - Bono

You guys are great!
smile.gif

I still hope I can find it as a poster, cause if I do I'm gonna get it plaked! I didn't even think of eBay, so I went and looked just now, but there isn't one up at the moment. I'll keep trying.

Nobody else is wondering about a picture? Okay then, here I go again.
smile.gif
I have no idea where this one came from. If I could find a printed copy I'd scan it as big as I possibly could
biggrin.gif
:
5173.jpg

[This message has been edited by stefananny (edited 11-11-2001).]

Originally posted by stefananny:
To start off, this is one of my absolute faves of Bono, and I think it was printed as a poster - but I don't have it!
frown.gif

5175.jpg

I have this poster but it's all wrinkled up lol

I bought it at Tower Records in London
smile.gif

------------------
Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one.
-Albert Einstein

www.geocities.com/u2_celebrate/u2_celebration.html

[This message has been edited by ABEL (edited 11-11-2001).]

Originally posted by stefananny:
frown.gif

5175.jpg

This poster is all over Ebay if you want to get one for yourself!!
biggrin.gif
Just search Bono poster! sexy sexy man....

------------------
The doors you open
I just can't close...

If you dream,
Dream out loud

Back
Top Bottom