the first time...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
the first time

Nice thread. I had to think about this one because I started listening to their music in the early 80's (I'm the same age as Larry). For many years, I loved the group as a whole. I didn't really take the time to read much about them individually. Loved Bono at "Red Rocks." When I finally read a book about them in the late 80's, Larry caught my eye (me along with millions of others).

Obviously, LARRY IS THE LOOKER!!!!!

:sexywink:

i was in the library looking at a book, something liike "u2: three chords and the truth" put together by niall stokes? not sure...and there was this picture of larry and i thought something liike "hey! he's kinda hot!"...i took out that and the flanagan book (yeah! the flanagan bible!)...read flanagan, then looked at the other book again. this is about a week later, mind you. then i see EDGE! it's the JT pic, he doesn't have a hat on, he's kind of looking off to the side...i'll go try and find it somewhere...

*giggle*

Schmeg said:
The spark that set the flame:
A_11.jpg

A thirteen-year-old Schmeg watched MTV one day and this elongated image of sexiness intrigued her young mind.

same for me...but i was 11....

and then I saw him....

A_18.jpg

I never got over adam since ( I was 12 at the time). :drool:

Last edited:
I didn't start paying attention to individual band members until The Joshua Tree came out (I'd been listening to the band since War). I saw the vid for Where the Streets Have No Name and shirtless Adam definitely caught my attention. When I saw Rattle & Hum, it was all over. I was and still am an Adam girl. Although...

I've been paying more and more attention to Larry since the Pop era 'cause there's no denying that he just gets sexier and sexier with age.

I dug Bono since forever but then during the Elevation tour I realized that not only did U2 have a drummer but he was really hot. So I spent several months as a Larry girl but one night I was watching the SIAM video on the Elevation Live DVD and saw The Edge. He was in flip flops confidently strutting around at photo shoots and then he was on the river bank gracefully throwing stones. It didn't take right away but the more I saw and heard and read of The Edge, the more I dug him -- he's an amazing guitar player, fantastic singer, witty, smart, has a fab accent, likes what he does and seems very comfortable in his own skin, all very appealing (and he's really, really, really, really, really hot!).

Okay, so I couldn't find a shot of Edge throwing stones, but I did find one of him in flip-flops (I usually do not like guys' feet, but for some reason I completely dig Edge's)...

ba-all6.jpg

U2Soul said:
I didn't start paying attention to individual band members until The Joshua Tree came out (I'd been listening to the band since War). I saw the vid for Where the Streets Have No Name and shirtless Adam definitely caught my attention.

I enjoy providing visual aide.
:evil:
smirkymoob.jpg

Last edited:
It was the Beautiful Day video when Bono was in those really tight black pants and he rolled around on the ground and then did this pose where he bent his legs and kind of stuck his crotch out, oh that was hot! Then it was evil Bono in the Elevation video, he was so good lookin'!! :drool: :love:

Ultravioletbabe said:
It was the Beautiful Day video when Bono was in those really tight black pants and he rolled around on the ground and then did this pose where he bent his legs and kind of stuck his crotch out, oh that was hot! Then it was evil Bono in the Elevation video, he was so good lookin'!! :drool: :love:

I love how Bono looks in the Elevation video! :yes: :up:

By the way, I was reading through here again-just want to say this: you Larry girls are sitting there talking about how hot Larry is-while I'll always stay a Bono girl, I must admit, upon seeing the pictures you're showing of Larry and some of the things you're mentioning with him, he is a rather good-looking guy. I'll definitely agree with you there.

Angela

early 80's...Mom says "hey come and watch this on MTV, this is a pretty good song"

I sit down and watch with her and think "hot damn, who cares about the song, look at the guy in the tight jeans!!!!" :drool:

I did start to like the song (SBS) and have been :love: over Bono ever since.

Attachments

• bono_redrocks.jpg
    bono_redrocks.jpg
    47.2 KB · Views: 50
Last edited:
Hmm.....tough question.....

I don't really know exactly. I started out as a Bono girl I suppose. I've always gone for dark hair with blue eyes, and he definitely fits the bill. Plus, he was the only person I really recognized when my best friend started her campaign to convert me to U2 fandom. But, I didn't adore him or anything. I just kind of chose him. :shrug:

ne03.jpg

I really like this picture of him. I usually like him without sunglasses on, or with the black ones on.

THEN, I learned more about the band. Larry was cool, Adam was odd, and Edge.... Edge was soulful. He just seemed so down-to-earth, so relaxed, but his eyes....they are just...gah! :love: And then I never really was attracted to Larry (still aren't) and Adam was just too goofy (although I must admit that he is pretty hot, especially JT Adam.... *loveth the chain necklace*)

3365399923232%7Ffp69%3Dot%3E2327%3D546%3D48%3C%3Dxroqdf%3E2323365%3B37373ot1lsi

But lately, I'm finding myself drawn to Bono again.....I don't know why. :) But I'm enjoying it. I think it's mostly because of this picture.....

3365399923232%7Ffp69%3Dot%3E2327%3D546%3D48%3C%3Dxroqdf%3E2323365%3B37359ot1lsi

:tongue:

Bono's American Wife said:
early 80's...Mom says "hey come and watch this on MTV, this is a pretty good song"

I sit down and watch with her and think "hot damn, who cares about the song, look at the guy in the tight jeans!!!!" :drool:

LOL, hey, I probably would've thought the same thing.

On a semi-related note, about "Sunday Bloody Sunday"-your mom thought the song was good, but my mom says that's probably the one song by U2 she's least fond of, she says she gets tired of hearing it. :huh:.

Personally, like you, I love that song.

Angela

Moonlit_Angel said:

LOL, hey, I probably would've thought the same thing.

On a semi-related note, about "Sunday Bloody Sunday"-your mom thought the song was good, but my mom says that's probably the one song by U2 she's least fond of, she says she gets tired of hearing it. :huh:.

Personally, like you, I love that song.

Angela

Yeah, its kinda strange that my mom would like that song...she's completely into classic rock and BB King-type blues and for the most part HATED music in the 80's.

I still thank her every now and then for calling me in to watch that video :)

Ultravioletbabe said:
It was the Beautiful Day video when Bono was in those really tight black pants and he rolled around on the ground and then did this pose where he bent his legs and kind of stuck his crotch out, oh that was hot!

dum da da dum dum dum DUUUUUUMMM
bd%60cap458.jpg

...not quite the thrusting moment, it's about a half second early... but close!

Okay Baby Its xmas(please come home) video got me interested in the band but what really got me interested in the band was the ISHFWILF video here are a few of my favorite stills from said video:

A_istillhaventfound012.jpg
A_istillhaventfound016.jpg
A_istillhaventfound027.jpg
A_istillhaventfound030.jpg

the photo that got me interested in adam is this one tho:
ad-jt34.jpg

with honorable mentions going to this one to:
ad-oct7.jpg

:heart:

This moment, this look, that jacket, that blue eyes, that hair made me start LOVING my dear Bono...
cap138.JPG

:drool:

when i saw my 1st u2 clip (that hooked me up) "Beautiful Day" all i noticed was a guy in the kissing scene(where he kisses a blond girl).I thoght that he was cute...:lol:
I didn't react at Bono or any other members in any way...:reject:
i just remember thinking that they were young-in my opinion they should have been 60 year old men...:reject: *runs to hide*

Back
Top Bottom