The Most Amazing Week....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bonovation

The Fly
I've just got back from possibly the best trip of my life....a week travelling round watching U2 rock the US.

I ended up seeing four shows in all, MSG 27th thanks to a scalper. (I paid $200 for a sec 329 ticket but having seen the show I don't feel like I'm the one that got ripped off
wink.gif
, I would have paid 10 times more to have been there. That show alone made the whole trip worthwhile), NJ 28th (thanks to the Arena Security for making a 12 hour wait in the freezing cold a complete waste of time
frown.gif
) and the two Providence shows.

The reviews that have been posted for these shows prob sum up how superb they were far better than I ever could so I won't go into all that but highlights were obviously MSG 3 (as a non-American I found myself chanting USA with possibly almost as much passion as the rest of the crowd). I think someone else said in their review that it really is difficult to describe the emotion of that show, you had to be there.

The other highlight was of course Prov 2 and larry's birthday celebration. I managed to get on the on the rail at the very front of the heart (the closest I've got) and it was fantastic being able to see them that close (I got a handshake from Edge at the end). Bono seemed to smile all the way thro and that man's smile could melt the ice caps in the Antartic as far as I'm concerned.

The other thing that made this trip so good is the amount of great ppl I met up with. I even found myself hanging around the GA line when I didn't have a GA ticket just so I could chat with ppl. A special hello and thnx to Jenny for being my tour guide round New York
biggrin.gif
(highlight of the day's tour has to have been when we stopped for some food in a deli and found we were sharing a table with Paul McGuiness!!!!!!!) and thnx to Phil, Karen, Greg & Mike for sharing their food and the lady whose name I didn't get but who gave me a couple of cans of drink at NJ.

I met and chatted with loads of ppl whose name I didn't get but it re-confirmed the fact that U2 fans are possibly the nicest bunch of ppl to be with.

I was a bit apprehensive before going but I based on my experience I would strongly recommend that if you have the opportunity to do a U2 Road trip in the future, go for it. If they do come back to Europe next year, guess what I'll be doing...
biggrin.gif

------------------
Being one can be great but respecting differences can be greater. - Bono in Belfast, August 26, 1997

hey tanya!! i'm so glad that you made it over to the states for the shows, and i'm glad you enjoyed yourself! yes, NJ security were *ssholes- i'm sorry if you got screwed over.
frown.gif
but NY 3 and Providence 2 were amazing- i'm so glad you got to see them. hey, i hope to see you in europe next summer- i've already travelled to the UK to see them, so if i get the chance again i'll definitely be there!!

again, i'm glad you enjoyed your trip!!! and thanks for watching our stuff in Providence (i'm friends w/ gabriella)!!
smile.gif
smile.gif

YAY!!

You made it!! I'm so happy for you. Been wondering where you've been since I haven't seen you around for a while. I know what you are talking about when talking about a U2 road trip, it's amazing!!!

Welcome back!!

------------------
"U2 on it?s own is a very interesting group and all. But U2 with it?s audience is a culture" - Bono

"Hur er leget? Was it right? Hur ?r l?get?" ~ Bono tries to speak swedish in Stockholm. Hur ?r l?get? means How are you doing? by the way.

Hey! I think I was right behind you - if it was you, you're the unfortunate soul that I kept accidentally hitting in the ass with my camera...
biggrin.gif
That thing takes up some room...(the camera I mean!!)lol Glad you had fun!
smile.gif
Pics will be up soon...

------------------
How do you keep a moron busy for an hour? Two words...

Extreme Paddleball

[This message has been edited by She ls Raging (edited 11-02-2001).]

Back
Top Bottom