The ground beneath her feet...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Echo

War Child
About once a month I go for a walk through a nearby cemetery and listen to U2 on my headphones.

The best thing to do is start with low, somber songs like October, The Ocean, and Tomorrow to get you in that pensive death-oriented mood...

...and then when you're on your way out, listen to stuff like Ultraviolet and Beautiful Day, to remind you how great it is to be alive, and able to do weird stuff like walk through a cemetery and listen to U2.

-Echo

------------------
Bono-Man! An Epic Superhero Adventure
Experience it at http://www.geocities.com/bonogoestovegas

The Official PLEBA Glossary: Replacing Crippling Confusion With Mere Disorientation!
Version 4.0 is at:
http://www.vodkatea.com/g/glossary.asp?gid=165

you're an intresting person, echo. it sounds like something i would do.
smile.gif

------------------
"You can download an atmosphere and dial up a groove, but there's a certain magic when three musicians and a dyslexic get together and play in a room." -Bono

Love,
Emily

The city's desire to take me for more and more...

Oh my gosh! That is SOOO weird becuase I do the same thing! It's also really good to walk through the woods or a park at night and listen to the sad ones, and then come into the house and build a fire and listen to the happy songs! It's really a good experience. Wow, that is sooo weird Echo.
:p

------------------
The Proud Owner of the ONLY Cardboard Larry!!!

God Bless America and my city, NYC!

"After all it is the Larry Mullen band."

"Larry has a heavy foot it is an extordiry thing, you know, to have to stand in front of that drum kit. It is like getting a good kicking on a nightly basis." ~Bono

Echo.

Foadie.

You guys are strange and wonderful...and I think you may have given me ideas. *wink*

Let me give you my phone number.

Call me next time you go.
wink.gif

Disco...who lives rather dully...

walking through cemetaries. I do that. I sit there to get away from crowds sometimes. U2s songs just get rid of the stresses of life and I can be at peace with myself.

[This message has been edited by UV2001 (edited 11-04-2001).]

Sounds like a cool PLEBA field trip! Do we need permission slips?
smile.gif

U2 IS good thinkin music.

------------------
~*Mona*~
Disco disco discoteque mama (Come-a come-a come-a come to me Gimme gimme gimme some lovin' Tell me tell me tell me you want it ~Beach Boys~))

WHAT YOU DON'T HAVE YOU DON'T NEED IT NOW
WHAT YOU DON'T KNOW YOU CAN FEEL IT SOMEHOW

"Your girl leans over and says, 'Daddy, can you turn that radio up any louder?'" ~Bruce~

Echo - glad you brought that up - nice that there are others who do that kind of thing.
wink.gif

The most powerful feeling is when I go out when its dark and raining - the streets are deserted - and put on something deep like GBHF, Tommorow or SOP (Bruce) then when I get to where I'm going have a few drinks/chat to friends and cheer up - and listen to something that makes me happy again!

[This message has been edited by Bonoforever (edited 11-04-2001).]

It's a wonderful thing, Echo! I think I'll do it when I'll go finding my dead grandmother (but he was like a mother for me) at the cemetery. And, maybe, I'll put one of my headphones near the wall that divides us, and I'll make her listen the songs that changed (and continue to change) my life...the songs of U2. I'm sure that, after this, she'll love me more than she ever did.

However, I always listen U2 in the bus, when I come back home from university. I look out of the window, I smile and I think that life is perfect. Quite perfect.

----------------
*Scarlet*
THE ROYAL KITE OF LANGUAGE FOR L.E.A.T.H.E.R.

Back
Top Bottom