The Fun Stuff...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bonavoix

War Child
Larry's lap. Enjoying what may come... *grin*
Alrighty, you know how you get those surveys emailed to you asking to fill them out and forward them to all your friends? Lindsey (Bonorattle) and I thought it would be fun to make one for U2 fans. Except we didn't have any other email addresses for any other U2 fans. So we decided to compose it here and have people post here, then forward it to your U2 friends. There's some very fun questions here, so I hope you'll all try it and I can't wait to see your responses!
smile.gif
It is a little long... but I hope it'll be fun.

Here are my answers, so just copy and paste onto a new reply or whatever you wanna do...

------------------
"From an artist's point of view, failure is where you get your best material." -Bono

"Sunrises are God's hit singles. Do the big number first and then just get on with the rest of the show." -Bono.

My feeble attempt at a website:
Rattle And Hum

Ok, I tried filling it all into my original post, and it didn't work, so I have to do it the stupid way and reply... *sigh* anyway, here it is..

THE BASICS
1-When did you become a U2 fan? 1997, roughly after hearing WOWY on the radio and buying the Best of CD... The rest is history.
2-What got you into U2? With or Without You and Rattle and Hum.
3-Favorite U2 Album? It changes, but right now it's R&H.
4-Top 5 favorite songs? Heartland, Van Diemen's Land, One, Two Shots of Happy, Big Girls Are Best.
5-Favorite lyric? Again, it always changes, but right now it's "Waves of regret, waves of joy, I reached out for the one I tried to destroy. You, You said You'd wait until the end of the world."
6-Favorite quote otherwise? "From an artist's point of view, failure is where you get your best material." -Bono
7-Favorite Band member? Hmmm... aw geez I don't like picking... but I'd have to say it's Bono (after Mrs. Edge's story that's understandable!).
8-Favorite Era? Gotta be either ZooTV, Elevation or JT/R&H.
9-What is your favorite tour to date and why? Elevation, because it's the only one I've seen... and it's simple, intimate, more about music than display.
10-If you could go back in time and see any tour that you missed, which one would it be and why? ZooTV. It just seemed like such a phenominal show, I hate the fact that I was only 10 when it was going on...
frown.gif

THE FUN STUFF
11-If you were to ever run into Bono at the store, what do you imagine he?d have in his shopping cart? That's a tough one... Vintage wine, general stuff...
12-If Bono were a food, what would he be? Chocolate. Definitely chocolate.
13-If Edge were a guitar, what make/model would he be? 74 Explorer.
14-If Adam were an article of clothing, what would he be? A Skirt.
15-If Larry were a car, which one would he be? 57 Thunderbird.
16-If you could be a tree, what would you be? A Joshua Tree, of course!
17-What do you imagine Bono sleeps in? Heh.. nothing!
18-If you could clone any one of the band members, who would you clone and why? We need more people as calm and as intelligent as the Edge on this planet.
19-MacPhisto or the Fly? MacPhisto
20-Mirrorball Man or Edge? Edge
21-Larry or Adam? Larry
22-Adam or Edge? Edge.
23-Edge or Bono? Bono.
24-Larry or Bono? Bono.
25-Adam or Bono? Adam.
26-Lyrics or Drums? Lyrics!
27-Guitar or Lyrics? Guitar.
28-Would you ever call Larry ?Shirley? to his face? Heh.. only if I had my own body guard with me for protection, or a suit of armor.
29-The Joshua Tree or Achtung Baby? Achtung Baby.
30-The Studio version of ?I Still Haven?t Found? or the version with the New Voices of Freedom? The Gospel version.
31-Bono?s haircut or Larry?s neat and tidy buzz? Larry's cut.
32-Bono?s mullet (circa 1985) or Bono?s hair circa 1980? The 1980 hair.. anything's better than the mullet.
33-Larry?s buzz cut now or Larry?s long hair circa 1980? The cut now.
34-So by a quirk of fate, you?re backstage at the next U2 concert and the boys walk up to you. They ask you what song you want them to resurrect and play tonight, but it has to be something they either have never played live or haven?t played in a long while. What do you tell them to play? Heartland.
35-If you ran into Bono eating at a restaurant in Dublin, what kind of restaurant do you imagine he?s in? A small coffee shop or a bar.
36-In reference to the above question, is he alone or with company? With company.
37-If he?s with company, who is he with? Either the band or Gavin Friday.
38-If you ran into Larry in Chicago, where do you imagine running into him? The Harley Davidson store.
39-If Adam were not a rock star, what do you envision him doing? Living in a penthouse someplace...
40-If Edge were not a rock star, what kinds of things do you envision he?d have invented by now? All kinds of stuff... the female orgasmatron
biggrin.gif
, written tons of books, etc.
41-If you could meet only one member of the band, who would it be and why? Larry... I'd love to have a really deep conversation with him.
42-If you lived next door to Bono, what do you imagine overseeing/overhearing? *ahem* no comment. General daily activities?
43-If Edge were eligible to run for President of the United States of America, would you vote for him? YES.

44-If you were given 4 days to hang out with U2... One day (24 hours) with each band member and your time with band members cannot overlap, what would you do with each of them? Where would you go? What would you talk about? (Keep it to a reasonable length
smile.gif
)
Bono: Spend most of it about Dublin, seeing all there is to see and talking about everything from Jesus to Mick Jagger...
Edge: Talking, talking and talking... and him teaching me how to play guitar.
Larry: Lots of deep spiritual conversation... a ride on the Harley, schmoozing around Dublin.
Adam: Anywhere he wants to party.
biggrin.gif

There ya go, have at it!!
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

Originally posted by Bonavoix:
Ok, I tried filling it all into my original post, and it didn't work, so I have to do it the stupid way and reply... *sigh* anyway, here it is..

THE BASICS
1-When did you become a U2 fan? 1981, after seeing them on TV
2-What got you into U2? Their looks and their music
3-Favorite U2 Album? AB
4-Top 5 favorite songs? Heartland, New Year's Day, Beautiful Day, One, Ultraviolet, UF, Red Hill Mining Town, In' God's Country.
5-Favorite lyric? Again, it always changes, but right now it's "Waves of regret, waves of joy, I reached out for the one I tried to destroy. You, You said You'd wait until the end of the world."
That'll do.
6-Favorite quote otherwise? can't think of one right now
7-Favorite Band member? BONO
8-Favorite Era? Gotta be either ZooTV, Elevation or JT/R&H.
9-What is your favorite tour to date and why? Elevation, because it's the only one I've seen... and it's simple, intimate, more about music than display. That'll do too.
10-If you could go back in time and see any tour that you missed, which one would it be and why? UF. Bono was so hot then, I'm sorry I missed that show.

THE FUN STUFF
11-If you were to ever run into Bono at the store, what do you imagine he?d have in his shopping cart? Bet he doesn't shop.
13-If Edge were a guitar, what make/model-?
14-If Adam were an article of clothing, what would he be??
15-If Larry were a car, which one would he be? ?
17-What do you imagine Bono sleeps in? Leather?
18-If you could clone any one of the band members, who would you clone and why? Bono. Good looking and intelligent and caring.
19-MacPhisto or the Fly? That's hard, but FLY
21-Larry or Adam? Larry
22-Adam or Edge? Edge.
23-Edge or Bono? Bono.
24-Larry or Bono? Bono.
25-Adam or Bono? Bono
28-Would you ever call Larry ?Shirley? to his face? No.
30-The Studio version of ?I Still Haven?t Found? or the version with the New Voices of Freedom? The Gospel version.
31-Bono?s haircut or Larry?s neat and tidy buzz? BONO'S BEAUTIFUL HAIR! YUMMMM! What's up with you Bonavoix I thought you were a long hair girl? Can't run your hands through razor stubble.
32-Bono?s mullet (circa 1985) or Bono?s hair circa 1980? I LOVE the 1985 Live Aid look.It was just the JT hair with some bangs!
33-Larry?s buzz cut now or Larry?s long hair circa 1980? 1980! Cute! I HATE buzzes.
34-So by a quirk of fate, you?re backstage at the next U2 concert and the boys walk up to you. They ask you what song you want them to resurrect and play tonight, but it has to be something they either have never played live or haven?t played in a long while. What do you tell them to play? Heartland.
35-If you ran into Bono eating at a restaurant in Dublin, what kind of restaurant do you imagine he?s in? The Clarence Hotel
36-In reference to the above question, is he alone or with company? With company.
37-If he?s with company, who is he with? Gavin or Guggi
38-If you ran into Larry in Chicago, where do you imagine running into him? no idea
39-If Adam were not a rock star, what do you envision him doing? working at the battery factory in Dublin?
40-If Edge were not a rock star, what kinds of things do you envision he?d have invented by now? mechanical devices
41-If you could meet only one member of the band, who would it be and why? Bono... I'd love to have a really deep conversation with him.
42-If you lived next door to Bono, what do you imagine overseeing/overhearing? *ahem* no comment. General daily activities?
43-If Edge were eligible to run for President of the United States of America, would you vote for him? YES.

44-If you were given 4 days to hang out with U2... One day (24 hours) with each band member and your time with band members cannot overlap, what would you do with each of them? Where would you go? What would you talk about? (Keep it to a reasonable length
smile.gif
)
Bono: Driving in the country, listening to music, talking, talking talking!
Edge: Talking about photography
Larry: I'd be intimidated of him the most
Adam: I have no idea

There ya go, have at it!!
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

[This message has been edited by GypsyHeartgirl (edited 09-21-2001).]

THE BASICS
1-When did you become a U2 fan? I was always a casual fan, became a bit obsessive in 1993 when I went out with a guy who was a HUGE fan.
2-What got you into U2? The ex-boyfriend mentioned above.
3-Favorite U2 Album? Achtung Baby, without a doubt.
4-Top 5 favorite songs? Running to Stand Still, Ultraviolet,If God would Send his Angels, One, Bad.
5-Favorite lyric? hmmm...right now, don't let the bastards drag you down
biggrin.gif

6-Favorite quote otherwise? Off with the horns -on with the show - MacPhisto
7-Favorite Band member? Bono - followed VERY closely by Edge
smile.gif

8-Favorite Era? Zoo TV (really loving Elevation though)
9-What is your favorite tour to date and why? My favorite concert so far is Popmart Boston in 1997, but I love the intimacy of Elevation
10-If you could go back in time and see any tour that you missed, which one would it be and why? I regret to this day that I missed Zoo TV - I would have loved to have been at the St. PAT's concert in Boston.
THE FUN STUFF
11-If you were to ever run into Bono at the store, what do you imagine he?d have in his shopping cart? Diapers...
biggrin.gif

12-If Bono were a food, what would he be? Ice Cream!
13-If Edge were a guitar, what make/model would he be? I have no clue.
14-If Adam were an article of clothing, what would he be? I think most people associate Adam with Nakedness...
15-If Larry were a car, which one would he be? you got me!
16-If you could be a tree, what would you be? IS there any other answer acceptable other than a Joshua Tree?
17-What do you imagine Bono sleeps in? My bed.
biggrin.gif

18-If you could clone any one of the band members, who would you clone and why? None! There's no replacing them.
19-MacPhisto or the Fly? The Fly
21-Larry or Adam? Adam
22-Adam or Edge? Edge.
23-Edge or Bono? Bono(wait, can I have both?)
24-Larry or Bono? Bono.
25-Adam or Bono? Bono
27-Guitar or Lyrics? Depends on the song.
28-Would you ever call Larry ?Shirley? to his face? um...I think not.
30-The Studio version of ?I Still Haven?t Found? or the version with the New Voices of Freedom? - New Voices
31-Bono?s haircut or Larry?s neat and tidy buzz? Bono's!
32-Bono?s mullet (circa 1985) or Bono?s hair circa 1980? The 1980 hair
33-Larry?s buzz cut now or Larry?s long hair circa 1980? - Now
34-So by a quirk of fate, you?re backstage at the next U2 concert and the boys walk up to you. They ask you what song you want them to resurrect and play tonight, but it has to be something they either have never played live or haven?t played in a long while. What do you tell them to play? Resurrect UV or play If God Would Send His Angels
35-If you ran into Bono eating at a restaurant in Dublin, what kind of restaurant do you imagine he?s in? Someplace indiscreet that he can take his family.
36-In reference to the above question, is he alone or with company? With his family.
37-If he?s with company, who is he with? His Family!
38-If you ran into Larry in Chicago, where do you imagine running into him? In the hotel room with the POP_Whore
39-If Adam were not a rock star, what do you envision him doing? - I cant say it.
40-If Edge were not a rock star, what kinds of things do you envision he?d have invented by now? I dont want to think like that... cant image U2 without him.
41-If you could meet only one member of the band, who would it be and why? Ack!! My first instinct is to say Bono - but I really think I'd have more to say with Edge.
42-If you lived next door to Bono, what do you imagine overseeing/overhearing? His car in the driveway...lol - I dont know !
43-If Edge were eligible to run for President of the United States of America, would you vote for him? - I guess so.

44-If you were given 4 days to hang out with U2... One day (24 hours) with each band member and your time with band members cannot overlap, what would you do with each of them? Where would you go? What would you talk about? (Keep it to a reasonable length )
Bono: I would just love to talk to him about anything.
Edge: I want to know Edge's secrets...lol. On the guitar that is. I can only play jingle bells.
Larry: I have no idea... he's intimidating
smile.gif

Adam: Anything! He seems like so much fun.

------------------
It's no secret that the stars, are falling from the sky...
-Kathleen-

"I'm a big nsync fan, but then again, I eat my own crap...." - Triumph

THE BASICS
1-When did you become a U2 fan? '87 or '88? I don't remember.
2-What got you into U2? The Unforgettable Fire Album.
3-Favorite U2 Album? The Unforgettable Fire.
4-Top 5 favorite songs? Two Hearts Beat As One, Mothers of the Disappeared, New Year's Day, Twilight, Stay. *mood dependent*
5-Favorite lyric? "All that you fashion, all that you make, all that you build, all that you break, all that you measure, all that you've got, all that you have and what you have not, leave it behind, you got to leave it behind." - Walk On, Calgary, AB: 04.09.01
6-Favorite quote otherwise? "I'm a bass player; that's a singer question." - Adam
7-Favorite Band member? *JT refers you to her Acrobat thread & her signature*
8-Favorite Era? Now. They look so stunning!
9-What is your favorite tour to date and why? Elevation... with ZooTV in a close second.
10-If you could go back in time and see any tour that you missed, which one would it be and why? Definitely something in the Unforgettable Fire era... mostly because they were still fresh... even with the "heavy" lyrics... they had that energy which is very different from the energy they have now.

THE FUN STUFF
11-If you were to ever run into Bono at the store, what do you imagine he?d have in his shopping cart? Baby food.
12-If Bono were a food, what would he be? Expensive, smooth Swiss chocolate.
13-If Edge were a guitar, what make/model would he be? Fender Stratocaster... classic!
14-If Adam were an article of clothing, what would he be? A thong.
15-If Larry were a car, which one would he be? Ford truck. All man, all purpose, and it gets you where you want to go.
16-If you could be a tree, what would you be? Olive.
17-What do you imagine Bono sleeps in? Boxers.
18-If you could clone any one of the band members, who would you clone and why? None, cuz then they wouldn't be special anymore.
19-MacPhisto or the Fly? The Fly.
20-Mirrorball Man or Edge? The Edge any day of the week!
21-Larry or Adam? Adam.
22-Adam or Edge? Oh no! This is a toughie... erm... prolly Adam.
23-Edge or Bono? The Edge.
24-Larry or Bono? Smooth Criminal Larry!
25-Adam or Bono? Adam.
26-Lyrics or Drums? As a bassist.. I'm gonna have to say... DRUMS!
28-Would you ever call Larry ?Shirley? to his face? Do I look crazy?
30-The Studio version of ?I Still Haven?t Found? or the version with the New Voices of Freedom? Neither... but I play the Gospel version at work cuz it sounds better.
31-Bono?s haircut or Larry?s neat and tidy buzz? Larry, I like my men clean.
32-Bono?s mullet (circa 1985) or Bono?s hair circa 1980? The shoulder length JT hair.
33-Larry?s buzz cut now or Larry?s long hair circa 1980? I rather liked the AB look he had going on... with the slight goatee.
34-So by a quirk of fate, you?re backstage at the next U2 concert and the boys walk up to you. They ask you what song you want them to resurrect and play tonight, but it has to be something they either have never played live or haven?t played in a long while. What do you tell them to play? Two Hearts Beat As One.
35-If you ran into Bono eating at a restaurant in Dublin, what kind of restaurant do you imagine he?s in? Local cafe.
36-In reference to the above question, is he alone or with company? Company.
37-If he?s with company, who is he with? Gavin Friday.
38-If you ran into Larry in Chicago, where do you imagine running into him? What's in Chi-Town?
39-If Adam were not a rock star, what do you envision him doing? Living on the dole!
40-If Edge were not a rock star, what kinds of things do you envision he?d have invented by now? Well, he was supposed to give engineering a shot... so something along that line? Could be anything really.
41-If you could meet only one member of the band, who would it be and why? The Edge... I think it would be fun & intellectually stimulating.
biggrin.gif

42-If you lived next door to Bono, what do you imagine overseeing/overhearing? Him mowing his lawn.
43-If Edge were eligible to run for President of the United States of America, would you vote for him? No.
44-If you were given 4 days to hang out with U2... One day (24 hours) with each band member and your time with band members cannot overlap, what would you do with each of them? Where would you go? What would you talk about? I'd prolly just want to jam with them. Chill have coffee... discuss spirituality, politics, current issues/trends... eat dinner. Normal stuff.

*whew*
That's a long one.

------------------
Hip Pontiff of Sparky-ism

"Show me your secret and tell me your name,
Catch me with your fizzy smile!"

SlipStream Soul

[This message has been edited by J-Tree (edited 09-22-2001).]

THE BASICS
1-When did you become a U2 fan? Since a kid.
2-What got you into U2? My aunt.
3-Favorite U2 Album? Achtung Baby
4-Top 5 favorite songs? One, WTSHNN,Bad, Running To Stand Still and Elvis Presley and America!
5-Favorite lyric? "dream out loud"
6-Favorite quote otherwise? Too many to list!
7-Favorite Band member? Bono
8-Favorite Era? I liked all the ERA'S!
wink.gif
They are all special in their own little way!
9-What is your favorite tour to date and why? POPMART '97! Without a doubt it was amazing!
10-If you could go back in time and see any tour that you missed, which one would it be and why? I wish I could have see them way back when they played in the clubs! But I wasn't even born yet! LOL

THE FUN STUFF
11-If you were to ever run into Bono at the store, what do you imagine he?d have in his shopping cart? hmmmmm.... I dunno.
12-If Bono were a food, what would he be? *hehehe*
13-If Edge were a guitar, what make/model would he be? I have no clue. *ditto*
14-If Adam were an article of clothing, what would he be? Hmmmm
15-If Larry were a car, which one would he be? none, he would be a harley!
16-If you could be a tree, what would you be? Lemon Tree? lol JT!
17-What do you imagine Bono sleeps in? *hehehe*
18-If you could clone any one of the band members, who would you clone and why? No one!
21-Larry or Adam? Larry
22-Adam or Edge? Edge.
23-Edge or Bono? Bono
24-Larry or Bono? Bono.
25-Adam or Bono? Bono
27-Guitar or Lyrics? Hmmmmm
28-Would you ever call Larry ?Shirley? to his face? No way! lol
30-The Studio version of ?I Still Haven?t Found? or the version with the New Voices of Freedom? - Original
31-Bono?s haircut or Larry?s neat and tidy buzz? LOL I refuse to answer "H" questions!
redface.gif

32-Bono?s mullet (circa 1985) or Bono?s hair circa 1980? See Above!
33-Larry?s buzz cut now or Larry?s long hair circa 1980? - Ok, I'm safe with this one
biggrin.gif
Larry's now!
34-So by a quirk of fate, you?re backstage at the next U2 concert and the boys walk up to you. They ask you what song you want them to resurrect and play tonight, but it has to be something they either have never played live or haven?t played in a long while. What do you tell them to play? Elvis Presley And America! I wold die if they played that!
biggrin.gif

35-If you ran into Bono eating at a restaurant in Dublin, what kind of restaurant do you imagine he?s in? A cozzy place!
36-In reference to the above question, is he alone or with company? With the rest of the guys!
37-If he?s with company, who is he with? See above!
38-If you ran into Larry in Chicago, where do you imagine running into him? :/ I dunno.
39-If Adam were not a rock star, what do you envision him doing? - Fashion Designer!
40-If Edge were not a rock star, what kinds of things do you envision he?d have invented by now? WOW! Lots of things! LOL
41-If you could meet only one member of the band, who would it be and why? BONO!
42-If you lived next door to Bono, what do you imagine overseeing/overhearing? Bono playing with his kids, just being "dad!"
wink.gif

43-If Edge were eligible to run for President of the United States of America, would you vote for him? - In a heart beat! lol
Bono Talk to him about "Life", in a nice quiet place!
Edge: I want to know the secret of the universe!
biggrin.gif

Larry: I wanna talk to Larry about Elvis! I'm a huge fan of the KING!
wink.gif

Adam: A little bit of this a little bit of that! He seems like a cool, awesome person!

------------------
~*Everybody's talkin' about POP Musik!*~

(??.?(?*?.? ?.?*?)?.??)
?.???. *Monica* .???.?
(?.??(?.??* *??.?)??.)

[This message has been edited by SweetOnU2 (edited 09-22-2001).]

THE BASICS
1-When did you become a U2 fan? Hmm...back in 91 or 92...when I heard "One" on the radio and I thought it was just wonderful...then in '93, I have a found memory of me sitting in a hotel room watching the video for "Numb" and for some reason just so...I dunno..but it changed my life
wink.gif

2-What got you into U2? see the first answer..
3-Favorite U2 Album? Everyday its a new favorite, today it is War
4-Top 5 favorite songs? One, (after that it's a rotating cast of favorites again), so again today it's: Zooropa, Elvis Prestly and America, If God Will Send His Angels, and Stuck In A Moment..
5-Favorite lyric? "You asked me to enter but then you make me crawl..."
6-Favorite quote otherwise? "You're gonna ask me what its like to make a video, and here I am, sittin on a runway...so what's the problem."-Larry
7-Favorite Band member? Favorite band member? that's awful to pick...Uh..I dunno..okay...okay..Larry...sorry Bono, Adam and Edge...
8-Favorite Era? Elevation
9-What is your favorite tour to date and why? Elevation, because I was young for all the other tours...and I couldn't see them back then...
10-If you could go back in time and see any tour that you missed, which one would it be and why? ZooTV
THE FUN STUFF
11-If you were to ever run into Bono at the store, what do you imagine he?d have in his shopping cart? kids..
12-If Bono were a food, what would he be? angel food cake...aww!
13-If Edge were a guitar, what make/model would he be? oh gosh..I dunno..
14-If Adam were an article of clothing, what would he be? womens underwear...
15-If Larry were a car, which one would he be? a vintage car...that's all I know
16-If you could be a tree, what would you be? A Joshua Tree
17-What do you imagine Bono sleeps in? wow...hehe...
18-If you could clone any one of the band members, who would you clone and why? I couldn't take all their gentics and make one? darn...then I would clone Bono, cause the world needs Bonos...
21-Larry or Adam? Ack...since I picked Larry for favorite band member...I'll be fair and say Adam..
22-Adam or Edge? Edge.
23-Edge or Bono? Bono.
24-Larry or Bono? Bono.
25-Adam or Bono? Bono
28-Would you ever call Larry ?Shirley? to his face? yeah...then RUN LIKE HECK!
31-Bono?s haircut or Larry?s neat and tidy buzz? Bono
32-Bono?s mullet (circa 1985) or Bono?s hair circa 1980? NO NO NOT THE MULLET! 1980 Bono haur
34-So by a quirk of fate, you?re backstage at the next U2 concert and the boys walk up to you. They ask you what song you want them to resurrect and play tonight, but it has to be something they either have never played live or haven?t played in a long while. What do you tell them to play? Three Sunrises
35-If you ran into Bono eating at a restaurant in Dublin, what kind of restaurant do you imagine he?s in? a bar
37-If he?s with company, who is he with? can he be with me?
38-If you ran into Larry in Chicago, where do you imagine running into him? Oh gosh...
39-If Adam were not a rock star, what do you envision him doing? being a pimp...
40-If Edge were not a rock star, what kinds of things do you envision he?d have invented by now? how to keep the secret of the universe
41-If you could meet only one member of the band, who would it be and why? Adam...he seems like a fun dude to hang out with
42-If you lived next door to Bono, what do you imagine overseeing/overhearing? WHOO HOO! No he would be yellin at the kids, LOL!
43-If Edge were eligible to run for President of the United States of America, would you vote for him? Of course!

44-If you were given 4 days to hang out with U2... One day (24 hours) with each band member and your time with band members cannot overlap, what would you do with each of them? Where would you go? What would you talk about? (Keep it to a reasonable length )
Bono: I would have a drink with him...then haha...
Edge: I would get him to tell me the secret of the universe!
Larry: oh gosh...I would want a ride and ask how he keeps himself lookin so young
Adam: anything that boy wants to do...

------------------
Dana

"AHH...this is civics in action!"
--Mr. Campbell and me at a U2 concert, 6/21/01

"I simulate love making by beating a piece of wood with a metal wire on which it vibrates."
-Adam, when asked, 'If a martian landed and was introduced to you and asked what you do, what would you say?'

THE BASICS
1-how long have you been a U2 fan? 1987
2-What got you into U2? WOWY video, family
3-Favorite U2 Album? JT
4-Top 5 favorite songs? SBS,WOWY, IGC, RHMT, RTSS
5-Favorite lyric? "Love, slowly stripped away, love, seen its better days"
6-Favorite quote otherwise? "It's no secret that a liar won't believe anyone else."
8-Favorite Era? JT/R&H
9-What is your favorite tour to date and why? Elevation
10-If you could go back in time and see any tour that you missed, which one would it be and why? Lovetown
THE FUN STUFF
11-If you were to ever run into Bono at the store, what do you imagine he?d have in his shopping cart? leather I hope!
12-If Bono were a food, what would he be? too good to eat
13-If Edge were a guitar, what make/model would he be? oh gosh..I dunno..
14-If Adam were an article of clothing, what would he be? shoes
15-If Larry were a car, which one would he be? 1972 Dodge Swinger
16-If you could be a tree, what would you be? A Joshua Tree
17-What do you imagine Bono sleeps in? his clothes
18-If you could clone any one of the band members, who would you clone and why? I couldn't take all their gentics and make one? darn...then I would clone Bono, cause the world needs Bonos...
20-Mirrorball Man or Edge? Mirrorball Man
21-Larry or Adam? Larry
22-Adam or Edge? Edge.
23-Edge or Bono? Bono.
24-Larry or Bono? Bono.
25-Adam or Bono? Bono
27-Guitar or Lyrics? lyrics
28-Would you ever call Larry ?Shirley? to his face? wouldn't want to
30-The Studio version of ?I Still Haven?t Found? or the version with the New Voices of Freedom? Studio
31-Bono?s haircut or Larry?s neat and tidy buzz? Bono's luscious, beautiful mane!
32-Bono?s mullet (circa 1985) or Bono?s hair circa 1980? either is fine with me!
33-Larry?s buzz cut now or Larry?s long hair circa 1980? circa '80. The skinned head makes his nose look enormous
34-So by a quirk of fate, you?re backstage at the next U2 concert and the boys walk up to you. They ask you what song you want them to resurrect and play tonight, but it has to be something they either have never played live or haven?t played in a long while. What do you tell them to play? In God's Country
35-If you ran into Bono eating at a restaurant in Dublin, what kind of restaurant do you imagine he?s in? cool one
37-If he?s with company, who is he with? friends and family
38-If you ran into Larry in Chicago, where do you imagine running into him? Michigan Ave
39-If Adam were not a rock star, what do you envision him doing? still streaking
40-If Edge were not a rock star, what kinds of things do you envision he?d have invented by now? I couldn't count them
41-If you could meet only one member of the band, who would it be and why? Bono- he's gorgeous and seems like my kind of fun
42-If you lived next door to Bono, what do you imagine overseeing/overhearing? fun
43-If Edge were eligible to run for President of the United States of America, would you vote for him? Of course!

44-If you were given 4 days to hang out with U2... One day (24 hours) with each band member and your time with band members cannot overlap, what would you do with each of them? Where would you go? What would you talk about? I would spend it all with Bono and talk about music, history, and the world.

1-When did you become a U2 fan? 1981 - after hearing Out of Control on a college radio stationin Memphis.
2-What got you into U2? Listening - see above. Worshiping - LiveAid.
3-Favorite U2 Album? Unforgettable Fire
4-Top 5 favorite songs? Bad, Running to Stand Still, Streets, Please, Stay
5-Favorite lyric? That's just too hard.
6-Favorite quote otherwise? See my signature
7-Favorite Band member? Hmmmmm (he he Bono of course)
8-Favorite Era? JT/R&H and now
9-What is your favorite tour to date and why? Elevation, because it's the closest I've gotten to the band, and I got to see them in Ireland.
10-If you could go back in time and see any tour that you missed, which one would it be and why? I haven't missed one...
wink.gif

THE FUN STUFF
11-If you were to ever run into Bono at the store, what do you imagine he?d have in his shopping cart? Gavin Friday
12-If Bono were a food, what would he be? I agree - chocolate
13-If Edge were a guitar, what make/model would he be? Guitars have makes and models? Damn
14-If Adam were an article of clothing, what would he be? A Sarong.
15-If Larry were a car, which one would he be? 64 Mustang
16-If you could be a tree, what would you be? An Oak
17-What do you imagine Bono sleeps in? Well I know from Flanagan's bible - a t-shirt and nothing else.
18-If you could clone any one of the band members, who would you clone and why? I wouldn't - goodness - one of each is probably enough.
19-MacPhisto or the Fly? Fly (y'all know how I feel about the leather)
20-Mirrorball Man or Edge? Mirrorball Man
21-Larry or Adam? Larry
22-Adam or Edge? Edge.
23-Edge or Bono? Bono.
24-Larry or Bono? Bono.
25-Adam or Bono? Bono.
26-Lyrics or Drums? Lyrics
27-Guitar or Lyrics? Lyrics
28-Would you ever call Larry ?Shirley? to his face? Yes ha ha that would be funny - and I can run real fast
29-The Joshua Tree or Achtung Baby? If you had asked me a year ago, I'd have said JT, but now I say Achtung Baby.
31-Bono?s haircut or Larry?s neat and tidy buzz? Bono's
32-Bono?s mullet (circa 1985) or Bono?s hair circa 1980? I actually like the mullet - mullets were cool in 85
34-So by a quirk of fate, you?re backstage at the next U2 concert and the boys walk up to you. They ask you what song you want them to resurrect and play tonight, but it has to be something they either have never played live or haven?t played in a long while. What do you tell them to play? One Tree Hill
35-If you ran into Bono eating at a restaurant in Dublin, what kind of restaurant do you imagine he?s in? A pub, or his brothers restaurant
37-If he?s with company, who is he with? Ali, Guggi or Gavin Friday.
38-If you ran into Larry in Chicago, where do you imagine running into him? In a pub.
39-If Adam were not a rock star, what do you envision him doing? Working backstage at a runway model show
wink.gif

40-If Edge were not a rock star, what kinds of things do you envision he?d have invented by now? Lots of techy stuff, cool guitar wa wa sound thingies, etc.
41-If you could meet only one member of the band, who would it be and why? Bono - I'd love to pick his brain and say thanks.
42-If you lived next door to Bono, what do you imagine overseeing/overhearing? A whole bunch of kids running around the yard, and piles of dirty nappies.
wink.gif

43-If Edge were eligible to run for President of the United States of America, would you vote for him? Ack! No!
smile.gif
)
I'd trade in my days with everybody else for Bono then spend it over beers talking about politics, issues and world views, how they write, etc.

THE BASICS
1-When did you become a U2 fan?
Late 1982, we'd just gotten cable and I happened to see Gloria on MTv, the rest is history..
2-What got you into U2? Mtv as strange as that might seem today.
3-Favorite U2 Album? Pop and Zooropa
4-Top 5 favorite songs? Unforgettable Fire, 2 Hearts, Please, Gone and SATS
5-Favorite lyric? "You know I need you to be strong and the day is as dark as the night is long.."
6-Favorite quote otherwise? "Bass players attract the weirdest fans," - Edge
7-Favorite Band member? ADAM
8-Favorite Era? The present one..
9-What is your favorite tour to date and why? PopMart 97 because it was a great show and I grabbed Bono's arse!
10-If you could go back in time and see any tour that you missed, which one would it be and why? ZooTV. I am still kicking myself about that one, even though I was a broke college student with no car at the time.
THE FUN STUFF
11-If you were to ever run into Bono at the store, what do you imagine he?d have in his shopping cart? Dark chocolate covered cherries and a vintage champy...
13-If Edge were a guitar, what make/model would he be? A black Gibson with pearl inlaid trim.
14-If Adam were an article of clothing, what would he be? My panties!
wink.gif

15-If Larry were a car, which one would he be? A Harley bike, not sure about the model.
17-What do you imagine Bono sleeps in? Au naturel...*devilish grin*
18-If you could clone any one of the band members, who would you clone and why? I would clone myself an Adam for my own personal use!
21-Larry or Adam? ADAM
22-Adam or Edge? ADAM
23-Edge or Bono? Edge
24-Larry or Bono? Bono.
25-Adam or Bono? Adam
28-Would you ever call Larry ?Shirley? to his face? THe man intimidates me already, so my answer is Heck NO!
30-The Studio version of ?I Still Haven?t Found? or the version with the New Voices of Freedom? I like 'em both.
31-Bono?s haircut or Larry?s neat and tidy buzz? Bono's haircut.
32-Bono?s mullet (circa 1985) or Bono?s hair circa 1980? I always thought he looked cute in the mullet, of course everything is relative.
33-Larry?s buzz cut now or Larry?s long hair circa 1980?
THe man looks good either way, though I don't like it when his hair is TOOshort.
34-So by a quirk of fate, you?re backstage at the next U2 concert and the boys walk up to you. They ask you what song you want them to resurrect and play tonight, but it has to be something they either have never played live or haven?t played in a long while. What do you tell them to play? 2 Hearts or Gloria without question.
35-If you ran into Bono eating at a restaurant in Dublin, what kind of restaurant do you imagine he?s in? An "out of the way" Pub.
36-In reference to the above question, is he alone or with company? Preferably alone.
37-If he?s with company, who is he with?
If he were with the band, it'd be cool too.
38-If you ran into Larry in Chicago, where do you imagine running into him? The Harley Davidson store.
39-If Adam were not a rock star, what do you envision him doing? Traveling the world in search of himself...I picture him somewhere in Tibet.
40-If Edge were not a rock star, what kinds of things do you envision he?d have invented by now? All kinds of stuff... the female orgasmatron , written tons of books, etc.
41-If you could meet only one member of the band, who would it be and why? Adam, because after loving the man for over 15yrs it is high time I met him and told him how wonderful he is.
42-If you lived next door to Bono, what do you imagine overseeing/overhearing? Hopefully, I could hear him playing the piano or stumming a guitar working on lyrics for new songs.

Bono: I'd love to ask him what he has learned from talking & dealing with all the politicos he's met over the years and what his solutions are for world peace.
Edge: I'd ask him to tell me about his music, what inspires him and of course I'd ask him to play something for me.
Larry: I'd ask...so what's up with the sarcasm and feisty attitude??? When are you gonna admit the fact that you love it when the girls scream your name and wanna tear your clothes off!
Adam: I'd convince him to pay for the remainder of my education, he's got the $$$ to spare. Or better yet, I'd convince him to adopt me...I would take care of his house while he is off working on the new album,(though I am no good at housework), his pet(s) and make sure he has a beautiful garden to relax in.
wink.gif

------------------
"She's gonna dream up the world she wants to live in....She's gonna dream out loud.."

"She is the dreamer, she's imagination..."

*+*MaRiA*+*

THE BASICS
1-When did you become a U2 fan? in 1999 when i first saw the Sweetest Thing video

2-What got you into U2? the cool lyrics and the drooms and guitars!
3-Favorite U2 Album? all of them!
4-Top 5 favorite songs? 1)With or Without You 2)Sweetest Thing 3)Elevation
biggrin.gif
4)I Will Follow 5)New York but i have many many favorites, this was just what was on my winamp list right now..
5-Favorite lyric? "Elevation!"
6-Favorite quote otherwise? "Elevation!"
8-Favorite Era? all of it

9-What is your favorite tour to date and why? ummm...i actually like em' all
10-If you could go back in time and see any tour that you missed, which one would it be and why? ZooTV, it looked like so much giddy fun! lol!
THE FUN STUFF
11-If you were to ever run into Bono at the store, what do you imagine he?d have in his shopping cart? soda! heheh
12-If Bono were a food, what would he be? a lollipop
biggrin.gif

13-If Edge were a guitar, what make/model would he be? hrmm,probably a Gibson Les Paul
14-If Adam were an article of clothing, what would he be? a black v-neck long sleeve shirt
15-If Larry were a car, which one would he be? a dark blue mustang!
16-If you could be a tree, what would you be? the Joshua Tree!

17-What do you imagine Bono sleeps in? absolutely nuffin!
biggrin.gif

18-If you could clone any one of the band members, who would you clone and why? Bono, just because! heheh
19-MacPhisto or the Fly? Macphisto
21-Larry or Adam? Larry
22-Adam or Edge? Edge
23-Edge or Bono?Bono
24-Larry or Bono? Bono
25-Adam or Bono?Bono
26-Lyrics or Drums? its all about the drooms man!
27-Guitar or Lyrics? lyrics!
32-Bono?s mullet (circa 1985) or Bono?s hair circa 1980? bono (circa 1980)
33-Larry?s buzz cut now or Larry?s long hair circa 1980? now
34-So by a quirk of fate, you?re backstage at the next U2 concert and the boys walk up to you. They ask you what song you want them to resurrect and play tonight, but it has to be something they either have never played live or haven?t played in a long while. What do you tell them to play? Babyface!
smile.gif

35-If you ran into Bono eating at a restaurant in Dublin, what kind of restaurant do you imagine he?s in? a nice Italian restaurant
36-In reference to the above question, is he alone or with company? alone

37-If he?s with company, who is he with?his family or the band
38-If you ran into Larry in Chicago, where do you imagine running into him? the Harley store
39-If Adam were not a rock star, what do you envision him doing? probably being some computer type of guy
40-If Edge were not a rock star, what kinds of things do you envision he?d have invented by now? the carve-a-tron 3000! lol
41-If you could meet only one member of the band, who would it be and why? bono, because he means so much to me
42-If you lived next door to Bono, what do you imagine overseeing/overhearing? i would be staring at him constantly lol *drool*
43-If Edge were eligible to run for President of the United States of America, would you vote for him? of course!
Bono: anything and everything
biggrin.gif

Larry: anything and everything
biggrin.gif

Adam: anything and everything
biggrin.gif

THE BASICS
1-When did you become a U2 fan? It's been a slow gradual process that began when I first heard ISHFWILF...later The Sweetest Thing. To tell you the truth, I orginally though they wer kinda 'uncool' cause my cousin listened to them. Got Napster. Downloaded a few. Semi-obsessed (mainstream). Heard Beautiful Day on the radio. Bought CD. Became obsessed.
2-What got you into U2? See #1
3-Favorite U2 Album? It changes, right now I'm back into JT
4-Top 5 favorite songs? One, One Tree Hill, A Sort of Homecoming, ISHFWILF, Walk On, The Sweetest Thing (that's 6!)[/i]
5-Favorite lyric? Always changing, but today it's "You could have flown away, a singing bird in a n open cage who will only fly, only fly, for freedom"
6-Favorite quote otherwise? "And you can dream so dream outloud, you know that your time is coming round/And don't let the bastards grind you down"
7-Favorite Band member? Bono baby
8-Favorite Era? JT, Elevation, and ZooTV
9-What is your favorite tour to date and why? Elevation, cause it's the only one I've seen...love the heart, love the soul
10-If you could go back in time and see any tour that you missed, which one would it be and why? ZooTV...or R&H--Just seemed so huge and so wonderful, amazing, riding on the coattails of their success
THE FUN STUFF
11-If you were to ever run into Bono at the store, what do you imagine he?d have in his shopping cart? Vintage wine, general junk food
13-If Edge were a guitar, what make/model would he be? I don't know guitars
14-If Adam were an article of clothing, what would he be? A sarong...or purple pants
15-If Larry were a car, which one would he be? No cars...a Harley maybe
17-What do you imagine Bono sleeps in? Nothing...really...
18-If you could clone any one of the band members, who would you clone and why? Edge, cause he's the quitest, nicest, and most intelligent. He's thoughful, and full of soul. We need more people like that in our world
21-Larry or Adam? Larry
22-Adam or Edge? Tough one...depends on my mood
23-Edge or Bono? Bono baby!
24-Larry or Bono? Again, tough choice, but Bono winds marginally
25-Adam or Bono? Bono
26-Lyrics or Drums? Lyrics
27-Guitar or Lyrics? Lyrics
28-Would you ever call Larry ?Shirley? to his face? If it got his attention, sure! e! (But I'd have to be surrounded by big people willing to protect me from his wrath!
29-The Joshua Tree or Achtung Baby? AGHH! I can't decide. Depends on mood, really.
30-The Studio version of ?I Still Haven?t Found? or the version with the New Voices of Freedom? Studio
31-Bono?s haircut or Larry?s neat and tidy buzz? Bono's cut...I love his hair
32-Bono?s mullet (circa 1985) or Bono?s hair circa 1980? Actually, I'm kinda partial to the mullet *ducks*
33-Larry?s buzz cut now or Larry?s long hair circa 1980? Today's cut
34-So by a quirk of fate, you?re backstage at the next U2 concert and the boys walk up to you. They ask you what song you want them to resurrect and play tonight, but it has to be something they either have never played live or haven?t played in a long while. What do you tell them to play? One Tree Hill and Acrobat
35-If you ran into Bono eating at a restaurant in Dublin, what kind of restaurant do you imagine he?s in? A small cafe, penning lyrics on a napkin
36-In reference to the above question, is he alone or with company? alone..or with me
37-If he?s with company, who is he with? ally, me. But if he had to have company, Daniel Lanois
38-If you ran into Larry in Chicago, where do you imagine running into him? The street, just as he's climbing onto his Harley
39-If Adam were not a rock star, what do you envision him doing? Factory worker with huge coveralls and all
40-If Edge were not a rock star, what kinds of things do you envision he?d have invented by now? Written poetry books, something to help humankind
41-If you could meet only one member of the band, who would it be and why? Bono..cause he's my hero...he'd probably talk a lot. I'd love to have a conversation with him...see who could BS more
42-If you lived next door to Bono, what do you imagine overseeing/overhearing? Playing guitar, playing with his kids and being 'dad', singing to his son
43-If Edge were eligible to run for President of the United States of America, would you vote for him? In a heartbeat, yes
44-If you were given 4 days to hang out with U2... One day (24 hours) with each band member and your time with band members cannot overlap, what would you do with each of them? Where would you go? What would you talk about? (Keep it to a reasonable length) Yikes!
Bono: Talk about life, music, poetry, lyrics, everything and anything that came up. The world, history, travelling. Experiencing everything. At a cafe maybe, or outside somewhere, a boat? Then somewhere loud, filled with people...dance with him...God, he's my hero, really.
Edge: Music, philosophy. A quiet secluded place...a park maybe, or the studio. And then he'd teach me how to play guitar...
Larry: Learn to play drums, ride the Harley, DANCE with him, conversation... a ride on the Harley...talk about...well, I dunno.
Adam: He looks like so much fun. I wouldn't plan a thing and see what would result

------------------
*You could have flown away, a singing bird in an open cage who will only fly, only fly for freedom*

[This message has been edited by The_Sweetest_Thing (edited 12-01-2001).]

Back
Top Bottom