The Duchess Of New York meets Bono at the UN Ceremony!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

U2Kitten

Blue Crack Addict
She's an online friend of mine, and she had an incredible experience meeting Bono in NYC at the UN Ceremony! She said it was okay to post her story!

The Duchess Of New York Meets Bono in New York

HE KISSED MY CHEEK! *FAINTS*
Last night in New York City! I finally had my moment with him! And it was brief but I will never, ever forget it!!! He is so...the best. Anyhow, I think I'm probably able to glow in the dark right about now.

OK, here's the dish session. The full story the best I can remember it. LOL And then I really have to get some sleep. LOL

He was sitting at a table and I was sitting at the opposite table, and he had a full table of various people he was entertaining. I didn't want to stare at him and make him uncomfortable but I couldn't help looking now and then. It was kind of torture to be "faraway, so close" to him...you know?
So then people gradually started to get up and leave, and the numbers dwindled a little. Eventually the remaining party got up to leave and Bono was one of the last to stand up, and I stood up as he was going to pass by and smiled at him, and he stopped and smiled back, and I said shyly, "Is it Ok if I say hello?" which is funny because someone said that to me once in a bar and I thought it was funny as hell. And now here I was saying it!
So then I explained what happened above when he said Sure it is...
and then I told him I had something for him, the essay, and he waited for me to dig it out of my purse, very patiently. and he was laughing and saying something about how women's purses were trouble. LOL
and I said yeah, it's the zippers...and then he took it and said thank you, and I said no, thank you very much...and I said could we take a photo and he said of course, and I asked someone to take it and he put his arm around me and mine around him and we smiled...and I remmeber looking over at him and the scar on his chin and thinking how cute it was, lol, and then he kind of squeezed or tickled my neck...and then we said goodnight and they left...and actually they paused and smiled at me and I think said something to each other but I didn't catch it. Maybe he asked if he had met me before or something, I don't know...
Anyway, that's all folks... :love:

33899%3A5923232%7Ffp8%3Enu%3D3234%3E9%3A3%3E4%3A8%3EWSNRCG%3D323254%3A757794nu0mrj

Here's a link to her special page with the pics:

http://www.geocities.com/duchessofnewyork/BonoNYC.html

Yes that's her online name and the one she wanted to be used :) She's very lucky and I'm so happy for her. She deserved that special moment :love: I wish I'd have one of my own someday!

The best photo is the one of her with Bono, the one I posted. The night I put them up my computer was too slow to save all of them, they were HUGE originally. I can't save them and post them now because I can't see it either. :( But there are no more of her with Bono. There is one of her alone, and one of Bono over some heads in the crowd, and one of Bono at the podium, very much like pics we've seen on the new pics thread. I'm sure the link will come back soon. I'll keep trying.

:wink: lol-i thought the same thing about her name! Anyway-thanks 4 sharing-gr8 memory 'eh? And your pic looks gr-8 with him! He's looking good-but definetly no 'youngin'!(looks aroung for somewhere to hide, avoid hurdlin' stuff! lol!!! I just Love Bono!

Which UN Ceremony was it???
was it held by the UNA of New York????
I'm only asking because I work with the UNA of Greater Boston, and we recently finished having our UN Day Ceremony..

U2Girl1978 said:
That girl was also outside Conan's studio when he was interviewing people! I also remember her at one of the shows I went to. That is so cool!

I thought that pic looked familiar! Isn't that the one that Conan asked if he could have it and then put his head on her body? I hope she got a chance to get it autographed by the man!

:wink: :laugh: Lol! I noticed conan's head was a lil' big in that pic..but did not notice Conan would be That short!! ha! the original DfNY must be thrillied at what happened to her famous pic!!1 ha-lol!:wink: :laugh:

Back
Top Bottom