The First Ever General Pleban Party....get your U2 fixing here!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
susanp6 said:
Hi again DG! I'm addicted to looking thru all the celeb mags over here too! Those&the blue crack are so addictive! :huh:

I know! Do you read Hello and OK? They're imported here at a Barnes and Noble near me. I usually don't buy them because they're a bit expensive.

I get to read thru them in the shop!!! The shops here are v tolerant of customers just flicking thru mags! There are others i look at more than Hellp!&Ok! Star is one we get here, but the mags i look at most are Heat, New&Now! Have you heard of any of those? I can imagine how expensive Hello!&Ok are over there on import, as they're about £2 each here! :huh:

Vertigo is on the radio!!!!! FEEEEEEEEELLLLL!!!! :drool: :drool:

I love all of those mags. I usually cheat and sit in B&N and read them. I love that they don't hassle you about buying them. Its a guilty pleasure.

I got the San Jose bootlegs in the mail today and I've been listening to show one. Bono just said this before Pride.

"I made it thru the 80's with a mullet. I can survive the 90's thinking I can dance."

I hate to tell ya, Bono, honey, but um its way past the 90's and you still can't dance. :b

Russty Cat said:
I love all of those mags. I usually cheat and sit in B&N and read them. I love that they don't hassle you about buying them. Its a guilty pleasure.

I got the San Jose bootlegs in the mail today and I've been listening to show one. Bono just said this before Pride.

"I made it thru the 80's with a mullet. I can survive the 90's thinking I can dance."

I hate to tell ya, Bono, honey, but um its way past the 90's and you still can't dance. :b

:giggle: But we love him anyways...

I get all the mags and sit there reading them, along with my huge pile of books. I might be working at B+N soon :drool:. The have my 4 loves: movies, music, books, and starbucks!(well they do at the one I'm applying to). What more could I ask for?

Russty Cat said:

*SNERK* Entertaining to watch him try though :wink:

Hi Russty cat! I'm from Scotland&just thought i'd introduce myself before bedtime! :wink:

It's great looking thru all the mags eh?

daygloeyes2 said:

I might be working at B+N soon :drool:. The have my 4 loves: movies, music, books, and starbucks!(well they do at the one I'm applying to). What more could I ask for?

good for you...hope it works out!

def books & music for me :heart:. I really enjoy movies at times but on a pretty limited income....art/art & craft supplies, some take out & some eating modest $ meals out by myself or with friends, having to pay for the longer 4 hr pass at internet cafe {often 1x's/wk, occasional {traditional}film & developingthen the rare CD here & there, the rare book, the raRE r&r CONCERT rare travel outside of NYC {too damn expensive :mad:} some Science Fiction related stuff-- movies end up coming in around #12. Except when its an SF Movie i really want to see...that goes up to a 1 or 2 for it's thearter run :D !

Last edited:
Hi Susan. :D Your up pretty late. hehe I'm so jealous your in Scotland. I'm in California. Wanna trade? lol

I would love to work at a B&N. My big down fall is books, movies, and music. I'm on a very limited budget, cuz we are a one income family with two kids. But somehow I always work in the odd cd or book. You have to have your little things in life.

The stinky thing is that our B&N doesn't carry much music and no movies. I live in a smaller town and they said we don't have enough population for them to carry the full load. Stinky corporate mongers. lol

Its dinner time here so I'm off to cook something up. See ya all later. Nighty night to all our European buddies. Sweet U2 dreams. :D

Well, i'm off to my bed folks! I'm tired&i've been bad the last few nites! :wave:

back here again....i only have 20 mins left so i exited melpop's ireland/met bono thread which i just started reADIng...

btw can any one who is a premium member search in for Melpop's original "roll" story...I went back abut 6 pages...didn't see it. :huh:.
get tired of scrolling...afterawhile. i could have misseD it. within those 6 pges. the other thread on pg 1 is those asking for the vid clip again...which i've seen already :shocked: :jealous: :drool: whhooaa!...but i've never read her story.

Last edited:
dazzledbylight said:
dg when are you seeing u2 ? i thot it was soon.....

I'm going to see them December 4th...but I'm going down to the box office at the fleetcenter the 28th to try to get tickets for that show since they usually release some tickets the day of it. My goal is to go to at least 1 show per month U2 is in Boston. I'm already going in December, now I need to conver May and October.:wink:

daygloeyes2 said:

I'm going to see them December 4th...but I'm going down to the box office at the fleetcenter the 28th to try to get tickets for that show since they usually release some tickets the day of it. My goal is to go to at least 1 show per month U2 is in Boston. I'm already going in December, now I need to conver May and October.:wink:

rriighttt....you did mention the 28th....a while back....good luck :up:

I haven't visited Boston in....? nearly 20 yrs....I did enjoy it.

when i still had more money to travel....a particular interest got me back to visiting Philly vs Boston... Now i don't have too much extra income for bigger purchases or pursuits....

hopefully some year..... but Chicago is my first goal when i get that kind of traveling money again, bc i've never been there and i want to visit it.

BondAdam.jpg

"The name is Clayton. Adam Clayton."

(As I said in the caption thread, this pic makes me think of Bond - except in this case, the villain kicks Bond's ass :wink: )

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom