The Joshua Tree saved me for the 1,753 time

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

daisybean

Rock n' Roll Doggie, FOB
Born under a bad sign with a blue moon in your eye
Okay lately I've been feeling kinda blah.....about many things.... one of which being U2...almost wanna say tired of listening to them. Their new song and video are :drool: but the "magic" was gone. I had even stopped reading alot of the U2-ey threads here, just had no desire (*zing*) to.

Anyway, when I'm on my way to work, I usually listen to the radio and then put on Beautiful Day (it gives me that boost to have a good day at work). But this morning I decided to put in the Joshua Tree. The strangest thing happened.....it was like everything around me was in tune to the music....I could feel WTSHNN in the open fields, as the sun was slowly rising and the dew and fog were burning off. I could see ISHFWILF in the faces of children waiting for the bus. I could almost hear some of the older houses sing Red Hill Mining Town. I could feel the road beneath me breath with those songs. You could have taken a camera and filmed my drive with JT playing in the background and they were perfectly in sync with each other.

My route to work is the same everyday and I never really noticed it before. However, when I listened, actually listened to the music I was able to see beyond the same old road and signs and cars. I could see the gracefulness of the birds, the gentle rustling of the corn fields, the joy of a rising sun. And in turn I actually felt the music for what it really was again. I remembered what initally got me hooked on them.....how even 15 years after it's release the Joshua Tree is still as new today as it was then.

I actually had goosebumps and chills for the entire drive. Everytime the song changed, the scenary changed a little.... it is something that I won't soon forget....how a once routine half hour drive got it's voice.

Awesome post, Daisybean! What a beautiful tribute to my favorite album of all time. I know exactly what you mean. JT is the one CD I never, ever, ever get tired of listening to. I get the same "goosebumps and chills" you mention every time I hear it.

:hug: Daisy :hug:

That was a great post :)

I feel the same way about JT...I never, ever, ever get tired of hearing it and its always goosebump producing for me! I think of excuses to drive just so I can listen to it. When Rick went out of town last week, I got all weird because he asked if he could take it with him...I know I should just buy another one :eek:

But I do know that feeling and when the burnout threatens to happen, JT is what pulls me back...I glad it worked for you too :love:

I've felt like that about U2 sometimes... what I do is that I take a break, listen to other artists for a while... and then when I get the urge to listen to WOWY or So Cruel, or Walk On, I know it's back.

I want to be a U2 fan forever, but I think sometimes it's just too much, being here all the time, talking about them every day. I think it's healthy to get away every once in a while, just so we can notice how much we miss them, and come back with renewed interest. I think it's perfectly normal.

Thanks for sharing this Daisy :hug: Your post was beautiful, and I know exactly what you're talking about, it's like falling in love all over again :happy:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom