The Day After - Post Superbowl Thoughts

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Originally posted by ms.hewson:
I think that they looked like they might want to go back out on tour real soon
smile.gif

Yep- completely awesome (at 1.30 am in the UK). Roll on Hyde ParK - London, Holland - with Mr & Mrs Edge and (a return to 1983) Phoenix Park - Dublin - apparently, biggest show ever, even more than 150,000+ in Italy for POP.

Mike

Anyway, I loved it. And in class today, my students were all raving about how good it was and asking me if I taped it. Since I taped it, they want me to bring it and show it during class. I may just have to, if I can control myself every time they show the mesh shirt!
biggrin.gif

[/B][/QUOTE]

sure you can, or at least give tbe appearance of doing so !!!

Mike - UK (still titred from staying up

BTW - Beautiful Day on Virgin radio in the Uk now - yay

Remember when it was first announced, last November, that U2 was going to perform at halftime at the SuperBowl and many of us here had second thoughts? Like, hmmm, not a real smart idea, guys, is this really necessary, blah blah blah? eewww, superbowl...

Was this not one of the SMARTEST moves they could have made? Oh how could I have ever doubted them?

**still reading more glowing reviews and loving it**

Haha, I have to admit that my thoughts were immediately directed to what PLEBA would say about that wonderful shirt of Larry's too!!!
Mocool-oh you know girl. Total asshole.

Love,
SloMo

it was so beautiful, mlk was PERFECT and so, so lovely.
by the way, one of my college profs, (who rather enjoys making fun of me because of my bono obsession
smile.gif
) said that it changed his perception of u2. he said before he thought they were sell-outs, but that their performance was about as classy and "non-sell-outish" as one could get
smile.gif

fabulous day for u2 and their fans!!

That performance was so appropriate, so rocking, so everything I've come to expect from U2.

And when I watched it again on tape, it seemed even better the second time. The choice of MLK was perfect.

Yes, Larry's mesh shirt. First thought: OMG! Larry looks fookin' hot! Second thought: PLEBA is gonna have a field day with that shirt!

Anyway, I loved it. And in class today, my students were all raving about how good it was and asking me if I taped it. Since I taped it, they want me to bring it and show it during class. I may just have to, if I can control myself every time they show the mesh shirt!
biggrin.gif

------------------
U2 @ The Blooming Heart

Well I think it was amazing! They sounded amazing, they looked amazing, and the overall feeling of the whole thing was AMAZING!!!! Maybe that's why I've been awake since before the game yesterday!!!!
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

------------------
nan
MacPhisto made me do it

<clarity> moobs + mesh = Larry heaven

Back
Top Bottom