The First Ever General Pleban Party....get your U2 fixing here!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Hi Darren! :wave:

Bri!! Thought you'd left me. :tsk: :wink: I caught up late last night and this morning....leave this place for a day, and when you get back, you've practically got a novel to read.

Sobe :hug:

VP..you're a terrible infulence, you know that? Yesterday was my dads birthday, so while mom is picking things up in the mall, I run to HMV to pick up a CD for him...as I wander wondering where the hell Neil diamond is...I pass U2....get very distracted :lol:...and am all excited cause they have *Slane*, Best of, and a bunch of singles........so what did I do with my extra spending money?.......bought Slane. :D (and my dads CD of course lol)
All because of you......

:hug: I've missed you VP!!!
...which reminds me...do you want 5 mins of your life back after that email? :lmao: I just read it myself at the end of your email...:laugh:

Last edited:
A novel indeed! I'm leaving Sunday night to go back to Phoenix and will be without a computer the whole time. :faint: I can feel the withdrawals already.

Bri...have you watched it yet???? :drool:

I keep thinking how *extremely* cool it would be if you could come over and we could have this massive dvd watching event together. We'd need buckets and mops for sure...

SoBe said:
A novel indeed! I'm leaving Sunday night to go back to Phoenix and will be without a computer the whole time. :faint: I can feel the withdrawals already.

How long will you be away this time? I can't even imagine trying to catch up on more than a day or two. :lol:

VintagePunk said:
Bri...have you watched it yet???? :drool:

I keep thinking how *extremely* cool it would be if you could come over and we could have this massive dvd watching event together. We'd need buckets and mops for sure...

Is there any doubt...I was *def* watching it at like 1am...why do you think I never made it online? :lol:

And I now *finally* understand the .."Look Edge a beach ball" references! :cute: :laugh:

Awww! :hug: We'd have great fun!!!...poor Sarah would be rolling her eyes tho....

MUCCA! :hug: :hyper:

Last edited:
MBS said:

Is there any doubt...I was *def* watching it at like 1am...why do you think I never made it online? :lol:

And I now *finally* understand the .."Look Edge a beach ball" references! :cute: :laugh:

MUCCA! :hug: :hyper:

I'm extremely curious...what is your assessment of it...how do you think Boston and Slane compare??

:lol:

Oh god yesterday was amazing!!!! :hyper:

They sounded absolutely great!!! I was screaming at the top of lungs in every song :hyper: My voice still hasn't completely recovered from yesterday though :huh:

I didn't get to meet the band yesterday....they were apparently alreayd in the building recording :sigh::(
Hope they'll come out today :(

Here's the cutest thing! Edge was doing a shuffles across the front of the stage during, I think it was Sunday Bloody Sunday :cute: And when he was running up and down the ramps it was like he was a little kid completely hyped!

Everything happened so fast, I dind't even get a chance to absorb everything!

VintagePunk said:

I'm extremely curious...what is your assessment of it...how do you think Boston and Slane compare??

Another one of your terrible influences, the whole time I was watching it, I was, in the back of my head, comparing the two after what you said! :laugh::hug:
Of course..I was going this at 1am....and then at 3am I watched U2 profile on MMMusic :lol:...because who needs sleep anyway?
Anyhoo...
I love both of them..but, I think you're right. The whole band seems much more relaxed and stuff in Slane, more jokes, more goofiness, more smiles :drool:...and more cute lil dances :cute:
I had a theory going that the reason for this is that they get more stuff thrown at them......:laugh:...my theories are weird at 1am....
Oooh! and in the bonus track...of MW..lil Eve!!!:cute: :heart: And she dances better than me..*sigh*
Oh, the other thing that was noticeable was B's emotions were much more closer to the surface, for understandable reasons...
Anyway..this made sense when I started it.......ah well

Did you get any sleep my dear clone?
ANd do you want 5 mins of your life back b/c of that email I sent? :lol:

Mucca, I was SO happy to see you had made it into the shoot!! :hug: :hug: Must have been incredible.

Yesterday on this Toronto news station, they kept running brief clips from the shoot...showed a bit of Bono singing (although the announcer was talking over that part :mad: ), and showed people outside in line...I kept looking for you. :lol:

VintagePunk said:
Mucca, I was SO happy to see you had made it into the shoot!! :hug: :hug: Must have been incredible.

Yesterday on this Toronto news station, they kept running brief clips from the shoot...showed a bit of Bono singing (although the announcer was talking over that part :mad: ), and showed people outside in line...I kept looking for you. :lol:

:hug::hug:

It was so fun!! Although the people around me were just sort of casual fans, so by the time they played COBL for the 3rd time they were already sick and tired of it. THe girl beside me was like "you could hear this song 10 more times couldn't you?" :lol:

The people behind me started talking about sausages after awhile....:laugh:

They had brief clips of the lineup from a birds eye view and my mom recorded it. I was a little tiny spec.

Mucca said:

It was so fun!! Although the people around me were just sort of casual fans, so by the time they played COBL for the 3rd time they were already sick and tired of it. THe girl beside me was like "you could hear this song 10 more times couldn't you?" :lol:

They had brief clips of the lineup from a birds eye view and my mom recorded it. I was a little tiny spec.

:happy:
It sounds amazing! :hug:

Were they *irish* sausages? :D :laugh:
Perhaps Wild caught an overseas flight..:hmm:

Where'd M4P go??

MBS said:
Mucca! :hyper:
I'm so thrilled you got in!!! I had my fingers crossed all day! lol
I'll have to look for you in the vid now :)
:hug:

I hope they didn't cut me out cause when the camera came at me on the floor I was sort of in shock for a bit so I just stared at the camera for awhile :huh: :lol:

Not irish sausages unfortunately :laugh:

MBS said:

Another one of your terrible influences, the whole time I was watching it, I was, in the back of my head, comparing the two after what you said! :laugh::hug:
Of course..I was going this at 1am....and then at 3am I watched U2 profile on MMMusic :lol:...because who needs sleep anyway?
Anyhoo...

Arrrgh. Had written out a lengthy response, hit send, and then got a message that there were too many icons used...and lost my response. :madspit:

Will try again...

Your e-mails are *always* welcomed and appreciated. :hug: I briefly responded last night.

I've always wondered if my preference for Slane is because I saw it before Boston (much like one's "first Bono" always being their favourite)...but I don't think so. He, and the rest of the band seem like they're hanging out with a bunch of friends, rather than performing. Maybe due to circumstances, or maybe a result of being home?? And I think he does smile a lot more in Slane, which is always a plus for me. :drool:

Mucca said:

Eons ago, I went to see this band that I was only a casual fan of, and pre-concert, they did a video shoot...after about the 10th repetition of the song, we ended up leaving. :lol: It's too bad that more hard-core fans couldn't have made it in.

:lol: what vid was it for?

I wish they'd have done 10 repetitions, then I might've been able to get the yellow wristband from the person beside me to get into the elipse! :tongue:

I really need to get my hands on these DVD's, especially that boston one! I must see this beach ball thing!! :laugh:

Mucca, the beach ball thing is on Slane.
Bono: "Oh look Edge, a beach ball."
Edge: *cracks up*

:lmao:

The video was for a band called Honeymoon Suite....they probably disbanded before you were even born. :lol:

VintagePunk said:

Arrrgh. Had written out a lengthy response, hit send, and then got a message that there were too many icons used...and lost my response. :madspit:

Will try again...

Your e-mails are *always* welcomed and appreciated. :hug: I briefly responded last night.

I've always wondered if my preference for Slane is because I saw it before Boston (much like one's "first Bono" always being their favourite)...but I don't think so. He, and the rest of the band seem like they're hanging out with a bunch of friends, rather than performing. Maybe due to circumstances, or maybe a result of being home?? And I think he does smile a lot more in Slane, which is always a plus for me. :drool:

I *hate* when that happens, but I must be lucky, cause usually if I hit the back button, I can save my response.

:laugh: I got your response :hug: :hug: I hope things are going better npw? :hug:
...I also read what I wrote you....and died laughing at myself *shakes head*

You're right, the interact alot more, not just B with the others, but the other 3 amongst themselvles. :yes:...I figure part of that is cause of what was going on, part must be because they were home, and part I think they were just feeding from the crowd. :heart:
Slane just made me laugh more than Boston did...the beachball thing, his lil dances, and when someone threw like a bucket of water on him :laugh:

VintagePunk said:
Mucca, the beach ball thing is on Slane.
Bono: "Oh look Edge, a beach ball."
Edge: *cracks up*

:lmao:

The video was for a band called Honeymoon Suite....they probably disbanded before you were even born. :lol:

:lol: Oops my mistake :reject:

Well I've never heard of them so you're probably right.

Ok, definately going to get the Slane DVD when I managed to get out of my debt :huh:

lookedgeabeachball.gif

Look Edge! a beach ball!

Mucca, was last night the night you had the seats behind the stage, or is that tonight?

Bri...19.99?? The most I've seen if for there is 16.99 :madspit:

Even still...worth every penny. :drool:

Back
Top Bottom