The Great PLEBA Exodus

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Bluey and J-tree- You've pretty much summed up my opinion on this entire thing.

Well, I agree w/ Bluey-I really don't want to 'get involved' either. This all just makes me sad-as do threads by people coming in here and 'mocking' this place and/ or PLEBAns.

But, I'll 'get up the courage' I guess to say on my behalf..

I feel it is truly unfair for anyone to judge me based on the fact that I have posted on the elevated thread or whatever. Like Madonna's Child said-for me, it is all about fantasy and fun. And sorry, but I do feel judged for this.

Trust me-I have nothing but the utmost respect for this band and the wonderful people in it. To share something personal-their music has brought me through the darkest times in my life-that's all I'll say-and it continues to do so. As I'm sure it does for everyone.

I'd really like to say some other things, but I just can't handle the stress of it all. I don't feel free to express myself-and that's sad too.

Originally posted by Gina Marie:
I feel it is truly unfair for anyone to judge me based on the fact that I have posted on the elevated thread or whatever. Like Madonna's Child said-for me, it is all about fantasy and fun. And sorry, but I do feel judged for this.
I'm only judging people on how they react to others
people have been ignored in here, while posting the same things others have, just because they aren't (for lack of better words) 'in the clique'
I know these things don't always happen on purpose, but it definately is not cool

it's not even that I mind "elevated Bono", "I want to spank Edge", "I want Larry in my bed" and "Adam makes me pant heavily"-threads, but when they're the only threads people chose to post in something is wrong IMO

------------------
Salome
Shake it, shake it, shake it

[This message has been edited by Salome (edited 12-31-2001).]

I of all people shouldn't dare say anything, and I don't really know what happened, but I will say that it is sad that the forum has turned into something totally different than it was when I first came here in the spring. I know there will be all different opinions and all different topics but this place has become a chat room, and a place to joke around. I wouldn't mind that if it didn't take over completely, which it has, and all the hot pics and serious threads drop quickly and disappear, like so many of the good people I liked when I came here. I guess they just left or stopped posting. Couldn't there be a seperate forum for the 'extracurricular' stuff or something?

------------------
"I've been all over,
and it's been all over me!"

eek.gif
oops

[This message has been edited by GypsyHeartgirl (edited 12-31-2001).]

Please, not again.... Can't people just be allowed to say what's on their mind without being judged? I've said things in most different kind of thread, my thoughts, my dreams, my hopes. Some stuff more dirty then other but I'm not ashamed of anything I've said and I would say it again, and I could say it infront of the guys, if so.
I say, once again, when you post stuff, read it through again, think through if what you are about to post is somethng you also would say in real life, eye to eye, if the answer is yes, then post it. If there is something that you think might be missinterpreted by ANYONE, do an extra explanation just to prevent it from happen. On internet you have to be overclear in what you write, you have to try to read it from another persons eye first. Think twice, read twice before you do something drastic that can get things WAY out of hand. As Bono has said (not exact quote) To be different is a great thing, but to respect differences is even greater!
Think about that, we are all different, age, culture, language and that takes more work from each one of us to keep this the great place it is.

So please, show some respect, be humble and read twice.

PLEASE!

------------------
"U2 on it?s own is a very interesting group and all. But U2 with it?s audience is a culture" - Bono

http://community.webshots.com/user/misszooropa
Pictures from Copenhagen (shirtless ones), London and Dublin, Slane.

Originally posted by Salome:
I'm only judging people on how they react on others
people have been ignored in here, while posting the same things others have, just because they aren't (for lack of better words) 'in the clique'
I know these things don't always happen on purpose, but it definately is not cool

it's not even that I mind "elevated Bono", "I want to spank Edge threads", "I want Larry in my bed threads" and "Adam makes me pant heavily"-threads, but when they're the only threads people chose to post in something is wrong IMO

Well, since you brought it up, I'll be 'brave'-if you're referring to me, I DEFINITELY do not think I am in some sort of 'clique'-there are MANY 'cliques' around Interference that I certainly am not a member of-nor do I wish to be. Cliques in HS were bad and nightmarish enough.

And certainly those are not the only threads I post on. I also try to start what I consider to be 'fairly good' topics on EYKIW, only to have them sink-are these 'ignored' by 'cliques'? Because sometimes it certainly seems that way.

[This message has been edited by Gina Marie (edited 12-31-2001).]

Since I'm as old as the band members is it not inappropriate for me to lust after them?
wink.gif
LMAO 40 must be good for something!

[This message has been edited by GypsyHeartgirl (edited 12-31-2001).]

Originally posted by GypsyHeartgirl:
One more thing- since I'm as old as the band members is is not inappropriate for me to lust for them?
wink.gif
LMAO being 40 must be good for something!

LOL I envy you! I always wish I was older and could have been around in the eighties so when I meet someone that is older and still as devoted I bow to show my respect.
I tried to think of Eli as an oppurtunity the other day just to find out that I'm older then him, then Bono is older then me. LMAO

------------------
"U2 on it?s own is a very interesting group and all. But U2 with it?s audience is a culture" - Bono

I think that it is really sad what is going on in her. People are seperating over small details, when we should all be coming together over the fact that we all share a love of the Greatest Band in the World. We are arguing over silly things. Some of love the mullet, some of us don't. Some of us love POP, some of us don't. Some of us drool over the boys uncontrollably, some of us don't. Some of us (myself included) need spell check, some of us don't. Let's all try to remember why we came here in the first place. We wanted to be a part of a fun lovin U2 community!!! Let's keep it that way!!

I know my post means nothing, since I haven't been around very long. But in the short time that I have been here I have really grown attached to it. I have felt really welcomed thus far, and I am looking forward to getting to know everyone better!!

Originally posted by spinninghead77:
I think that it is really sad what is going on in her. People are seperating over small details, when we should all be coming together over the fact that we all share a love of the Greatest Band in the World. We are arguing over silly things. Some of love the mullet, some of us don't. Some of us love POP, some of us don't. Some of us drool over the boys uncontrollably, some of us don't. Some of us (myself included) need spell check, some of us don't. Let's all try to remember why we came here in the first place. We wanted to be a part of a fun lovin U2 community!!! Let's keep it that way!!

I know my post means nothing, since I haven't been around very long. But in the short time that I have been here I have really grown attached to it. I have felt really welcomed thus far, and I am looking forward to getting to know everyone better!!

Very well said!!
smile.gif

We are all different and we should respect that and remember that we all love them, it's the bottom line.

------------------

Originally posted by oliveu2cm:
wow my one fun u2 post on my birthday and I get dissed. See what I get for never posting in the bono is uh elevated thread.

first of all, HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY, olive!!!
smile.gif

secondly, i don't think there's ANYTHING wrong with your post! it's funny- and true! i'd love to go out drinking with the band- what girl wouldn't??

Jeez, i don't understand why people are getting so touchy about threads all of a sudden...

ach cam on!

there are bloody more important tings out there to worry about than how a board is going, all this pain in the world and we should be paying more attention to it than little tings on a board.....let it be as it is, this board does me no harm, and I dont always read what I dont want to.........

let it be

for goodness sake!

*places hands on hips*

go out there and help someone, feel better for a day, dont slap others over little harmless tings!

Originally posted by mad1:
there are bloody more important tings out there to worry about than how a board is going, all this pain in the world and we should be paying more attention to it than little tings on a board.....
yes, but most things in this world I can't control
this however is one thing I can sort of control
bebe, sicy, bubba and me have been appointed by Elvis to make sure as many people as possible can enjoy the boards on Interference

------------------
Salome

I'm going to try to voice my opinion and views without going off too hard because this is probably the most ridiculous thing I've ever seen. We're here because of U2. We're here because we love their music and who they are. U2 is a band that can take you all the way down to the gutter of lustful thoughts and push you up into the clouds of higher thinking. They take you everywhere. I just don't understand why it all has to come down to this? I really just don't understand. If we're only here to talk shit about each other than, yeah, we should leave or we should keep our annoying fingers off the keyboards. We're better than this people!! Are we going to drive ourselves crazy bickering over petty shit or are we going to get along with each other and keep the spirit of U2 alive on this board? The boys would not be happy to see fans having a field day with each other like this. Frankly, I'm disappointed that it's turned into this. I don't know what else to say....

------------------
"It's all about drums."

Whether you love me or hate me you can still email me: clarityat3am@hotmail.com

it is sad isnt it Clarity?

I think posts like this read by anyone wanting to join, well, it will chase them away rather than encourage them to join......I had my knuckles slapped, but over time, relaxed, was just me, postin mad shite, and thats that! Im not into popularity and I dont expect everyone to like me.....thats THAT!

thats all.................I agree with what Angela, Bluey and Wildhonee have said though..............

hahaha, didn't think you were maddie

clarity, I think I know what you mean
but people have been complaining about what pleba has turned into for quite a long time now

------------------
Salome

Originally posted by Salome:
hahaha, didn't think you were maddie

clarity, I think I know what you mean
but people have been complaining about what pleba has turned into for quite a long time now

I can see why people would complain, but still...I dunno...I'll think about it some more and post again when I'm not so tired.

"To be united, to be one, is a great thing. But to respect differences may be even greater." -- Bono, September 23, 1997, at PopMart Sarajevo

------------------
"It's all about drums."

Whether you love me or hate me you can still email me: clarityat3am@hotmail.com

Freedom of speech is a GOOD thing!

If you don't like or approve of what you are watching - change the channel.

IMO people that run over to other forums and snicker and cry about how sad and pathetic some people are, or laugh about the s*&^ that they stirred up are not very nice. In a way those same people could be considered a clique if you will.

We all have the ability to read or NOT read the threads in PLEBA. We all have the ability to reply or NOT reply to the threads in PLEBA.

Why is it ok to "joke" about f***ing members of U2 on one forum EYKIW this thread --> http://forum.interference.com/u2feedback/Forum1/HTML/016366-2.html

but it is not ok to talk about members of the band in a sexual nature in the PLEBA forum???

If there are worries of minors being here... are they allowed here? Do you have to be 18 to register?

There are way more sad and pathetic things going on in the world compared to what goes on in PLEBA.

Make your self feel good today.

Write a letter for Amnesty International. Make a contribution to Drop the Debt.
Take time to visit some of the world wildlife or other web sites promoting the help of our animal friends.

Originally posted by EPandAmerica:

IMO people that run over to other forums and snicker and cry about how sad and pathetic some people are, or laugh about the s*&^ that they stirred up are not very nice. In a way those same people could be considered a clique if you will.

Why is it ok to "joke" about f***ing members of U2 on one forum EYKIW this thread --> http://forum.interference.com/u2feedback/Forum1/HTML/016366-2.html

but it is not ok to talk about members of the band in a sexual nature in the PLEBA forum???

There are way more sad and pathetic things going on in the world compared to what goes on in PLEBA.

I'm gettin' quite tired of this...I think that since I was so bored last night that this drama didn't seem as silly as it does now.

Maybe I should go back to my old signature:

PLEBA: It's Just A Stinkin' Forum!

I guess I was just pretty ticked off because there is this supposed "gap" between the "older" PLEBA girls and the "newer" PLEBA girls...so when I tried to just mesh and help close the gap and people thought MY thread (the puke one) was bad, that was pretty damn annoying.

------------------
"I don't know you,
But you don't know the half of it..."

BC, I didn't think your vomit thread was bad, I laffed out loud, really. But I have an awful sense of humour
wink.gif

I still stand by everything I said previously.

And yes, its just a damn forum.

Entertaining though.
biggrin.gif

Originally posted by Angela Harlem:
BC, I didn't think your vomit thread was bad, I laffed out loud, really. But I have an awful sense of humour
wink.gif

*lmao*

You know how cruel kids can be your freshman year of high school...I was completely tormented following that! *lol*

There would be little Post-It notes on my desk when I would come to class that would say things like "Bono Is Gay", "U2 Should Go Back To England" (England??)...but my all time favorite...

"Bono Is A Transfestite"

I think he meant transvestite...*lol*...that cracked me up...
biggrin.gif

------------------
"I don't know you,
But you don't know the half of it..."

i still i don't see what you guys are apparently seeing. i don't post a lot, but i read everyday and i don't see the problems you do. yes, some of the newbies went a little far. yes, mona and salome got in a little fight about the elevated thread. yes, occasionly male interferencers come in here to bug us. so what? THEY'RE JOKING. salome is a tease, but he means no harm. none of them do.

i agree with basically what all of you said. i especially agree with the posts angela, gina, and salome.

1.) it's only for fun, if you don't like the jokes then leave. and pick and choose your threads. i don't have the time to read everything. if you've exhausted PLEBA, go to EYKIW.

2.) it's only the internet. on a bad day, you may come to PLEBA and let it consume you for a while, but this isn't reality.

3.) there should be a maturity level that comes with PLEBA. it is sexual and that idea should be handled like an adult. if you're under 15, maybe you shouldn't be in here. i'm only 17 but i've known plenty of pregnant teenagers and have gay friends who do it without a condem. i don't approve, but i understand that sex is a many sided prism. it can be good, it can be bad. if you're not mature enough to understand that, you probably shouldn't be joking around about sex. there might be girls under 15 who can handle PLEBA, and they shouldn't be discouraged away, but i don't think the average 30 year old who posts in PLEBA should have to tone it down for a kid. they understand sex. PLEBA should shun nobody, but don't bother us if you're going to be an arsehole.

go if you want, echo. it would be a shame to lose you, but don't scare bluey and mona into going with you.

------------------
Does love light up your Christmas tree?

Happy Holidays!

"And I wear gray underwear." -Bono

Love,
Emily

Visit my webpage for U2 wallpapers:
www.geocities.com/springtime5348/index.html

...if God will send his angels...

Originally posted by Bonochick:
There would be little Post-It notes on my desk when I would come to class that would say things like "Bono Is Gay", "U2 Should Go Back To England" (England??)...but my all time favorite...

"Bono Is A Transfestite"

I think he meant transvestite...*lol*...that cracked me up...
biggrin.gif

lmao!
biggrin.gif

------------------
Does love light up your Christmas tree?

Happy Holidays!

"And I wear gray underwear." -Bono

Love,
Emily

Visit my webpage for U2 wallpapers:
www.geocities.com/springtime5348/index.html

...if God will send his angels...

Originally posted by madonna's child:

2.) it's only the internet. on a bad day, you may come to PLEBA and let it consume you for a while, but this isn't reality.

3.) there should be a maturity level that comes with PLEBA. it is sexual and that idea should be handled like an adult. if you're under 15, maybe you shouldn't be in here.

but those who are under 15 are here, and to consider this fact when you post is not, in my opinion, too crazy of an idea. And it also is not too much to ask. I realize this is "only the internet"... and trust me, I have things I deal with in the "real world"... but as long as we're escaping our "real" problems, we may as well keep those things that consume us in order.

Let's not get overly riled up here. There's no need for segregation, PLEBA escapes, and other survival tactics...

[This message has been edited by Achtung_Bebe (edited 12-31-2001).]

I think you take this place too seriously Echo. I see nothing wrong with the above threads, they're all in good fun.

I'll agree with madonna's child, there seems to be too much cliques around here, and if you're not in one of them you get ignored.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom