"The Only U2 Interview You'll Ever Have To Read"

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I LOVE the '80 review, especially the 'odd bassist' line - poor Adam! Hee.

And the cover photo is DEVINE.

Other than that, though, I am sad and disappointed that once again we have the same old story of 'Bono and co.' where the other three, who contribute just as much in terms of the actual band, are completely ignored. In particular since Edge is so incredible this tour you'd think someone might have noticed he's worth more than a mention in passing, as are Larry and Adam.

Still, Larry's paragraph made me laugh more than the whole rest of the article, so that was fine!

"We tell him to fuck off, go and meet George Bush. And he does!"

Ah, that made me laugh a LOT. Larry, what a legend.

This is the only one I've done so far - my scanner wasn't in a good mood today, apparently. But it's the cover and it's GORGEOUS. I love this pic a lot.

u2observer1.jpg

It was a pretty good interview...on Bono. Now, I love Bono, but I definitely don't bill a interview which devotes roughly a paragraph to each of the other members as "the only interview I'll ever have to read about U2".

The Sunday Times interview with all of them in the south of France last year was way more suited to that title. :shrug:

To be honest, when you have the HUGE Rolling Stone interview, this one doesn't even merit 'the only Bono interview you'll need'. Lol.

evieangelique said:
It was a pretty good interview...on Bono. Now, I love Bono, but I definitely don't bill a interview which devotes roughly a paragraph to each of the other members as "the only interview I'll ever have to read about U2".

The Sunday Times interview with all of them in the south of France last year was way more suited to that title. :shrug:

wowee! Can you scan it this south of France article? I'm dying for some good Adam scope!

i didnt manage to get enough copies to give out to you guys aswell as my girls from PGP, sorry :( it was so hard to find copies of though, wasnt stocked in many places, glad someone scanned for you though, i dont have a scanner sorry :reject:

It was an OK article. But it's not the only one you'd ever have to read. For a start; it's all about Bono! Don't get me wrong, I love the man. Heck, he's the sexiest man alive. But it said it was a U2 interview. We all know Bono is the most famous out of the band, not only because he's the front man, but because of all his work for Africa. But when you have the opportunity to talk to the other band members, at least do it! I love all four of them in their own ways. I want to become a music journalist when I'm older, and if I ever have the pleasure of interviewing U2, I assure you, there will be a lot more questions for the other band members.

I know this is quite a while after the article was released, but my dad kept it for me, and I wasn't seeing him until a week after it came out. I only just read it today.

Back
Top Bottom