the guys' houses

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
thanks for the pics to those who posted. there was a thread in another forum on where each of them have homes, and I thought it'd be fun to see pics of their homes. I'm not a stalker and see nothing wrong with the pictures...a tour bus stops there for God's sake! :shrug:

GracelandHarley said:

You didn't manage to find THAT house... it's
H-U-G-E!!!:ohmy: :wink: :D

:D
you obviously haven't been in Howth, Grace... :wink: there's plenty of big houses there, and they've got a "the neighborhood is watching you" sign on every single road, it's creepy :crazy: :wink:

sraphim said:

:D
you obviously haven't been in Howth, Grace... :wink: there's plenty of big houses there, and they've got a "the neighborhood is watching you" sign on every single road, it's creepy :crazy: :wink:

And still you managed to get away with writing Italian graffiti on a park bench! :wink: :laugh:

yep! :D they wouldn't know what those words mean, anyway... although they might get an idea :wink: the four letter word in Italian sounds very VERY rude :lmao:

VertigoGal said:
thanks for the pics to those who posted. there was a thread in another forum on where each of them have homes, and I thought it'd be fun to see pics of their homes. I'm not a stalker and see nothing wrong with the pictures...a tour bus stops there for God's sake! :shrug:

its cool:hug: I love seeing the houses:drool: they are beautiful!

sraphim, grazie cara, those photos are wonderful,! It is the first time I've seen Adam and Larry's homes. It is true, these are no more intrusive than real estate photos, in fact, didn't we all see photos of Edge's house from the broker's listing when it was released that he had bought the place? And I love looking at beautiful homes, and these qualify, I think.:) And now, I really have a reason for meeting Adam -- to tell him his saplings are planted too close together!

Sicko fans are going to do what they are going to do no matter what anyone else does, unless they have a reckoning and grow up a little and realize that looking from a distance is one thing, and trying to break in is another. I've heard girls who have been near their houses tell stories about pushing all the buttons in any combination they can think of on Bono's entry box, hoping to hit the right combo and open the gate; a couple who followed a woman with a baby carriage out of Bono's gate (the best I could figure at the time was that it was the nanny taking Eve for a stroll); others dropped their camera and lost it for good OVER THE WALL AT ADAM'S. And when you say something to them about what they've done, they look at you like you're the nut.

So for my two cents, I don't see anything wrong with these photos -- a lot easier on the band and their families to have folks look on the Internet at photos taken from a safe distance! And being curious about their homes -- hell, that's human nature. When they had open house when my old place was on the market, they drew five nosy neighbors for every househunter, and I sing like a hinge:wink:

that last post reminds me of a funny story (nothing to do with U2)

Graceland (Elvis' house) has walls kind of like Bono's but much lower, you could clearly look over them and even jump over them if you wanted to. When Lisa Marie Presley was 8-9 years old she would be playing in the yard and there would be people at the fence who would give her their cameras and pay her to go inside and take a picture of her dad. She would either take the money, and run inside, leaving the camera on the grass where the people weren't allowed to go, or she would go inside and take pictures of the carpet. :lol: They had people climbing the trees a lot to try to get into the house :ohmy:

wow, its great that you guys posted these highly detailed pictures of U2's houses, now i can go stalk them or rob them or blow them up!

:|

they're just pictures. come on

discothequeLP said:
wow, its great that you guys posted these highly detailed pictures of U2's houses, now i can go stalk them or rob them or blow them up!

:|

they're just pictures. come on

hehehe...good one
i think its fun when people put on halos in vain

sraphim said:
Bono's (Killiney)
bonoh3.jpg

bonoh4.jpg

Bono's (Eze sur Mèr)
house.jpg

house2.jpg

Edge's
edgeh.jpg

Adam's
hadam.jpg

Larry's
larryh.jpg

larryhome.jpg

:)

I like Adam's house the most. Larry's homes look too McMansion-ish.

like Larrys house. :)

and anyway, bonos house in france was used on the alternative Beautiful Day vid (the one that came with the lim. ed. of the best of cd.) so he cant mind that much.

tootty86 said:
Adams house is beautiful! Are there anymore pics of it around?

I second that, that's the kind of house I always dreamed of having (come to think of it, he's the kind of man I always dreamed of having...why am I alive?:eyebrow:)

Anyway, what I'd also like to see is Adam's house in the South of France, if for no other reason than to see what the "wrong side of Nice" looks like!

I'm trying to decide if it'd be bad form to have any pics of Larry's house on my new site. I'm thinking I probably won't because I'd feel dodgy about it.

chickadee said:
I'm trying to decide if it'd be bad form to have any pics of Larry's house on my new site. I'm thinking I probably won't because I'd feel dodgy about it.

Again, I think it depends on the photo -- I don't think there' s anything intrusive about the ones sraphim posted, or any, as we said, like you would see on a real estate page. But if it's in front of his kitchen window, and you can see Ann adjusting her bra strap while she's peeling potatoes, ditch it!:wink:

sami0201 said:
that last post reminds me of a funny story (nothing to do with U2)

Graceland (Elvis' house) has walls kind of like Bono's but much lower, you could clearly look over them and even jump over them if you wanted to. When Lisa Marie Presley was 8-9 years old she would be playing in the yard and there would be people at the fence who would give her their cameras and pay her to go inside and take a picture of her dad. She would either take the money, and run inside, leaving the camera on the grass where the people weren't allowed to go, or she would go inside and take pictures of the carpet. :lol: They had people climbing the trees a lot to try to get into the house :ohmy:
*beats a dead horse to clear her name*

:up: I was going to mention Elvis's visitors. Bruce Springsteen was one of them...he hopped the gates and if I remember the story correctly, Elvis was really cool about it (since he could have been a psycho killer and not just an overzealous fan) and had a conversation with him. Another time when Elvis found random people swimming in his pool, he told them to be careful and went on with his day.

I'm not saying Bono feels the same way, or even should. There were hords of people there pulling up in taxis and we found the house on our own accord and more or less by accident at that point. U2 fans are not the first fans to be interested in homes, and we will not be the last. That doesn't make it exactly right, but if they were upset about it there would have already been a cease and decist on other web sites and I would respect that.

I also could have hotlinked some pictures of his house from @U2 where the trees aren't quite as tall, but I thought it would be more fun to show my own pictures. :shrug: Call me crazy if you like...but it's nothing you can't find anywhere else without Google or a trip to Dublin.

(I have also posted pictures of my own house in the past; I'll start running a tour if you like. Just ignore my new bedroom set in the living room.)

Last edited:
Back on topic:

Larry's house is cool, I'd never seen it before, and I never thought I would. :)

FEELINNUMB said:
[

So for my two cents, I don't see anything wrong with these photos -- a lot easier on the band and their families to have folks look on the Internet at photos taken from a safe distance! [/B]

By showing photos of that kind is promoting and encouraging people to, in my opinion, overstep the line. It's also rather scary i mean how would you like it if i posted a picture of your house its the same principle especially if you have a family. Maybe the standards should be lifted on this site. Just think someone who sees those photos gets the idea to go to their houses and like FEELINUMB spoke about do crazy things and go too far. Its disturbing and should not be encouraged by posting photos of their houses and kids!
This is just my opinion no one obviously agrees with it however theres nothing wrong with a bit of a debate:wink:

Schmeg said:

*beats a dead horse to clear her name*

:up: I was going to mention Elvis's visitors. Bruce Springsteen was one of them...he hopped the gates and if I remember the story correctly, Elvis was really cool about it (since he could have been a psycho killer and not just an overzealous fan) and had a conversation with him. Another time when Elvis found random people swimming in his pool, he told them to be careful and went on with his day.

:yes:
I've never heard the Bruce story...interesting. Yeah, they had some crazies. One time a woman climbed the trees and ran through the yard saying that she was Priscilla and she was late for dinner :crazy:

^That's kinda funny, in a sick way... :laugh: :shifty:
Leda said:

By showing photos of that kind is promoting and encouraging people to, in my opinion, overstep the line. It's also rather scary i mean how would you like it if i posted a picture of your house its the same principle especially if you have a family. Maybe the standards should be lifted on this site. Just think someone who sees those photos gets the idea to go to their houses and like FEELINUMB spoke about do crazy things and go too far. Its disturbing and should not be encouraged by posting photos of their houses and kids!
This is just my opinion no one obviously agrees with it however theres nothing wrong with a bit of a debate:wink:
Debate is good! This has been a good one, with no one getting overexcited on either side! :up: I'm very sorry, but I don't see how posting a picture encourages people to go there and do something crazy. I would personally be more likely to get a crazy idea from some of these Graceland stories, rather than a photograph.

I do see how some would view the pictures as overstepping the line. I'll still argue that @U2 has quite a few pictures up, and the band and management are well aware of that site, as far as I've read, and the pictures could have been taken down years ago.

I am torn on this topic. I completely understand the curiosity of wondering where and how they live (BTW I think all the $ I have spent on U2 in the past 20 years paid for at least one brick on one of those houses!) On the other hand I am a teacher and don't want any of my students to know where I live! Boy was I shocked to open my door on Halloween and see one of my students! So I understand the desire for privacy too.
And to all those who are opposed to it...why did you come to the thread? Curiosity perhaps?:eyebrow:

Last edited:
I like looking at their houses...for ideas if I ever own a house. ;)

Take that driveway to Larry's, if that were me, I'd line the driveway with one type of plant. Not sure what kind of flowers are native to Ireland, but a row of sunflowers, or maybe hybiscus bushes.

I've read Adam's house sits on 20 acres too, I'd go so crazy (in a good way)with that much land, hehehe my own garden/jungle.

I have a very green thumb. I had a nice apple tree going in my yard, (started it from a seed, when I was 14). By the time we moved, it was about 5 feet tall. I put a sign on it, "Red Apple Tree" no idea what happened to it. :(

FEELINGNUMB

Hmm, upon closer look, yeah the trees are a bit close together, but you can tell he's taking care of them, with those posts to "guide" the saplings. I had seen this pic before but it was a bit smaller.

Larry seems to be maintaining his plants quite well too.

Can't really tell how Bono or Edge are doing with that.

I look at houses regardless of who lives in them. ;)

There was a time when I considered architecture as a career, but that's a lot more work than just designing a building.

Last edited:
IMO, if one is sick enough to go and try invading their privacy, he will do it regardless of whether or not we post pictures of the houses. Therefore, I see nothing wrong in posting them :wink:
I saw people in Eze trying to climb up the wall, or reaching out to shift the curtains.... THAT is disturbing, not us posting some pictures :huh: :ohmy:

Its a BIRD! ITS A PLANE! ITS......CAPTIAN BONO!!!!! He will save this thread!

CaptianBono.jpg
[/IMG]

What does captian Bono think of this thread?

afro.jpg
[/IMG]

And his trusty side kick Super Dog...superdog..what do you think?

0494.jpg
[/IMG]

I think I got up too early:huh:

:lmao:

Back
Top Bottom