the little stranger pt 11

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

annj

War Child
Whilst Bono and the band were busy with their tour, Karen was kept busy back in his Dublin home. taking care of Katie, and keeping Bono up to date in her progress, between taking pictures with the digital camera and video camera and sending them on to him, thats when he wasnt phoning up on video phone to talk to her. He sent her funny postcards from all the different places they stayed and did gigs and Karen put them up on the wall in Katies nursery.

Thankfully for the rest of the band Bono had got over his Katiemania and stopped telling them about every little thing she done, He had got the hint when he started talking about her the guys would just smile indulgingly then hastily make excuses to be elswhere and disappear, and now he was in the swing of the tour the performing artist side of him overcame the doting father side so things were balancing out.

As it came to the last month of the Tour, The gigs were not so extensive, Bono decided it was the perfect opportunity to Bring Katie
out to America and be able to spend some real time with her.

Karen at first was a bit apprehensive, wondering could she be able to cope ok on the road with the band with Katie who was now crawling and starting to climb and was into everything, But Bono insisted everything would be great.. and the thought of going to America and seeing some of the sights was too much of a temptation for Karen and soon she convinced herself it was a good idea.

So with Liv and Paul's help from the Dublin end she boarded a plane with Katie and headed for the USA with a certain amount of excitment and trepidation, this was going to be as much as an adventure for her as it was for Katie.

There was a limo waiting for them at the airport to take them to the hotel where the band was staying, Katie and Karen were both wide eyed as they stared out the window of the car taking in the new sights and sounds.
When they reached the hotel they were discreetly shown to the rooms the bands were occupying.

When they entered his room, Bono, who had been starting to feel a bit weary from the tour perked up, catching sight of his daughter his eyes lit up "Wow you have got so big already!" he exclaimed He immediatly went over hugged Karen "You are looking good too" he then added, have you got your hair done different?"

"Well Liv dragged me along to the hairdressers with her and had it cut and highlighted" Karen replied and happily dumped Katie in Bono's arms."Well here she is at last alive and well"

Bono started to kiss his daughters cheeks and hug her fussing over her and admiring her, taking in how much she had changed from he had last seen her.. he realised Liv was right.. they certainly did grow up quick

The next few days were like a confusing whirlwind of moving around for Karen as she found herself touring along with the band, thankfully Bono and the others very very helpful and understanding, Katie with her usual routine upside down was a little fretful at first..but getting all the attention of the band and the road crew and the managment, she basked in all the fuss she was getting.
Karen was amazed at how astute the young child was.. that she already knew she had her father wrapped around her little finger and was taking advantage of it.

"Don't go spoiling her too much" she warned him.. but realised she might as well be talking to the wall.

Bono sat next to her on the tour bus, Katie was sleeping on his knee, as he glanced at karen it suddenly hit him.. he knew very little about her.. apart that she was English and a brilliant nanny for his daughter, suddenly he found himself wondering about her.. then asking.
"So what Part of England where you originally from before you ended up working in Ireland?"

"Manchester" she replied.

"Your family must miss you.. you havent had a break from you started working for me" he then said

Karen shifted uneasily "I don't think so"

This aroused Bono's curiousity even more, "Oh.. why is that?... if you don't mind me asking" he hastily added

"I don't really have any family" Karen replied not looking him in the eye, and staring straight ahead in front of her

"Oh" Bono said again "Your parents dead?"

Karen was very tempted to lie to him and say yes, but found she couldnt be dishonest with him.. he had complete trust in her, and she liked and respected him for that.. she didnt want to ruin it.

"I am sorry.. if you don't want to tell me and its hard to talk about.. its ok" Bono then told her seeing she was getting uneasy

"No... its alright.. its no big deal really" Karen told him "The truth was I never knew my father, my mother fell pregnant, she wasnt married.. I think it might have been a drunken one night stand" Karen felt her cheeks redden with a sense of shame.
"Whatever, after she had me, she stayed around for the first few months of my life then took of living me in the care of her mother.. my grandmother.. I have never heard from her since"

"God thats awful" Bono replied

Karen shrugged, she didnt want Bono to feel sorry for her "Like I said its no big deal, I don't let it bother me"

"So what about your grandmother?" Bono asked, now looking at Karen in a new light, realising she was a person with a life and a past and not just his daughter's Nanny.

"Oh she died, from Cancer when I was seventeen.. thats what I meant when I said I had no family"

"Well I think of you as part of my family" Bono told her putting his free arm around her and giving her a quick squeeze and reached over and kissed her on the cheek "a very important part of my family too" there was open sincerity in his blue eyes as he looked at her

Karen blushed and smiled " Thanks, to be truthful I do feel part of your family and I can never thank you enough for making me feel that way, and I adore little Katie almost like she is my own flesh and blood.. its been wonderful and a privilege to be part of your lives"

"It been a privilege having you in our lives as well" Bono replied "I would be lost without you looking after Katie ...and I hope you stay with us for a few years yet"

"I think I would like that very much" Karen replied smiling.

Ok I am in a bit of a crossroads now...should I just let Bono and his nanny be just good friends.. or should romance blossom between them??? I can't make up my mind what to do for the best :ohmy:

Hi there! :wave:
Sorry for not posting a feedback before,but I was very busy with college homework. :(
I've read chapters 5 to 11,and it's great! :yes: I love those cute moments(Bono feeding Katie and holding her in his arms and singing) :cute: :cute: :hug:

Ok I am in a bit of a crossroads now...should I just let Bono and his nanny be just good friends.. or should romance blossom between them??? I can't make up my mind what to do for the best
My vote goes for a romance! :wink: You would have lots of interesting possibilities! :yes: (for example:would he be ready for another relationship?If he was interested in Karen,would it be because he was relating her story to Angie's toubled life?I bet Karen would be wondering if it was right to start something with her boss).
Anyway,whatever you decide will be fine for me,because I really like this story. :)

Supernova said:
My vote goes for a romance! :wink:

Ditto. :).

Originally posted by Supernova
You would have lots of interesting possibilities! :yes: (for example:would he be ready for another relationship?If he was interested in Karen,would it be because he was relating her story to Angie's toubled life?I bet Karen would be wondering if it was right to start something with her boss).

:hmm: :yes:...very true. Yeah, that would make for some very interesting additions to this story. Good ideas. :up:.

Originally posted by Supernova
Anyway,whatever you decide will be fine for me,because I really like this story. :)

Agreed. :D.

Angela

yeah i was thinking along those lines as well
They find out they are attracted to each other but do not admit it because they not sure how to handle it at first or what to do about it.. could have Bono struggling with his emotions thinking he is going through some sort of midlife crisis because he is falling in love with his daughters nanny and Karen in the dilemma of not only falling for her employer and the fact he is a big rockstar who is surrounded by beautful women.. and would have no possible interest in her:laugh:
I will see how it goes as I write:)
Thanks for the input:D

Back
Top Bottom