the clarence

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

celtophile

The Fly
Im sure most of us have pointed our browser in the direction of the site for the Clarence hotel at one point or another, but I was over at Travelocity.com just now cause when im bored at work I like to put in far flung destinations and just see how much it would cost for the weekend ya know, well anyway right now for this coming weekend.....

JFK to Dublin[flight] + 2 nights at the Clarence [For 2 people]=$1944

just in case anyone is feeling a bit of wanderlust next weekend....:blahblah:

:nerd:

So who out there has actually STAYED at the Clarence?

I haven't enough money... I'm like Arlecchino from the Commedia dell'Arte; I'm always hungry, always skint, and I bounce up and down a lot. I'm hungry right now! But I usually manage to scrap together enough money if I wanna go out with my mates... but a weekend at the Clarence? In my dreams!

ramblin rose said:
I spent a week at the Clarence in 2002. I would go back in a heartbeat.

In all of our hours together Rosa, you never told me that. sad: :sad: :sad: I stood in front of it in 2004, but never went in cause I knew the boys weren't in town.

I stood in front of it in August of '03. I think if I got together the money and it was an option I might :combust:

I hope the inside is just as nice as the outside looks.

I stayed there a couple of times and the beds are :drool:

My friends and I always drink there and the bar staff loves us because we are known for having spent 700 euros in 5 hours. :shifty: :lol:

Niamh_Saoirse said:
I stayed there a couple of times and the beds are :drool:

That's what stands out for me. When I go back I'm going to find out the exact bedding information...mattress, sheets, pillows, etc. I have never in my life slept in such a comfortable bed.

The breakfasts get an honorable mention. :wink:

I wish I had the money to stay there. I don't even have the money to go to Ireland. You guys are lucky.

lauramullen said:
I wish I had the money to stay there. I don't even have the money to go to Ireland. You guys are lucky.

Don't worry your not alone by the time I do get there I will be visiting them in the Clarence seniors home for Rock Stars!

JCOSTER said:
One day I will be there to stay, ONLY when the boys are in town!!!:wink:

Oh, to be there when the boys are in town :drool: :dreamer:

The Clarence, to go there, one of my dreams in life :reject:

I think all the PLEBA girls here could keep the Clarence in business.

:drunk:

I was there for two glorious nites in Sept'04! The beds are to die for!! :drool: After a 13 hour flight from LA it was even more amazing! Slept forever in those beds! I would go back in a heartbeat too! Can't wait to see Ireland again ! I miss it so much!:sad:

Oh, yeah the breakfasts were mighty yummy! :wink:

TheClarenceHotel.jpg

THECLARENCE2.jpg

The Promised Land...

{That's my fancy rental car in front} He he

celtophile said:
Im sure most of us have pointed our browser in the direction of the site for the Clarence hotel at one point or another, but I was over at Travelocity.com just now cause when im bored at work I like to put in far flung destinations and just see how much it would cost for the weekend ya know, well anyway right now for this coming weekend.....

JFK to Dublin[flight] + 2 nights at the Clarence [For 2 people]=$1944

just in case anyone is feeling a bit of wanderlust next weekend....:blahblah:

:nerd:

So who out there has actually STAYED at the Clarence?

What month did you search? 2k for the weekend from JFK means I may never go :(

How does the Clarence compare to other hotels in the area? I've never been to Europe, only Africa, but I want to see the Netherlands (where my fam is from) and the Englad, Ireland, Scottland area. Is it a super nice hotel? Any reasons to stay there as opposed to another nice hotel other than U2? I love sleeping and you guys are really getting me hooked describing the beds!

it's a super nice hotel yeah. i'm going to dublin in june (my flight only costs me around 50 $) for a week, wanted to stay a night at the clarence but it was totally booked for exactly that week. quite sure i know who's staying there in june :wink:

LivLuvAndBootlegMusic said:
How does the Clarence compare to other hotels in the area? I've never been to Europe, only Africa, but I want to see the Netherlands (where my fam is from) and the Englad, Ireland, Scottland area. Is it a super nice hotel? Any reasons to stay there as opposed to another nice hotel other than U2? I love sleeping and you guys are really getting me hooked describing the beds!

in addition to the amazing beds, the food is phenomenal. the ambience is not "fancy" in a stuffy way but is simple, modern, clean, slightly euro-chic. the staff are also incredibly attentive. it is expensive, but if you were planning on staying at a comparably priced hotel (like the Four Seasons) I'd go with the Clarence. It's a more unique experience.

I had a good dinner in the Tea Room with some good friends there last June, and in April '03 another group of friends and I started the evening with a few pints at the Octagon Bar. Flying there at the height of tourist season cancelled out spending a night there, but it was fun to dress up and go.

The screen fell off one of the windows onto the table next to us while we were there, and the people at the table just laughed and had their wine glasses refilled. I'm pretty sure if something like that happened at such a nice restaurant in the States, a scene would have been made and a free dinner would have been abandoned in a huff. One more reason to love the atmosphere in Ireland.

Back
Top Bottom