The Dublin-related pics thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Our fair city at night:
dublin_night.jpg

I lovee this postcard I got there. It's exactly as I remember the city!
Dublin_postcard.jpg

This is inside one of the churches we visited. A town we all have heard of.. :(
Enniskillen.jpg

Here is a very close up of Bono's gates. One of my two favorite things on his gate- this shoe with "I have spread my dreams under your feet... tread softly" written above and below it.
gates2.jpg

souLnation2002 said:
olive, did you write something on his gate? :wink:

Nope! no way! I think his gates are more his artwork, and I wouldn' t want to engrave or write over them.

But I did write something outside the studio, probably on the bench. I'm sure it washed away, and can't even remember what I wrote (how do you sum up "i love you" without saying that? :shrug:

THe path besides Bono's house that runs down to the water is covered in graffiti/messages. I didn't write anything there either but took a picture of this zooman.
Carrie_path.jpg

oliveu2cm said:

Nope! no way! I think his gates are more his artwork, and I wouldn' t want to engrave or write over them.

But I did write something outside the studio, probably on the bench. I'm sure it washed away, and can't even remember what I wrote (how do you sum up "i love you" without saying that? :shrug:

Aww, that's cool. I remember this one time in Paris (the only time, actually) we were on top of the Effiel Tower, and I wrote my name on the side! :D I wonder if it's still there :hmm:

...i've got no idea how this is relates to the topic on hand, lol sorry :laugh:

oliveu2cm said:

THe path besides Bono's house that runs down to the water is covered in graffiti/messages. I didn't write anything there either but took a picture of this zooman.
Carrie_path.jpg

Cute pic! The Zooman looks quite like Edge, actually...

souLnation2002 said:

Aww, that's cool. I remember this one time in Paris (the only time, actually) we were on top of the Effiel Tower, and I wrote my name on the side! :D I wonder if it's still there :hmm:

...i've got no idea how this is relates to the topic on hand, lol sorry :laugh:

Cute pic! The Zooman looks quite like Edge, actually...

If I ever get to the top of the Effiel Tower I'll check :laugh: :up:

Maybe the edge drew it :hmm:

This has totally inspired me to add my travel journal to my website. :wink:

souLnation2002 said:

I'm really lovin' your journal, Olive! :love:

At Madame Tussaud's, did you take a picture with David Beckham? :D

why thank you! :) :happy:

David Beckham is at Madam Tussaud's?! :banghead:
I didn't really know of him then though :reject:
Reason #400 to go back again! :happy:

I love Dublin, there is a webcame where you can watch places around Dublin and I think you can watch the Clarence! lol I would post pics but my computer is being really slow because I am making a cd and I can't open many webpages for some reason. I shall do it tomorrow!

I WILL go soon!!! I made plans with two friends to meet up and it'll be GREAT! :combust:

You have to go for food at Captain americas - everytime I go nobody else seems to take interest on the things on the wall - I make sure I disturb everyones meals and walk between the tables, lol.

Are the people you meeting posters here too? I live near Dublin, well sort of.

oliveu2cm said:
I think his gates are more his artwork,

That's really cool if that's the case.

Also, these pictures of yours are awesome, olive! I particularly like the one of the church where Bono and Ali got married. But all of these are wonderful. What a beautiful city.

*Underlines "Visit Dublin" a bunch of times on her list of things to do in her lifetime*

I also like the other pictures in this thread-particularly the very first one in this thread. :cute: :bono: :).

Angela

Aralitia said:
You have to go for food at Captain americas - everytime I go nobody else seems to take interest on the things on the wall - I make sure I disturb everyones meals and walk between the tables, lol.

:shifty: that's what I did too. I have pics of some stuff in there I can upload later.

Aralitia, I love the Petit Prince. I gave Bono that book when I met him. :heart:

Moonlit_Angel said:

That's really cool if that's the case.

Also, these pictures of yours are awesome, olive! I particularly like the one of the church where Bono and Ali got married. But all of these are wonderful. What a beautiful city.

*Underlines "Visit Dublin" a bunch of times on her list of things to do in her lifetime*

I also like the other pictures in this thread-particularly the very first one in this thread. :cute: :bono: :).

Angela

Thanks Angela!

I'm 99% certain Bono and Gavin contributed to designing and decorating his front gates.

Here's a couple more pictures of them from various sites:
gates3.jpg

The top of this one you can see written: "Everything You Know Is Wrong"
018.jpg

oliveu2cm said:

:shifty: that's what I did too. I have pics of some stuff in there I can upload later.

Aralitia, I love the Petit Prince. I gave Bono that book when I met him. :heart:

I have only read the French version but I do have the Eglish version too.

There were about 8 of us crammed into the table beside Larry's drumstick, lol

oliveu2cm said:
Thanks Angela!

You're welcome. :).

Originally posted by oliveu2cm
I'm 99% certain Bono and Gavin contributed to designing and decorating his front gates.

Here's a couple more pictures of them from various sites:
gates3.jpg

The top of this one you can see written: "Everything You Know Is Wrong"
018.jpg

Hehe, awesome! :up:. And it wouldn't surprise me if they decorated the gates. I like the idea of them hanging out, laughing and writing and drawing various fun things on the gates.

Also, you got to give Bono a book when you met him, eh? Very cool. What a nice thing to think about-him reading a book you gave him.

Angela

Moonlit_Angel said:

Also, you got to give Bono a book when you met him, eh? Very cool. What a nice thing to think about-him reading a book you gave him.

Angela

Thanksss, yeah it is very cool! He probably had read it before or whatever, but I had carried that damn book with me to every single show I went to :lol: it has special memories with me and i knew it would resonate with him. When I saw Bono it was all I could say (literally, about 7 times I just said "bono this is for you" and when i realized he understood it was a gift, not me wanting an autograph, and that he had it in his hands, i literally had not one thought in my head... I just stared at him like this: :love: ...although I swear I heard angels singing ;))

:faint:

But yeah, that is cool- bono reading something I gave him. :) :angel:

oliveu2cm said:
Thanksss, yeah it is very cool! He probably had read it before or whatever, but I had carried that damn book with me to every single show I went to :lol: it has special memories with me and i knew it would resonate with him. When I saw Bono it was all I could say (literally, about 7 times I just said "bono this is for you" and when i realized he understood it was a gift, not me wanting an autograph, and that he had it in his hands, i literally had not one thought in my head... I just stared at him like this: :love: ...although I swear I heard angels singing ;))

:faint:

But yeah, that is cool- bono reading something I gave him. :) :angel:

LOL, aww, olive...:hug:. What an incredibly sweet story. :).

Something tells me Bono really appreciates things like that, 'cause, like your sig's quote says, it shows that you know him quite well enough to give him things you think will interest him(and perhaps inspire him musically-now wouldn't that add on to the bliss of knowing he's reading a book you gave him!) based on what you've heard him sing about, and also talk about.

Angela

These thread makes me remember the wonderful July I had in Dublin. I **NEED** to come back again! :scream: :scream: :scream:

And also reminds me that my host family is waiting for my letter, ouch!

You can find some of my pics here: http://forum.interference.com/t80212.html

* edited to say that the pics are not available because of the stupid snapfish :mad:

Last edited:
I read somewhere that Charlie Whisker did the gates....there is a face on there just like the Zooropa baby that he painted on Windmill Lane.

Not that I've stared at Bono's gates or anything, I just 'happened' to be walking past there once....;)

Jim said:
I read somewhere that Charlie Whisker did the gates....there is a face on there just like the Zooropa baby that he painted on Windmill Lane.

Not that I've stared at Bono's gates or anything, I just 'happened' to be walking past there once....;)

Oh this does sound very familiar!!! I think he did contribute.. I remember reading it when his exhibit was in Dublin a couple years ago. :up:

I love when the coincidences in life lead a person to walk by Bono's gates... :angel: ;)

Back
Top Bottom