The good and bads of living in NY

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

youtwohearts

New Yorker
It costs a fortune and you don't get much for the buck
Most people need a two income household to afford a home
There is always traffic
You can't get anywhere without a car
Taxes, Taxes, Taxes :crazy:

However who cares, Bono owns an apt in NYC and they will be here in March for the rock-n-roll hall of fame.:)

That's true..................noone sleeps in NYC...well excepting me that is. When my friends call and I tell them that I'm already in bed, they yell at me. Being on 34th Street at 1 am in Manhattan is the best place to be though cause u meet all kind of ppl ,and see crazy things.I'll always love NYC no matter what. If anyone is gonna be camping outside Bono's apartment building ...email me or AIM me and let me know, it would be nice to be with fellow U2 fans, makes it more exciting. And does anyone know where Mr. Clayton's apartment is by chance?????????:wink: :wink: :|

EveClayton said:
That's true..................noone sleeps in NYC...well excepting me that is. When my friends call and I tell them that I'm already in bed, they yell at me. Being on 34th Street at 1 am in Manhattan is the best place to be though cause u meet all kind of ppl ,and see crazy things.I'll always love NYC no matter what. If anyone is gonna be camping outside Bono's apartment building ...email me or AIM me and let me know, it would be nice to be with fellow U2 fans, makes it more exciting. And does anyone know where Mr. Clayton's apartment is by chance?????????:wink: :wink: :|

Wait wait wait, stop the press. You KNOW where Bono's apartment in NY is?! I will be there in March...I don't know where I'll sleep but I will be there!

originally posted by youtwohearts
There is always traffic
You can't get anywhere without a car

Actually, I find it easier just to take the subway, since there is no traffic like there is when owning a car!

EveClayton said:

Hey there!!! I know where Bono's apartment is but youtwohearts and I might just have to keep that our secret!!! **Note my location under my screen name** Have you been to his restaurant in the village yet??? We went, don't bother, it's literally the size of a thimble :)

Last edited:
starsgoblue said:

Wait wait wait, stop the press. You KNOW where Bono's apartment in NY is?! I will be there in March...I don't know where I'll sleep but I will be there!

Yes I do. Been there done that, he didn't come out. However, we did see Steve Martin.

EveClayton said:

We (meaning One4U2 and myself) will be there and we could all do a U2 night out.

NYC is very over-rated. Yankee fans, $7 beers, hipsters & trust fund babies, the smell, $2000/ month studio apts, blah, blah blah.

one4u2 said:
Hey there!!! I know where Bono's apartment is but youtwohearts and I might just have to keep that our secret!!!

I didn't think that was a secret?! :confused: I've never been to NY, but I know where it is - not the exact location, but the street... :shifty:

u2granny said:
It not just New York

:yes: - I'm living in one of the most expencive capitals of Europe (according to research made not so long ago), but I'm not complaining - we have a great city, despite all the problems there can be... :wink:

Did I see the phrase" camping outside Bono's apartment"? when? Even though NYC may be over-rated, there's just something about it that makes no other place copmrable. Maybe there's something in the air- like the pollution, that makes us all love it. I can't see myself living anywhere else and loving it as much as I love NY

U2girl91289 said:
Did I see the phrase" camping outside Bono's apartment"? when? Even though NYC may be over-rated, there's just something about it that makes no other place copmrable. Maybe there's something in the air- like the pollution, that makes us all love it. I can't see myself living anywhere else and loving it as much as I love NY

When we get word that he is definetly in NY will be the camping out day. One4U2 or I will set up a U2 outing for everyone. Keep on the look out for news when he'll be in NY.

NYC :love:

Best city in the world! Everything you need or want is there. I know it's not an easy place to live all the time, things are a little expensive there and I think that if you loose your way in NYC you can get really depressed but I think it's worthy because of all the things you can get from the place. It's the center of the world for me. :) :up:

HelloAngel said:
Well, I'm moving there in May, so watch out ;)

:hyper: :applaud:

Even though I want to move there myself too one day I feel a little scared everytime I think about it. It's starting over like nothing else.

I hate big cities, they smother me. Keep Manhatten just give me that countryside! My son who is 17 loves it and want to move to NYC. He spent a few days over the summer with a friend who lives on Central Park West not far from Bono. He loved it and even liked riding the subway. Of course it would be a "6th Ave. Heartache" without his rich friends;) But he still plans to move there next year :sigh: I can't hold it against him for following his dream. I never did and I regret it.

I lived in NY for one year, its one of the greatest cities in the world but the downside is, it never sleeeps!!! And for a man like me who likes to party a little bit, i didnt get much school work done. So I moved back to DC, where I have to go an find trouble, not where it finds me. :wink:

Merc said:

I didn't think that was a secret?! :confused: I've never been to NY, but I know where it is - not the exact location, but the street... :shifty:

:yes: - I'm living in one of the most expencive capitals of Europe (according to research made not so long ago), but I'm not complaining - we have a great city, despite all the problems there can be... :wink:

Then it is still obviously a secret because we know EXACTLY where it is! :wink:

Last edited:
one4u2 said:
Then it is still obviously a secret because we know EXACTLY where it is! :wink:

The exact number and everything?! Interesting... :shifty: :D

My two younger sisters have been living in New York City for a long, long time. They hate the prices, but have to live there because they are in the arts. One sister was a professional dancer who left the dance company (Alwyn Nikolai) to perform her own choreography. No one put up with Nikolai for more than four years, anyway. My other sister is a visual artist and a cosmetologist. There's really nothing for them here in Birmingham, so they went to New York after school.

u2bonogirl said:
so this bono apartment secret......maybe i should look into being a landlord for a certain apartment building if i get a key.......:evil: okay im officially pathetic:help:

Like we haven't thought of it. Imagine being the broker or for that matter part of the bored he had to go in front of.

one4u2 said:

Hey there!!! I know where Bono's apartment is but youtwohearts and I might just have to keep that our secret!!! **Note my location under my screen name** Have you been to his restaurant in the village yet??? We went, don't bother, it's literally the size of a thimble :)

I have been planning to visit his restaurant,but havent had the chance yet. I havent been to Manhattan in a while though,and I do miss it alot. Being that I work in Queens now and I live in Queens, I'm just around there more often than ever.But hey.the mystery of finding out where Mr. Hewson apartment is ,is more and more exciting everyday so whenever u r ready, I'm ready.:wink: :wink: :wink:

Back
Top Bottom