The most pathetic U2 thing you've ever done

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
how about Lemons? Everytime we're in the produce section of the grocery store we look at the lemons and sigh. :)

She wore L-E-M-O-N!

This is such a cute thread. ;)

Hi everybody! Forum newbie here! Thought I'd chip in with my own embarassing moments :wave:

-one of my best friends knows that the best way to bait me is to start a sentence with "You know who I don't like...Bono..." :grumpy: She also mocked me mercilessly when I bought a pair of blue sunglasses simply because they looked Bono's Bulgaris...

-my family got to spend a fair amount of time making fun of me for my obsession with the OOTS iPod commercial. One time it was playing downstairs on the television when I was upstairs and in my rush to watch it I fell down two flights of stairs :whistle: I had trouble explaing those bumps and bruises! My mom also spent almost fifteen minutes trying to wake me up from a nap on our couch only to have me wake up instantly at Bono's crooning on the TV :angel:

-like some of you, I got to see U2's Live 8 performance on one of Best Buy's big screens. I was just standing there, drooling over our guys, when one of their salesmen came over and asked me if I was interested in buying a new plasma. I looked at him for a moment and blurted out "No, but I am interested in U2. Do you know where I could buy them?" The poor guy just stood there scratching his head before responding awkwardly "um...Ireland?" An incredibly embarassing moment for both of us :reject: :wink:

I'm sure there's more, but that's all I've got for now! :) I love this thread!

Welcome, wanderlusting48! :wave: You'll like it here.

MrPurrl always baits me by calling Bono "Bone-o"--I always correct him. (He's just joking--he likes U2 and got to see his first show in Chicago this past September.)

MsPurrl said:
Welcome, wanderlusting48! :wave: You'll like it here.

MrPurrl always baits me by calling Bono "Bone-o"--I always correct him. (He's just joking--he likes U2 and got to see his first show in Chicago this past September.)

Thanks MsPurrl! I can already tell you're a brilliant bunch of girls'n'guys:yes: :applaud:

My one friend actually thought Bono's name was Bone-os...like Spaghettio's:tsk: :wink:

MsPurrl said:

Are we married to the same husband?! Mine does the exact same thing. And he also just means it affectionately but loves to tease. And he saw his 1st show in Portland and really enjoyed it. It was also MY 1st show, and THAT'S pathetic. :( Why did I wait so long.? It was amazing.

This thread is awesome! Here are a few of my things. Not all are pathetic, but whatever.

- I'm a huge hockey fan, and when the Canucks come onto the ice at the beginning of every home game, they play Streets. If I'm watching w/ friends or at home, I make everyone shut up, and turn the TV volume up really loud. If I'm at the game, then I sing along at the top of my lungs, even though they never get to the part where the lyrics start.

- Every time someone says "You too" I laugh. If my best friend is talking to me, and either one of us says that, we'll always laugh and say "Ahh, you said U2!" She's a huge fan as well, and understands my crazy ways.

- Whenever I hear a song on the radio or in the mall or wherever, I always stop whatever I'm doing to sing along. Yes, I will usually sing out loud. :reject:

- I have several video tapes that are dedicated exclusively to U2. Every time they're on TV, I tape it. I've got some pretty interesting stuff!

- Probably the most pathetic thing I do would be when I'm shutting down my home computer at night, I always kiss goodbye to the screen, as my background is always a picture of the band, or one of the boys. Right now it's a pic of Larry.

I'm sure there are other things, but these are the only ones I could think of at this hour. :D

I have the following photo of Bono's beautiful face as my wallpaper for my computer...

boneye.jpg

...and I usually say "Hello!" and "Good night!" whenever I put my computer on/off. And sometimes even kiss the screen!! Well, who could resist kissing such a lovely face?!?:kiss:

wanderlusting48 said:
-like some of you, I got to see U2's Live 8 performance on one of Best Buy's big screens. I was just standing there, drooling over our guys, when one of their salesmen came over and asked me if I was interested in buying a new plasma. I looked at him for a moment and blurted out "No, but I am interested in U2. Do you know where I could buy them?" The poor guy just stood there scratching his head before responding awkwardly "um...Ireland?" An incredibly embarassing moment for both of us :reject: :wink:

:lmao: :up: Poor Best Buy workers...

wanderlusting48 said:

welcome her e^^
I love the answer of the best buy dude! :lol: at least he knows they're irish... I know enough idiots who ask U2? what?
I've never seen U2 performances in stores, but if I do, I'd probably stand there and take a look.. :D if any salesman asks me if I am interested, I'm SO gonna answer what you did! :D terror to the salesmen!

hcbiggs2002 said:
I have the following photo of Bono's beautiful face as my wallpaper for my computer...

boneye.jpg

...and I usually say "Hello!" and "Good night!" whenever I put my computer on/off. And sometimes even kiss the screen!! Well, who could resist kissing such a lovely face?!?:kiss:

We were in the Apple store to get my daughter a new computer for school, so while hubby & girls looked at computers, I was switching all the video ipods on display to the Original of the Species video & watching them. :)

Oh and hcbiggs2002, I think you are very normal, not pathetic, that IS a beautiful photo of a lovely face!

Smilla said:

thats brilliant! I wish i could see it!:wink:

If I could find the disk I put it on, I would send it to you, but I'm afraid it might not have the same impact without my "narration."

However, my presentation on the mullet went over very well in my class. Even the instructor was cracking up. A few years later, I ran into a classmate who had been in this class. She introduced me to her daughters by telling them I was the woman who did the PPT presentation on the mullet. They were very impressed.:wink:

wanderlusting48 said:
!

It's the same with me....but I try to deguise the fact that I'm looking at the screens just for U2 :wink:

But with me....it's quite the oppsite! Most people treat my love of U2 fairly well and while I was out bowling one time with some of my former coworkers....they decided to use my love of U2 as part of my name....first it was "Liz Loves Bono" then it was "Bono Nekked"....and one of my former female supervisor (Same ones who put up the second name placement) gave me a whole "Picture Bono naked or with his boxers on" defense so I score a whole bunch of pins.

And for the :cute: factor....one my former HS teachers gave me an old copy of Rolling Stone cause she knew of my fasicnation with the band.

I know it's not :crazy: on my part....most of my :crazy: moments are all the normals....the listen to U2 while I'm grocery shopping....that sort of thing.

(OH....I try to not bug people about it too much....so that's why the people who know me treat my love of the band very well :D )

Galeongirl said:

it is a beautiful pic... but he looks so sad :sad: and that makes me sad too! I don't want him to be sad!

I don't think he looks sad but thoughtful. We in Finland have a saying that everyone has a 'perusnaama' which basically means a base facial expression that we have when we're not laughing, crying, being angry, etc. but the face that looks back at you from the mirror. And the photo of Bono I posted is, in my opinion, Bono's 'perusnaama'.:|

hcbiggs2002 said:

I don't think he looks sad but thoughtful. We in Finland have a saying that everyone has a 'perusnaama' which basically means a base facial expression that we have when we're not laughing, crying, being angry, etc. but the face that looks back at you from the mirror. And the photo of Bono I posted is, in my opinion, Bono's 'perusnaama'.:|

Yes! That is it! Beautiful! :)

I forgot to add something me and my friend did up in NYC. We were eating dinner/lunch at a fancy resturant and started singing Lemon when a lemon came in her water. Plus most of the conversation between us and my brother and her mom was about U2. :D

Everytime I go browsing around stores I always end up looking for something U2 related.

For example:
Trying on sunglasses that look like Bono's and Adam's now that they're making more white rimmed glasses. :D

Or I always look for the fragrance that Bono wears. LOL!

Lemon3 said:
Everytime I go browsing around stores I always end up looking for something U2 related.

For example:
Trying on sunglasses that look like Bono's and Adam's now that they're making more white rimmed glasses. :D

Or I always look for the fragrance that Bono wears. LOL!
err when I was in italy with school I dragged two of my friends into a perfume store to spray some BLV on a paper.. I still have it in the left pocket of my coat, and it still smells sooo good :drool:

Quote:
Originally posted by hcbiggs2002

I don't think he looks sad but thoughtful. We in Finland have a saying that everyone has a 'perusnaama' which basically means a base facial expression that we have when we're not laughing, crying, being angry, etc. but the face that looks back at you from the mirror. And the photo of Bono I posted is, in my opinion, Bono's 'perusnaama'.

well I think Bono's pensive looks are different... it's more the light reflecting in his eyes, and... I don't know, I don't think I can explain it with words, but to me he looks incredibly sad... and it makes me feel, wrong.... confused... I don't know.... :confused:

bonocomet said:

Are we married to the same husband?! Mine does the exact same thing. And he also just means it affectionately but loves to tease. And he saw his 1st show in Portland and really enjoyed it. It was also MY 1st show, and THAT'S pathetic. :( Why did I wait so long.? It was amazing.

The husband descriptions do sound remarkably similar. :lol: I only saw my first show in 2001, so I'm not far removed from "newbie" (two this tour). I'm so glad they did the Vertigo tour so my sister swandiver and I could get other family members to go to shows. She hasn't gotten her husband to go yet. Let's hope for an extended Vertigo tour or at least another one in a few years.

Speaking of pathetic, there is a football game on TV right now from Tampa, Florida. When it came back from a commercial just now, there was a shot of the sunset over Tampa Bay/Gulf of Mexico, and the music playing was "Beautiful Day." It didn't take me long to get to the vicinity of the television. :wink:

2 moments spring to mind

First was last year's election here in the UK, the deputy prime minister was visiting our town, and I was going mad as his bus pulled up as they were blasting 'Beautiful Day' it was brilliant!

Second was actually at the U2 concert I went to in Barcelona, I totally lost it when they came on stage which was bad enough but when Bono introduced Adam I screamed so loudly people in front of me were turning round.........not bad in a crowd of 80,000 people. I now realise why they played Vertigo at the beginning and the end, I can't remember the first play I was totally freaking out.

My husband was chuffed.................................

ps I am 40 year old mother of 2

I just met a girl in the area who is in HS near me and I am very interested in, she tore her ACL and her dad was driving us to a basketball game and WOWY came on the radio and i started singing really loudly from the backseat as she was on the phone and her dad was on his cell for business. It was pretty dumb of me to do that, especially to keep singing Bono's last chorus in that song with the "whaaaoooo"s really loudly.

a few things.......

waiting at Burke Lakefront Airport in Cleveland, on 12/10...at 12:30 am in 15 degree FREEZING weather to watch Vertigo Air land.

and just bid on a pair of D&G sunglasses on e-bay..........

When you sign up on line for the One Campaign you get emails from them once in a while that usually say they are from the One Campaign in the "From" subject area. But sometimes they send it and it actually just says it is from "Bono". So of course, I'm like OMG I got an email from Bono!!!!! Haha!

And I'd sit in freezing weather to watch Vertigo land too. That would be really cool.

bonocomet said:
When you sign up on line for the One Campaign you get emails from them once in a while that usually say they are from the One Campaign in the "From" subject area. But sometimes they send it and it actually just says it is from "Bono". So of course, I'm like OMG I got an email from Bono!!!!! Haha!

I actually delete every new message so I can see my email from Bono each time I open hotmail...
I think btw he wrote that, or partly, himself... it sounds quite like him... not sounds but... the way of writing... :D and still, I can tell my friends I've got an email from Bono with subject thank you, and they don't believe it, and I give them a quick flash at my email... and they go like :shocked: and I'm like :lmao:

I was watching the vertigo dvd downstairs, because I was home alone.. and my sis came in with a friend and they ate dinner early... and she was scat singing with vertigo, elevation,, beautiful day.. and she started scat signing Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own! I got :madwife: and asked her to respect the damn song and shut up!
ofcourse she laughed and being a jerk said: It's just a song....

Whenever I hear someone say ANYTHING bad about U2 I immediately grab them and smash their head aganst the nearest wall. Once they're on the ground I jump on their neck then crap in their mouth.

It was pretty funny last weekend with my little cousin when she said "I don't like this song" lolz

Well, this isn't actually something I have done but something that reminded me of the boys which made me go :ohmy: at myself, :lol:

I was talking to my Dad and suddenly he laughed, a little bit, can't remember why, but he made this smile that really reminded me to Larry's :evil:-like smile, if you know what I mean :wink:

I went :huh: at myslef becaue I see my Dad EVERYDAY and I've never seen Larry personally IN MY LIFE least of all him laughing :lol:, so how in the world can my Dad remind me of Larry?? I mean they are not similar or whatever (luckily... :D ), but it was just that moment... wow. :eyebrow:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom