The most pathetic U2 thing you've ever done

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bono_212

Blue Crack Distributor
Have no idea what board to put this on, but it's going here for now :)

Over the last week or so everytime I'm given 40 dollars for the cash register, as soon as I say, "out of 40?"
I start humming the song in my head.

Tonight at work Iwas thinking to myself, thank the Lord for interference, I just need to hear from someone else that i'm not the only one who does stuff like this, so post away, what is the insanity that comes from your minds?

Today I hung around in the basement music department of a store because they were playin their new DVD, could just see it though now music but hey it was U2 :drool:. And then there's other small things that only you'd notice that just go to prove that you're truly an insane U2 fan.

-Nikki

I can see Bono's face on our bathroom floor:|
It's just random lines and patterns, and the other day I noticed a face with shades.....:ohmy: BONO?!
Time to get a life, maybe?:wink:

rofl.. well, I kinda am addicted to my pc... the only reason that I watch tv, and read the tv guide, is to see if bono/u2 is on it... I watch mtv, wich has the VH1 All Access christmas marathon for a few days, just to see if they have something u2ish.. haven't seen it yet, but I SAW BONO on a photo when they were discussing Bob Geldofs kids name(most whacky celeb kids name episode or so) err I know I've sen the u2 one before, but it was so funny, I want tio see it again!it's the one from mexico, rehearsal time, and Bono impersonating colin farell impersonating Bono... I loved that! (and it makes me feel happy to see the rest of the world recognizes them too!)

Everythng... I hear it played in a store I grab whoever is with me and shout at them to listen...

whenever there is just a picture of one of them on tv I make everyone look.

and lately I don't like to miss Edge's music rising commercial!

I'm positive their is more. :wink:

When I enter a DVD/CD store and they're showing a DVD, I have to watch at least two songs before moving from in front of the TV.
And when I'm shopping and a U2 song goes on the radio, I stay in the shop humming it until it's over, even if I don't have anything to see in here.

I'm addicted, can't help it.:(

Everytime I go to a CD-shop I shout and point at the U2-DVDs and CDs.... :blush: My friends are all like: "Don't you have that one?" :eyebrow:
And then I shout YEEEESS!!! :D AND I LOVE IT!!!! :hyper:
They just look at me like this :tsk: :coocoo:

Edgy Thing said:
Everytime I go to a CD-shop I shout and point at the U2-DVDs and CDs.... :blush: My friends are all like: "Don't you have that one?" :eyebrow:
And then I shout YEEEESS!!! :D AND I LOVE IT!!!! :hyper:
They just look at me like this :tsk: :coocoo:

:laugh: That's great!

whenever I hear someone saying something negative about the boys or thier music I instantly flush red hot and want blood:mad: :angry:

Hm. A lot of pathetic things, the most recent being surviving Christmas with the parental units and in-laws by trying to match any word of conversation to a U2 song. I'd be thinking "Fish, I need a song with fish in it. Ah, yes, a woman needs a man like a fish needs a bicycle...." Pathetic yes, but it had the unexpected benefit of making me look like a REALLY good listener. I do wish I'd thought to look at people's bathroom floors though. :wink: But there's always next year!

I bought the movie Blown Away in college because it has Tommy Lee Jones singing to U2 while he's making a bomb.

lol I try to associate whatever I'm doing of seeing with U2... and the worst thing is, I succeed in it every time!!!!!!!

Hmm....let me see. There are everyday occurances for me.

For example, roaming around Barnes and Noble I saw this book and stopped dead in my tracks.
8192862.jpg

I tried to explain it to my sister with not much luck.

Oh, the first time I donated blood, there was a cd being played in the room and I heard like 3 U2 songs. I just sat there and tried not to smile so much.

And another time, just recently. I asked my g'pa if he had a subscription to TIME. He didn't, but my uncle overheard and asked why. He let me have his copy after my aunt was done reading it, and she knew exactly why I wanted it-the Bono article. LOL

I got U2 paintings for Christmas... I constantly spend my money on U2 stuff. Can't help it, I'm addicted. There's a lot of stuff, since I'm really pathetic. :lol:

Lemon3 said:
Hmm....let me see. There are everyday occurances for me.

For example, roaming around Barnes and Noble I saw this book and stopped dead in my tracks.
8192862.jpg

I tried to explain it to my sister with not much luck.

Oh, the first time I donated blood, there was a cd being played in the room and I heard like 3 U2 songs. I just sat there and tried not to smile so much.

And another time, just recently. I asked my g'pa if he had a subscription to TIME. He didn't, but my uncle overheard and asked why. He let me have his copy after my aunt was done reading it, and she knew exactly why I wanted it-the Bono article. LOL

I saw that book at the store, and I shouted, "WOAH!" really loudly, haha.

Lemon3 said:

I just saw that and shouted "WHOA" right here at my puter:shifty::reject:

I instantly thought of Mac...and I actually thought the word "Wrong" said "Bono" when I looked quickly:reject:

u2radioheadgrrl said:
I don't count this as pathetic, but I check PLEBA everyday for Adam photos. :drool:

I do not think it is pathetic at all because that is all I do also:shh:

I also listen to at least one U2 song a day .Look at pics of Bono and Adam everyday. I also watch my U2 DVD's every weekend when I am lounging around the house. I also try to convert non U2 fans on a daily basis.

I do think I was kinda pathetic going to 3 out of the four concerts alone:reject:

Well, *I*, personally, don't think it's pathetic, but . . . here I am, approaching 60 with a great more speed that I like to admit, and this is the wallpaper on my computer in my office at "a major midwest university":

BonoAdamBoston.jpg

I wanted to use this, but chickened out:

Bonobwdress.jpg

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :drool::drool:

Last edited:
Carmelu2fan said:

I do not think it is pathetic at all because that is all I do also:shh:

I also listen to at least one U2 song a day .Look at pics of Bono and Adam everyday. I also watch my U2 DVD's every weekend when I am lounging around the house. I also try to convert non U2 fans on a daily basis.

I do think I was kinda pathetic going to 3 out of the four concerts alone:reject:
at least you've been at concerts! I havent... but I listen to them each day for a few hours(when I'm on the pc) and I check the dvds at least once a week too... I mostly can't decide wich one, so I watch slane :lol: since that one's always in my dvd player

There's a boy in my class who always say "U2 sucks!" when he get's the chance. It ould be anywhere!
Then I turn into this atomic bomb ( :angel: ) full with arguments on why they don't and we just keep going, untill he looks like this
:| xD That's so fun!

Dismantled said:
I bought the movie Blown Away in college because it has Tommy Lee Jones singing to U2 while he's making a bomb.

Ok that is weird! :giggle:

I do a lot of crazy things too when it comes to U2. Whenever I hear one of their songs come on or see them on tv than I scream and holler,hehe. Won't allow anyone to talk so I can concentrate on U2,lol.

Also practically embarrassed my bf too when we were flying back to the East Coast together in September,lol. We were leaving Chicago and I happened to see the Vertigo plane as our plane was going down the runway. I kept hollering "Sweetie look it's U2's tour plane!". He's a big U2 fan also but he looked at me really weird,hehe. Well come to think of it a lot of other people around us look at me really weird too,lol. But come on it was like once in a lifetime experience to see U2's plane at the airport that you are flying out of! lol. Plus I was still on a high from our concert a couple of days before,hehe.

Every paper that I have written for school since has been written about U2 or Bono. I have written about Cherynobl, Sunday Bloody Sunday, Lob-b-ing (about Bono's lobbying efforts), etc. The list goes on and on. I can't get enough of the boys, especially Bono. However, after the concert in Charlotte when Adam winked at me, I danced for him, and he waved at me, I am definitely all about Adam too.

I also stay in a store if they are playing U2. And I am always doing a word association game with objects. My friends pick on me because I am so in love with U2. In one of my classes, we were assigned the task of giving the perfect gift to our friends. My buddies told the class that they would give me a date with Bono, in addition to tickets to a concert, where I could be in the ellipse. I was soo happy. When we were assigned to draw the perfect house, I drew Bono's house because I saw it while I was in Ireland. I also read U2 books in class.

Also, when my classmates were all talking about their accomplishments of the semester, i.e. getting married and having babies, I showed them the video of Bono kissing my hand and telling me I'm gorgeous! They all laughed at me. I didn't care!:adam: :adam: :adam:

I forgot this: I bought 6 copies of "Entropy" at a yard sale this Fall. That's pretty lame!:rolleyes:

MsPurrl said:
Well, *I*, personally, don't think it's pathetic, but . . . here I am, approaching 60 with a great more speed that I like to admit, and this is the wallpaper on my computer in my office at "a major midwest university":

That second pic I totally just made into my desktop. And living in Indiana, and going to college here, it makes me totally want to know what "major midwest university" you're talking about. :wink:

Back
Top Bottom