The day Bono got chili flicked in his eye...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SimplyConfused

War Child
Bowie was right! There IS life on Mars! Well, Newc
My drama teacher was telling me today of how she met Bono and managed to flick chili onto his Fly glasses. I was laughing so much!

Her and her team (if you will) were doing the lighting etc for this thing and U2 were recieving an award and performing at the same thing. Anywho, they're back stage and there is food. She's in a band and the drummer of her band was putting rice in her hair (as you do...) so she just got a spoon, filled it with chili and flicked it at him. But he moved out of the way. Who was standing behind him? Yes, Bono. So he gets this big blob of chili on his Fly glasses and he's just standing there, it dripping. So my drama teacher goes over to him with a tissue saying, "I'm so sorry," but the tissue had rice in it so that stuck to the chili. Now, she says she's never heard the Edge laugh but he was pissing himself with laughter! And Bono's just saying: "I cannit fooking believe it!" (Irish accent here) Of course he'd be annoyed because U2 were just about to perform. God that woulda been funny. It's one of those 'Wish I were there' moments.

I'd have been MORTIFIED, LOL! Laughing on the inside but sincerely sorry as well. Bad times for Bono, but apparently very good for the Edge :lmao:

Back
Top Bottom