The huge and horrible tsunami

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Keocmb

Refugee
I'm looking at articles and photos of the effects of the 8.9 earthquake just outside of India and it's chilling. I don't even know where to go inside my brain to imagine how god awful it must be for those people.

But I just want to make sure none of our PLEBAns or their loved ones were affected. My god. :sigh: I hope not.

There are still 1,500 swedes missing in Thailand.....As of yet there isn't anybody I know that is missing.

My best friend where in Phuket/Kamala exactly 1 year ago....and I am so happy he wasn't there this year...He is home safe......

But the most scary thing is that 1 of my exgirlfriends who were visiting her father in Sri Lanka ( He is from there and moved back when he retired.) is still missing......I'm desperatlely trying to get ahold of her.

:(

Lemonboy said:
There are still 1,500 swedes missing in Thailand.....As of yet there isn't anybody I know that is missing.

My best friend where in Phuket/Kamala exactly 1 year ago....and I am so happy he wasn't there this year...He is home safe......

That's good :).

Originally posted by Lemonboy
But the most scary thing is that 1 of my exgirlfriends who were visiting her father in Sri Lanka ( He is from there and moved back when he retired.) is still missing......I'm desperatlely trying to get ahold of her.

:(

Oh, no...:( :hug:. I hope you manage to get a hold of her, I hope she's okay *Crosses fingers*.

I hope your ex is ok&my thoughts are with everyone affected in this horrendous tragedy :(

I hope she's OK LB. I saw a really sad picture of a Swedish child who'd lost his parents. It was in the local newspaper. I wanted to cry, looking at that. The horror and pain is just too much.

This is the worst natural disaster in who knows how long. It makes the hurricane season seem like nothing. One thing's for sure, this has brought the entire world together. :hug:

:hug: LB. hopefully you'll have goods news in whatever amount of days it takes.....

my prayers have been going out since i first heard about it.
Now I have to pick an agency, put some money in the bank, and send a donation.

Even though it's a natural disater it feels like[ to this NYC'er] a bunch of '9-11's' all happening within a short amount of time. after each other.:sad: :sad: :sad: So i only spend short amounts of time on it{ I'm a somewhat sensitive person}.

prayers to all affected in whatever way. :hug: :hug: :hug:

Lemonboy said:
Still haven't heard anything.....This is drving me crazy....

And the only info everywhere is about Thailand....

I'm sorry! :hug:

Heard in the news that Sweden were the country outside the tsunami-zone that had lost most citizens... 1500 people missing - so many... it's awful! :sigh:

Our MetroExpress had a big photo on the front the other day of a 8-10 year old swedish boy holding a sign saying "Parents & 2 brothers missing" :sad:

It's the worst disaster that's happend here, up north, in many years... a very sad ending to the year...
:sigh: :sad:

Last edited:
U2democrat said:
It makes the hurricane season seem like nothing.

It makes that huge tornado outbreak Nebraska and Iowa experienced earlier this year seem like nothing, too.

Wouldn't it be great if we all had really, really big houses, so we could bring the survivors over to our homes and let them stay there and be able to have good food, shelter, and clothes and stuff? I wish we could do that. I just can't stop feeling horrible for these people :tsk:.

Angela

Merc said:
Heard in the news that Sweden were the country outside the tsunami-zone that had lost most citizens... 1500 people missing - so many... it's awful! :sigh:

Just heard the news... It's 3500 swedish, 1440 norwegian and 397 danish ppl currently missing... :( :sigh:

Back
Top Bottom