The College Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

WildHonee

Mr. MacPhisto's Loo Cleaner
here it is

------------------
~*Mona*~
ani_bono.gif

LOVE me, give me SOUL

Kick start my rock 'n rollin? heart. ~J.E.W.

"I think I just said I was smart there - I'm sorry about that." ~Bono

"I...I had a one night stand with the Discoteque video" ~Mona
The Man Corral

LOL
wink.gif

Thanks, Mona
smile.gif

My name is hippy and I attend the University of Miami, Coral Gables, FL...

I feel like an alcoholic or something...
wink.gif

------------------
ALOTWU!!!!

"This is very un-hip, you know, having the bleeding heart here...I've a reputation to live down to." -Bono

Create Light, Create Unity, Create Joy, CREATE PEACE!

[This message has been edited by hippyactress (edited 02-24-2002).]

WELL. OK Have at it now.

em......I don't know what to do with this thread.

------------------
~*Mona*~
ani_bono.gif

LOVE me, give me SOUL

The Man Corral

LOL Mona... okay I have a question:

Where would you recommend I look into if I was interested in...

- Medicine?
- Astrophysics?

------------------
~*~?~*~ Katie ~*~?~*~
"Now America looks smart and, dare I say it, sexy again." ~ Bono, 2000

She is the dreamer
She's imagination

Originally posted by wildhoney22:
LOL Mona... okay I have a question:

Where would you recommend I look into if I was interested in...

- Medicine?
- Astrophysics?

MY but you must be a smart one. All's I know is colleges round these parts. Em....*drowns in own thread*

------------------
~*Mona*~
ani_bono.gif

LOVE me, give me SOUL

The Man Corral

As much as I hate to say this...

Miami actually has one of the best Schools of Medicine in the country...and we have one of the best research programs, too. So if you wanna do medicine, but more specifically, research in medicine...this might be the place to look...just a suggestion.

------------------
ALOTWU!!!!

"This is very un-hip, you know, having the bleeding heart here...I've a reputation to live down to." -Bono

I just realized I'm a female Edge
biggrin.gif

[This message has been edited by wildhoney22 (edited 02-24-2002).]

LOL! Aw. I'm a female Bono
biggrin.gif

OK SURVEY-- who's going to college next year or soon?

meeeeee

------------------
~*Mona*~
ani_bono.gif

LOVE me, give me SOUL

The Man Corral

Originally posted by WildHonee:
OK SURVEY-- who's going to college next year or soon?

I might be graduating early... so maybe meeee!

And thanks so much for that info. Hippy (((((hugs))))) I think I'd want to do research instead of a traditional doctor because blood and the thought of being responsible for another person's LIFE terrifies me... but I do wish I could yell all those orders like they do on ER
biggrin.gif

------------------
~*~?~*~ Katie ~*~?~*~

She is the dreamer
She's imagination

I think I'd want to do research instead of a traditional doctor because blood and the thought of being responsible for another person's LIFE terrifies me... but I do wish I could yell all those orders like they do on ER
biggrin.gif

LOL Katie...maybe you should look at Miami...

PS. They also take most ALL AP credits...I know you've been talking about some of those tests...

------------------
ALOTWU!!!!

Ok let's give this thread a little direction...
smile.gif

1. Where do/did you go to college
2. If you haven't been, where are you applying.
3. If you haven't decided where to apply, what kind of program are you looking for?
4. Do you have any extracurricular activities that you participate in? (PLEBA doesn't count)
smile.gif

And basically just ask questions...we PLEBAn's are all over the world, so maybe we can help the youngun's out and give them pointers about the college world!

Fishy (who sudenly feels like a mom) EEP!

------------------
The Macphisto Society
Being Bad Never Looked So Good

Wednesday + MPS = NAKED TIME!!!

"Except it may have been Care Bears" ~Opal

By the way...I attended

Union University in Jackson, TN
~Majored in Christian Studies

I am currently attending

Towson University
~Majoring in Art(Painting Focus)

Fishy

Originally posted by hippyactress:
LOL Katie...maybe you should look at Miami...

PS. They also take most ALL AP credits...I know you've been talking about some of those tests...

Oooh... this is sounding interesting

I was looking into Boston, but I am sick of New England weather, and Boston is too close to home (only an hour and a half - unexpected visits), and it sounds like Miami might have what I want (and my parents wouldn't mind me going to Florida... they've been looking to move there after I graduate)

And it's good that they take AP credits cause I don't take those classes for fun, you know....thanks so much for the help Hippy!
smile.gif

------------------
~*~?~*~ Katie ~*~?~*~

She is the dreamer
She's imagination

2. If you haven't been, where are you applying. I applied to
1. Catholic University (I wanna go there SO BADLY)
2. Georgetown ($$$$$$$)
3. University of Maryland (I got in, but it's too big, and I don't wanna go there. I WON'T!)

3. If you haven't decided where to apply, what kind of program are you looking for? BTW I have no idea what to major in. I used to want to do English and teach it or something. But my English teacher this year makes me not want to anymore. Now I just want to be Bruce Springsteen.

4. Do you have any extracurricular activities that you participate in? (PLEBA doesn't count) DAD you should see my resume. It's disgustingly long. *over acheiver) My favorite thing was always drama and choir, though.

------------------
~*Mona*~
ani_bono.gif

LOVE me, give me SOUL

The Man Corral

Junior at Wheaton College but only becuase I didn't get into my first two choices
frown.gif
. Majoring in art history. Minoring in English as well as doing an independent minor in Irish studies.

I am currently a senior at Bowling Green State University in Bowling Green, Ohio.

My major is English lit, minor is Popular Culture. We're the only university in the U.S. that offers a degree in pop culture--very cool program that usually is mentioned in the Rolling Stone college issues. I plan on either being a writer for some kind music publication (or of books!) or else I'd love to work for a record company, something like that...

smile.gif

------------------
Show a little faith
There's magic in the night

And it's good that they take AP credits cause I don't take those classes for fun, you know....thanks so much for the help Hippy!
smile.gif

Hell yeah, I know
wink.gif
But it pays off...TRUST me (I'm already a junior
biggrin.gif
)

Originally posted by WildHonee:
3. If you haven't decided where to apply, what kind of program are you looking for? BTW I have no idea what to major in. I used to want to do English and teach it or something. But my English teacher this year makes me not want to anymore. Now I just want to be Bruce Springsteen.

4. Do you have any extracurricular activities that you participate in? (PLEBA doesn't count) DAD you should see my resume. It's disgustingly long. *over acheiver) My favorite thing was always drama and choir, though.

Dood, Mona, I swear we're related or something
wink.gif

Who's an English Lit major with an eye to being a teacher?
And who was the drama and choir queen in middle and high school?

Don't let stupid teachers discourage you from doing something you really want to do...I almost let that happen, and it wasn't pretty. If you want to be a teacher, be a teacher. And be a better one than the teacher you have now is!
smile.gif
Follow those dreams, woman! (And btw, if you ever become Bruce...I'm your biggest fan
biggrin.gif
)

------------------
ALOTWU!!!!

i'm going to Monterey Peninsula College.

this is my 3rd attempt at college.

i am taking English and Yoga.

i hope to eventually transfer to the Academy of Art in San Francisco.

i wish everyone who is getting ready to graduate H.S. the best of luck on getting accepted to the college they want to go to. i know what a struggle it can be.

xoxo,
chelsea

Originally posted by ~LadyLemon~:
I am currently a senior at Bowling Green State University in Bowling Green, Ohio.

Oh my dad!!!!!!

I'm going to BGSU next fall as a freshman! How crazy is that!? But we'll miss each other by a year, Lady.
frown.gif

So close and yet so far to meeting a PLEBAian!

------------------
MESH RULES!!!!!
(thanks to Bono's American Wife)

Love,
Emily

Visit my webpage for U2 wallpapers:
www.geocities.com/springtime5348/index.html

Dood, Mona, I swear we're related or something
wink.gif

Don't let stupid teachers discourage you from doing something you really want to do...I almost let that happen, and it wasn't pretty. If you want to be a teacher, be a teacher. And be a better one than the teacher you have now is!
smile.gif
Follow those dreams, woman! (And btw, if you ever become Bruce...I'm your biggest fan
biggrin.gif
)

I find a new soulmate everyday
biggrin.gif

At school I'm the Relig Dept. Groupie
biggrin.gif
I sweat all those teachers. I call them my colleagues
smile.gif
One covo I had with one the other day:

MONA: OK so first we had career day and now we have to do this internship thing....I have NO CLUE what to do.

TEACHER: Well what do you want to do career wise?

MONA: Em...I either wanna be YOU or Bruce Springsteen.

TEACHER: So....you wanna teach?

MONA: No. I just want to be YOU.

TEACHER: Hm.

The internship. FECK. I don't know what I want to do. gah!! Lousy college thread. WHO started this anyway? Oh yeah...

------------------
~*Mona*~
ani_bono.gif

LOVE me, give me SOUL

The Man Corral

As of this very moment, I am in a random community college...but I will be possibly transfering to University of Florida...eventually after all is said and done, I will be a history teacher.

------------------
Dana

"U2 is hot."
-random girl from my math class.

University California Berkeley. Whee. Majoring in... wait for it... Middle Eastern Studies. Just haven't told the parents that yet! Pre-law! Who do they think I am? Case law... *shudder*

i hope i can post here...i'm more of a lurker on pleba...hehe
biggrin.gif

university of memphis

4. Do you have any extracurricular activities that you participate in? (PLEBA doesn't count)
smile.gif

ehhh i have no life.
frown.gif

btw wildhonee, my dad went to university of maryland waaaaay back when, and he told me when he saw my campus that it was as big as maryland was when he went, which was ummm *thinks* 30+ years ago lol...so yeah i can understand why you'd think it was too big. i can only imagine what it looks like today! (ooh yeah he went to the college park one btw)
biggrin.gif

------------------
why i see your face moving in the aerospace, white light shining you're all alone...
ME! all day, every day!
"...a poptart in pants..." -- elizabeth

LMAO! That just seems like it?d be some distorted version of the Shaft theme song... Holy crap that?s funny!
biggrin.gif

Ok, here?s me:
Currently I?m attending the University of Arizona. Next year, however, I?ll most likely trasfer to Norther AZ Univ. (which I hope isn?t a giant mistake). I DON?T HAVE A MAJOR, which kinda brings me down sometimes. I like to feel like I?m at least working toward something. Anyway, I basically have no left side to my brain, so I?m pretty much only good at creative-like stuff. (Wow I sound smart). Right now, I?m interested in studying art or music. What exactly, I don?t know.
So Fishy!! You?re studying painting? How long have you been doing it? What are the classes like?
And anyone else who is in the arty-type areas of study, help me out here! Please! I...beg of you!!!

Originally posted by mocool12:
LMAO! That just seems like it?d be some distorted version of the Shaft theme song... Holy crap that?s funny!
biggrin.gif

BUWAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

Who's the hippy studying Eng Lit?

Shaft!
biggrin.gif

------------------
ALOTWU!!!!

[This message has been edited by hippyactress (edited 02-24-2002).]

And anyone else who is in the arty-type areas of study, help me out here!

erm, well i don't know if you consider photography an art....but i've taken a few classes in college. everything depends on the teacher. if you have a good teacher, who is willing to answer your questions and give pointers, you will do wonderfully. if you get an over-critical, bastard who no matter how hard and long you worked on a project will grade you down for the slightest error, your going to have a hard time. i've had both types and i've found art teachers will either be great or horrible, i've yet to find an inbetween.

i don't know exactly what your looking for in music classes, whether it be composing or whatever....but i've found music appreciation classes to be very helpful. they are a general music class...the good classes talk about everything from composition to pop muzik.

i don't know if my babble helped any...but good luck!

xoxo,
chelsea

I'm a junior at King's College in Wilkes-Barre, PA. Double major in English and philosophy with a minor in women's studies.

I am a co-editor for the literary magazine and I sing for Mass choir. And I work at the bookstore.

------------------
If you cannot live together in here, you cannot live together out there, let me tell ya. --Bono

You've got to cry without weeping, talk without speaking, scream without raising your voice... --Bono

MOOKY! Always glad to chat it up with a fellow Phisto...
smile.gif

I have been painting since I was 13, but as far as officially studying it, well that's only been for two years. The cool thing is, in the 11 years since I started painting, you would think I would have learned all I could, but amazingly enough, I learn new techniques, tricks and hints all the time from my profs. I'm not sure how the program is set up at the places you are considering, but our progrma is really diverse. Even though I am a painting major, I have taken Sculpture, Ceramics, Clay Modeling, Photography, Printmaking, tons of art history, Design, and Graphics. And the sweet part is, they all count towards my major! Rock on. If you have specific questions let me know, but I don't want to bore you if this is not helpful, so let me know...

My classes are the best, it is really rewarding when you get the results you set out for, or even better, when you exceed your expectations. And hey...little to no papers...rock on.
smile.gif
You would think as much as I have mouth runs, that I would be good at writing papers, but alas...unless it involves, death, angels, phistos, and the like, I suck...lol...like I said over on the MPS, "MPS rocks becasue it doesn't require a conclusion"...I long for the day I get an assignment for a twenty page paper that says "Conclusion Optional" LOL

Fishy

------------------
The Macphisto Society
Being Bad Never Looked So Good

Wednesday + MPS = NAKED TIME!!!

"Except it may have been Care Bears" ~Opal

I went to Cal State Long Beach and my B. A. is in English Lit. and Asian Studies. Yes, I had a double major because I would shop the class schedule every semester and take whatever looked interesting, in addition to my English classes. My language was Sanskrit! (I had very encouraging parents AND the Cal State schools are relatively cheap.) Now I'm working on my Master's degree in Education at dear old CSULB.

------------------

She's a little lightheaded, so check on her in a few minutes -- my podiatrist, about me (again), 2-11-02

Back
Top Bottom