The Dude pen is in Bono's car!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

miss-U2

Refugee
okay, there we go!!

i have just got back from dublin, so please, forgive me, :yawn: i am really tired and :rolleyes:... so i think i will have to post again alter, cause it won't be clear and i am sure i will forget to say something important :lol:

so, how to start?? :scratch:

well, i went to dublin yesterda (so friday) to meet someone from interference, arienh :)wave: )

i went to The study in the Clarence to wait for her, with the dude pen and the letters in my bag!! at 12.40, i was there for only 10minutes, when i saw this guy... standing in front of the study, near the lift, waiting for something... 2 seconds after, i realised it was Guggi :shocked: he looked at me :eek: i was like "oh my, what di u have to do?? do u have to go and talk to him?? and oh my gosh, maybe bono is coming soon??!!!" well i was :coocoo: a few minutes later, he left with a waiter (towards temple bar side)

here's a pic of what i could see from where i was sitting, the lift is just on the left after the door, and guggi was standing on the right hand side of the lift, just in front of this wood stuff (not even a door actually)

3398789923232%7Ffp54%3Dot%3E2327%3D657%3D%3B%3A8%3DXROQDF%3E23234%3A2465752ot1lsi

more stories to follow, i prefer to post little by little, cos i don't wanna lose everything like it already did twice

so, arienh arrived at 1pm... i jumped on her :"geez, guggi was jsut right here, my god, what does that mean?? is bono here too?? aaahhhhh :crazy:"

we talked for a while in the study, then, we went to the bedroom, it was something like 2pm... we stayed 3minutes there, and we went down and left the clarence by the entrance on the quay side... and there :faint: was this big car that i knew :yes:

so my heart started beating sooo fast, i went very quickly(almost running) to the back of the car and looked at the number plate :shocked: my heart stopped :faint: i shouted "that's His car!! that's Bono's car!! hiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii what do we have to do??? do we have to stay here??? or go inside?? or just leave?? :coocoo:"

here's the pic of the car, the entrance of the clarence is on the left hand side (u can't see it), and sorry, i hid the number plate, just in case some bad people are reading here:

3398789923232%7Ffp54%3Dot%3E2327%3D657%3D%3B%3A8%3DXROQDF%3E23234%3A2465746ot1lsi

i really didnot know what to do.... i knew i had this stuff to deliver, so i didnot want to miss him... there were 2 guys, staying at the clarence, taking pics of the car... so i was like ":huh: we are not the only fans!!"

we went back in, and started looking everywhere, in the study, in the bar etc... we probably jsut missed him in the lift (could u imagine, being in a lift with bono :drool: )

we finally decided to stay in the study... when we will see him passing from the lift to the door, we will go and stop him (if u take a look at the first pic i posted, the door to go out is on the right hand side, and the lift on the left, so... he has to pass jsut in front of the study!!)

while we were waiting, we met these 2 guys, from scotland, Paul and Paul (father and son) :lol:
i put the dude pen and the letters on our table, with my camera... and we sat at the boys' table... but from this table, we couldnot see the lift...
here's a pic, so that u can understand...the boys were sitting at the table in the corner, with the green seats(the door of the study is on the right hand side), we were sitting with them, most of the time, except when i got back to our table to check the dude pen was still okay!!

3398789923232%7Ffp54%3Dot%3E2327%3D657%3D%3B%3A8%3DXROQDF%3E23234%3A2465748ot1lsi

well, a waitress told us (well told the boys!!) that she got bono's keys in her hand ( :ohmy: i wanted to take a pic, but :reject:) so he was leaving in a few minutes, she was shaking, cos she was going to see bono (she was new there :cute: )

i really didnot want to sit at the boys' table, cos of the view... we couldnot see anything!!! :crazy:

well, at 3pm,suddently, i saw someone, leaving.... from where i were sitting, i just could see the entrance of the clarence, i saw this door opening, and some hair... :scratch: my heart started beating fast again!!!
and then, the waitress came in the study and told us "he is leaving"
aaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!! nooooooo wayyyyyyy!!! i ran to my table, took the pen and the letter (forgot the camera) and i ran to bono, out of the study, passed in front of the reception, opened the door ( actually, almost broken the door) and i shouted: BONOOO :ohmy:

miss u2 you have to be one of the luckiest people alive!!!
What I wouldnt give right now to see Bono but seeing as I am recovering after major surgery it will be a little while before I see him again!!:sad:

I didnt realise that you could sit in The Study I thought you had to stay at the hotel to use that bar?
Next trip I'm in there!! :

:hyper: :hyper: :hyper:
This is sooooooooooooo exciting!! *jumps around house*
I was cooking my lunch,but I had to stop and read this. :D
Keep posting!!!I can't wait to know what happened after you shouted "Boooooono"!

Last edited:
so, back to bono....

i was stading between the entrance and his car, with the dude pen and the enveloppe with the letters inside... and i had just shouted "BONO" :lol:

he was getting in his car... but he stopped... remember that in ireland they drive on the left side, so the wheel was on the other side, not close to me i mean... well, look at the pic of the car, and imagine, i am standing on the pavement, and bono is on the other side of the car...

and he was soooooo :combust: no glasses on!! NO GLASSES ON!!!! :shocked: but he looked tired :hug:

so, after shouting, i said, "i wanted to give u something... "

actually i was still shouting, because of the noise of the street (i am thinking about these poeple waiting for the bus, seeing bono right here, and me, giving him this pen :lmao: )

so he said "oh really??" :cute: geez his voice :drool: so i got close to the car... and said: "do u remember this?" while showing the pen over the car... :lol: he smiled :faint: and said "what's this?" he tried to catch it but his arm was too short, so he came behind the car ( i did so too :wink: )

so, look at the pic, and imagine, BONO standing behing the car, with no glasses :ohmy:

while he was walking to me, i answered to his question "what's this".... "a friend of mine (yes kelly, ur a friend :love: ) gave it to u in atlanta ( at this stage, he said "ooohhhhh") and you forgot it on the table" and there, he said "yyyyeaaahhh that's right, oohh thank you" :cute:

and he had this smile on his face :combust: and this look :cute:

so he completely took the pen by himself, i mean he didnot wait for me to give it to him... like a kid: "that's mine :madspit: "

then i gave him the envelope, and he was like ":eyebrow: what's inside?" i said that was some letters from fans (souly and kelly, ur letters were inside!!!!
he said "oooh okay" :heart:

then he was coming back to the wheel side, when paul (u know, one of the fan with us) said ( cause he was there with me!!he stayed with me :wink: ) : "could we take a pic?" but i knew the answer would be "no", that's why i didnot ask, so, well, bono said "no, sorry, i really have to go, i am running late" (or something like that) and we came back in the Study...

that's not fisnished girls, that was just 3 pm!! so, lots of stuff were going to happen...

Yay! The journey of the dude pen is complete :hyper:

I'm not sure if he really remembered :lol:, but it was nice of him to say so :hug:

And souly, he has your note now :hyper:

Thank you Emilie :hug: :bow: I told my Mom and she smiled :cute:

My sister loves the pic of the pen in the clarence :lmao:

Last edited:
i am sure he remebered, u should have seen his face... really, he remembered :yes:

so, well, i really thought i was tired... exhausted!!!! :hug: but the worse is that it seems he had just cried... u know, his eyes were red :sad: and i dunno, he really didnot seemed okay :( i jsut wanted to hug him, when he was looking at me, with this smile and saying these nice words, i was like :cute: :hug: poor little thing, what's happened to u??

well, back to the study!! while the fan (paul) was recovering, i was shouting: " we have to go to the studios now!!!" he is going there!!! it is 3pm, that's his time at the studios!!! i swear, i am sure he is going there!!" :hyper:

but they were all like ":scratch: how do u know that??"
i dunno!!! but when i have a feeling, trust me!!! :crazy:

what they did... we took at taxi and went to the studios...

I am intrigued!!!

Thanks for clearing that up about The Study, I would love to stay at The Clarence but we go over to Dublin quite often so it would mean us missing out on a couple of trips!! I would rather have another trip for 4 days!!

Bono with no shades the stuff dreams are made off!!!!:drool:

Did you go down to the studio?

Having been to the Clarence in April, I'm thinking silly things like - ooh, I stood exactly where Bono's car is...ya think he's thinking the reverse? okay, probably not...oh well, what a cool story. I"m so glad the Dude pen has found its way home!

when we arrived at the studios, i saw sam's car parked... so i shouted (again, i always shouting :coocoo: ) "they are there!!!" then i saw that in front of the garage, the posts were not here so i shouted again and again "yyyyyeeeaaahhh!!" i don't know why i was sooo happy... maybe cos i really want arienh to meet them ( especially adam, he is her favourite!!)

i looked though the box letter of the garage, and there.... :faint: i saw the four cars... bono's one was there too :up:

i told them to trust me :lol:

miss-U2 said:

so he completely took the pen by himself, i mean he didnot wait for me to give it to him... like a kid: "that's mine :madspit: "

:lmao:

Very cute! Well done Emilie!

Girls how nuts am I? I just sent Miss U2 my resume so she can give it to Bono! :coocoo: Like she said, you never know.

Thanks Emilie! :hug:

SD

so, well, 2italians fans arrived at the same time... so when the band arrived there was nobody on the bench... i don't like that, cos they don't know fans are waiting in that case... :huh:

so, there were: Paul, Arienh, Anthony and his wife (the italians, he is the singer of a tribute band BTW,"kite") and me...

Paul left at 4.30, cos he wanted to take a shower or i dunno, but he told us he will be back at 7pm ( as i told him something happens very often at this time...) i tried to convince him to stay, cause he will miss them if not :yes: but...:eyebrow: he didnot trust me!! :lol:

kellyahern said:

True :wink:

I guess I'm just still a little worried about those "family emergency" rumors :(

yeah, i am too :sad: i have never seen him soo bad.. and god knows if i have seen him tired, at 1am or so... but not crying :sad:

:hug: :hug: :hug:

cheryl, don't worry, i will print ur resume in the week.... and in two weeks, i am back to dublin... i will give it to him there.... :up:

and BTW? if somebody wants me to give him something, send it to me now, it is gonna be too late after, so u will have to wait for the next time i will go to dublin....

Back
Top Bottom