the clarence

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
digsy said:
after that much booze, i dont think anyone remembers! (or cares...!)
:drunk:

oh so you survived it :wink:
hehe how much money did you spend in total there, considering a bar visit costed you 700,.... :rolleyes: ?

I stayed there last week for St Paddy's day. It was fab, absolutely out of this world.

Hoping to get back over there either late summer or next Spring

Sal
x

ramblin rose said:

That's what stands out for me. When I go back I'm going to find out the exact bedding information...mattress, sheets, pillows, etc. I have never in my life slept in such a comfortable bed.

The breakfasts get an honorable mention. :wink:

Same here - I normally can't sleep in hotel beds, but the bed at the Clarence was the most comfortable bed I've ever slept in.

I want to go back now!!!

Sal
x

Galeongirl said:

oh so you survived it :wink:
hehe how much money did you spend in total there, considering a bar visit costed you 700,.... :rolleyes: ?

well, over a 1000 euros for sure!

And, part of that group is having another drinking session next week!

Niamh_Saoirse said:

well, over a 1000 euros for sure!

And, part of that group is having another drinking session next week!

awww I wish I could go with them :wink: ok in Ireland it would be illegal for me to drink, but not in my country ;)

Been in Dublin in Feb. 2002 for only a couple of days and Im planing to go again this year. So...how much should I expect to espend per day without hotel?
Besides the U2 sightings...where do you recomend me to go?

Niamh_Saoirse said:

Well, that doesn't stop underage people to get pissed over here!

:wink:
welll technically I'm not underaged, in Holland that is... but if I move to any other country in the world I am.. :wink: we are the only country with Alcohol <20% and Tobacco available from age 16... and I can kinda understand why... in the beginning it might be fun.. but gets boring soon.. so we don't abuse it..w ell I dont... :wink: can I come now???? :hyper:

Patrixx said:
Been in Dublin in Feb. 2002 for only a couple of days and Im planing to go again this year. So...how much should I expect to espend per day without hotel?
Besides the U2 sightings...where do you recomend me to go?

See the Book of Kells at Trinity College- Ali graduated from there as well. Christchurch. Temple Bar area. Grafton Street for shopping. The theater they shot parts of the "Sometimes" video is either off Grafton street or close to it. Think it was called the Gaiety. My MIL saw Edge outside of it the day they were shooting the vid- he said hi to her!

Make sure you go to the Avoca shop in town. If you have the time, take a drive down to the mill- that place is incredible. Huge shopping area and big restaurant with really nice food. It's across from a huge field of lavender that smells divine as you drive near it. That is on the way to Glendalough- an unbelievable beautiful piece of the world in my opinion. Very historic as well and not far from downtown Dublin.

Here are some of my Glendalough pictures:

Glendalough2.jpg

Glendalough3.jpg

I should find some more of them- it is so gorgeous there.

Bona Vox said:
I'm going to stay at the Clarence for a night in May! I'm already looking forward to it! :) It will be my last night in Ireland...
I also paid 230 Euro for a room/night - you can book it online using the link on the Clarence homepage!

And I like the Octagon Bar! Miroslava- maybe we meet each other there one day ;)

have a great time.... question, does U2 own this hotel or does bono own it?.... Inquiring minds want to know, my daughter is going to Dublin in August and this is one place I want her to check out.

thanks
deirdre

deirdre said:

have a great time.... question, does U2 own this hotel or does bono own it?.... Inquiring minds want to know, my daughter is going to Dublin in August and this is one place I want her to check out.

thanks
deirdre

It is owned by Bono and The Edge :)

Back
Top Bottom