the larry story pt 10

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

annj

War Child
Hey Lar.. take it easy with those drumsticks, you are going to leave marks on that table.. don't want the hotel charging us for damages" Adam remarked as he strolled into Larry's room.

Larry stopped druming the tattoo on the coffee table in front of him, he had not really been aware that he had been doing it so hard, too lost in thoughts.

"What's up man?" Adam asked "You are still not fretting over Kirsty?"

"No" Larry replied "I have long got over that disaster.. she is the least of my worries"

"So it must be another woman then" Adam surmised

Larry looked up at him "What makes you say that?"

Adam shot him a small smile "After all these years together I know the signs.. you get that look on your face?"

"What look?" Larry demanded, this was the first time he was aware that he had a look

"The look you had on your face when I came in.." Adam replied, "...that lost look"

"You are talking crap" Larry told him in derision, "I don't have any lost look, don't try to start winding me up.. I am not in the mood for it"

"Then there is the drumming" Adam told him "The lost look and the banging the nearest thing with your drumsticks..says it all"

Larry looked at the drumsticks in his hand, and suddenly he threw them down on the table as if they had burnt his hand.
"Rubbish" he insisted

"Oookayyyy... then tell me straight and honest that some female was not on your mind" Adam stared at him challengingly

"Well actually there wasn't... not really" Larry faltered lamely

"Aha!!" Adam exclaimed triumphantly

"Well not in that sense" Larry replied defensively shooting him a glare

"But still a woman" Adam argued back stubbornly and was rewarded with getting smacked in the face with a cushion Larry threw at him from the sofa where he was sitting

"My, you are touchy... thats another sign that-" he broke of there seeing Larry's dark look and decided to say no more in case he lifted something heavier than a cushion to throw at him.
Instead he lifted his hands in a surrendering motion "Sorry.. didn't mean to get you all upset.. just ignore me"

"I am trying to do that already" Larry informed him stiffly. "What do you want anyway?" he then asked

"Was going to ask you to come down for some lunch and a drink"

"Thanks but I am not really hungry I think I will skip the offer" Larry replied

Adam's eyes narrowed as he scrutinsed his friend "I see" he said then shrugged "I am not too hungry myself, so I don't think I will bother either" Still holding the cushion he came around and sat next to Larry "So do you wanna talk about it?"

Larry stared at him blankily "Talk about what?"

"Whatever is bugging you.. I know there is something" Adam persisted

"You're a nosy sod Adam, y'know that" Larry said gruffly Adam could tell he was softening up a bit

"Yeah I am" he admitted so if you want me to clear of you would be just better spilling your guts now.. or I will have Bono in here interrogating you as well" he threatened and was rewarded with Larry turning the air blue with swearing at him. but then he calmed down "I guess I have to tell you.. then will you go away?" he demanded

"If you really want me to" Adam replied

Larry rolled his eyes in exasperation "Well if you must know I am really pissed of at that Greg guy" he informed Adam.

"Aren't we all" Adam retorted "but you shouldn't let him get to you like that he is all mouth.. just ignore him.. I know its hard, but we won't have to put up with him after this week when the tour ends"

"Its not exactly that" Larry replied now frowning at the table in front of him "although listening to him I would like to shove my drumsticks down his throat at times.. but I could tolerate that.. but its what he is doing to his girlfriend.. Sandra"

"Oh.. I see" Adam replied, but didnt really, "Why? What is he doing?" he then demanded with open curiousity.

Larry sighed "Remember last month when he got in trouble and ended up getting arrested and he and Sandra had a big blow out over it... then she got back with him, she told me he had learned his lesson and was really going to try harder to not mess her about no more, I thought to myself great.. hope it works out for her and he has come to his senses.. and I thought he had wised up.. he seemed to be treating her right, and not get into anymore trouble...and she seemed very happy it was finally working out"

"Yeah I noticed that too, they have been very lovey dovey lately" Adam remarked

Larry snorted scornfully "Well on his part it is all a farce.. so I discovered the other night" he finished grimly

"Why what happened?" Adam asked

"I seen the slimy little toad with another woman, he didn't see me though, he was too busy snogging the face of her"

"Ah" Adam frowned "So he is back to his old tricks?"

Larry shrugged "Dunno could be, maybe its a one-of slip up.. or maybe he has learned he has to be more subtle and extra careful this time to make sure Sandra doesn't find out... Larry paused frowning "..so do I keep my mouth shut or tell her?"

"Take my advice and stay well clear.. you will end up the worst in these situations... believe me I know from personal experience"Adam told him.

"Yeah I figured that much" Larry replied "But I feel bad for Sandra...she thinks everything is great.. she is a nice girl doesn't deserve to be treated like that... I would like to punch Gregs lights out" he finished fiercely

Adam couldn't help smiling a little "You like Sandra a lot don't you.?"

"Yeah I guess so.. but its not just that.. I hate seeing anyone getting treated like that" Larry replied defensively

"Yeah it sucks" Adam admitted gloomily "But it won't be your problem soon, this time next week they will be going one way and we another.. so don't let it get to you too much" he advised.

"Yeah your right" Larry nodded in realisation "C'mon lets go for that drink after all" he said getting up

Adam only too happily agreed.

Good job annj....... cant wait for the next chapter......ohhh btw... after I'm done with Adam and Sam.....I may do a Larry story not sure.......see ????? reading all these stories messing up my mind........ :wink: :drool:

Great chapter!! :up:
This story is very interesting.I really like it!! :yes:
I'm sorry,I know my feedback sucks :reject:
I guess it won't be long till Larry realizes his feelings for Sandra. :hyper:

"You're a nosy sod Adam, y'know that" Larry said gruffly Adam could tell he was softening up a bit

"Yeah I am" he admitted so if you want me to clear of you would be just better spilling your guts now.. or I will have Bono in here interrogating you as well"
:lol:
And awww for Adam. I like his "little interrogation" to find out what's bugging Larry. :)

EveClayton said:
Good job annj....... cant wait for the next chapter......ohhh btw... after I'm done with Adam and Sam.....I may do a Larry story not sure.......see ????? reading all these stories messing up my mind........ :wink: :drool:

hehehee I was Bono in the brain till I started reading the fan fic, and saw potential in the other U2 members:wink:

SuperNova.. I do plan to have Sandra and Larry get together.. still plotting on the best way to do it though ....and all yiour comments are welcome:wink: :)

Back
Top Bottom