The Next Album

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Foadie

War Child
So..I'm sure we've all be wondering about the new album! Do you think they've taken enough of a break? Becuase they are already back in the studio...

U2 back at it

U2 are in the studio working on songs for their next release, which according to a statement from band manager Paul McGuinness, may see release by the end of the year .

00293608.JPG

I found these gems at Rollingstone.com...could it be true?

O_O

I though the new single and the new Best Of were supposed to be out at the end of the year.

------------------
~*Mona*~
ani_bono.gif

LOVE me, give me SOUL

"I just found out there's no such thing as the real world ~ Just a lie you've got to rise above" ~John Mayer

"Rock n Roll never tasted so good" ~Bono
Get on the Boos
"I don't want to say I was overexcited that day, but I spelled "Bono" with six "N"s and thirteen "O"s ~Echo

[This message has been edited by WildHonee (edited 03-27-2002).]

they have definitely been recording SOMETHING in dublin.... i have heard a firsthand account from someone who met them a week or two ago.
biggrin.gif

however, no one really knows what this new material is.... they're supposedly releasing the "best of 1990-2000" in the fall, and that will probably have a reworked b-side as a 'new' single (a la "the sweetest thing" for the best of 1980-1990). so they could just be working on remastering an old b-side for the "best of". OR they could be working on the "gangs of new york" movie soundtrack. OR they could be working on the new album. no one really knows for sure.... personally, i'm *really* hoping for a NEW album next spring, followed by a summer stadium tour. that would be so amazing!!! *fingers crossed*

tongue.gif

As much as I want a new album now.. (and that's a WHOLE LOT) I'm afraid if it's released anytime soon it might be Media Overload and turn back on them. They're everywhere right now (not that I mind)... wait until at least next spring. And tour in the summer so I don't miss class
biggrin.gif

------------------
~ALOTWU!~
"It never ceases to amaze me. Here, we have a man who claims professes to enjoy flower arranging, has no qualms over donning a skirt at any given time and, now we learn, prefers to use the ladies' restroom. And yet somehow he manages to embody all that is masculine and sexy. I don't know how he does it. " ~Hallelujah Here She Comes, about Adam

Originally posted by Kristie:
As much as I want a new album now.. (and that's a WHOLE LOT) I'm afraid if it's released anytime soon it might be Media Overload and turn back on them. They're everywhere right now (not that I mind)... wait until at least next spring. And tour in the summer so I don't miss class
biggrin.gif

Exactly. I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

I know it's a pretty useless post, but I've got "compulsive postitus" and only about 120 till I hit 1000.

------------------

daisy.gif

*wink*

Daisy

I'm wide awake.....I'm not sleeping

I think they'll release the best of this fall and then the new album next summer. Then the new tour will start next fall. Just speculating though. Workin on the best of album takes less time and gives the band time for rest/family and Bono time to wander off and do is DATA work.
Hopefully the next tour will also have GA. I think they have to continue with that since it was so successful last time....and oh to be closer to Bono......Mmm, mm mmmm .....yummage!

Originally posted by CdnBliss:
Oh and...what kind of sound do yo think they'll come up with? I'm hoping for some of that kick ass punk rock Bono was talking about a few months ago.

Me too. I really hope that's what the album ends up as!

------------------
Laura
~~~
Something to do with politics, kids, freshness, and breakthrough.
And love.

(Joan Baez)
~~~

...what's a Bono?

YEAH! An energetic, totally rock'n'roll album with a punk feel to it would be the ULTIMATE!!

------------------
"... move on this moment... follow this feeling"
~* PLEBA-girl powers: ELEVATE!!! *~
** Official Minister of Swagger for L.E.A.T.H.E.R. **
I THINK, THEREFORE, U2

PUNK PUNK PUNK PUNK PUNK PUNK PUNK MUSIC!
That would be too cool!
I *loveth* ATYCLB, but man, I miss the kickass rock and roll...

------------------
~ALOTWU!~
"It never ceases to amaze me. Here, we have a man who claims professes to enjoy flower arranging, has no qualms over donning a skirt at any given time and, now we learn, prefers to use the ladies' restroom. And yet somehow he manages to embody all that is masculine and sexy. I don't know how he does it. " ~Hallelujah Here She Comes, about Adam

Long live poonk!
biggrin.gif

I completely agree... I loved ATYCLB, and it had its definite kick ass rock 'n' roll songs on it, but let's take it back to the punk baby!

biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

But I'm still happy that there coming out w/ new stuff, no matter what it is... it's harder for me to listen to what they already have knowing that there's more on the way *impatient*

------------------
~*~?~*~ Katie ~*~?~*~
"Leaving just in time, stay there for a while... Rolling in the ocean, trying to catch her eye..."

She is the dreamer, she's imagination

"If you give me half a chance I'll prove this to you
I will be patient, kind, faithful and true
To a man who loves music, a man who loves art
Respects the spirit world and thinks with his heart"

MG: *goes to Dooblin*
*bangs on studio door* HEY ARE YOU GUYS DONE YET?!?
Larry: *snarl* Oh no not you again!
MG: HURRY UP!

------------------
~ALOTWU!~
"It never ceases to amaze me. Here, we have a man who claims professes to enjoy flower arranging, has no qualms over donning a skirt at any given time and, now we learn, prefers to use the ladies' restroom. And yet somehow he manages to embody all that is masculine and sexy. I don't know how he does it. " ~Gina, on Adam
Gina: WOOHOO!

Hey, this is my first album release as a fan! Woohoo!
biggrin.gif

------------------
Laura
~~~
Something to do with politics, kids, freshness, and breakthrough.
And love.

(Joan Baez)
~~~

...what's a Bono?

Back
Top Bottom