The Boys on Harleys at Superbowl

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BAW

The Flower
Has anyone else heard this? I just read on youtwo.net that the boys will be riding Harleys into the stadium at Superbowl halftime, and do Elevation surrounded by 1000 dancers. They will finish with Streets. This came from 2 different media sources so it could be true. Can you even imagine that!!!! Vroom vroom!!

[This message has been edited by Bono's American Wife (edited 01-03-2002).]

[This message has been edited by Bono's American Wife (edited 01-03-2002).]

Hello, fellow So Cal resident
smile.gif

Havent heard that, thisll prolly be the only time in my life that i actually watch the superbowl,lol! Or at least, the halftime show, hee hee!

------------------
Look...look what you've done to me...You've made me poor and infamous, and I thank you...

My name is MISS MACPHISTO...I'm tired and i want to go HOME...

"Well you tell...Bonovista,that i said hello and that my codename is Belleview" - Bono before opening night of Anaheim Elevation concert

Well tonight thank God it's them, instead of you...

Originally posted by Miss MacPhisto:
Hello, fellow So Cal resident
smile.gif

Havent heard that, thisll prolly be the only time in my life that i actually watch the superbowl,lol! Or at least, the halftime show, hee hee!

I hear ya, Miss Macphisto I have never watched the superbowl amd this probably gonna be the one and only time I watch it.
Oh, what I won't do for U2
smile.gif

Can't wait to see Bono on a Harley, hope he doesn't end up driving into the crowd, given his skills as a driver...

------------------
Get your head out of the mud baby...

All our songs are about God or women, and we often get the two mixed up.--Bono

My strongest trait is curiosity, I'm just lifting stones, you know, opening doors. Looking out windows, around corners, up skirts...--Bono

[This message has been edited by lady lemonade (edited 01-03-2002).]

Originally posted by lady lemonade:
I hear ya, Miss Macphisto I have never watched the superbowl amd this probably gonna be the one and only time I watch it.
Oh, what I won't do for U2
smile.gif

Can't wait to see Bono on a Harley, hope he doesn't end up driving into the crowd, given his skills as a driver...

You are so right Lady Lemondade...let's hope his legendary driving skills don't show up that night!

Q: Have you ever thought you were going die?

A: Yes, on the back of Bono's motorbike

Uh oh...

it's defintly going to be intresting.
biggrin.gif

------------------
)|( Vande )|(

"Rock 'n' roll is a term that's been heavily abused. It's not
something you can buy in a record shop. It's an attitude." -Adam

"And I wear grey underwear." -Bono

Love,
Emily

Visit my webpage for U2 wallpapers:
www.geocities.com/springtime5348/index.html

It?s cold outside, but brightly lit...

*rant!*

well, I'm cool with the Harleys (being from Milwaukee and my bro used to work there...oh, and the whole Larry thing), but the 1,000 dancers ranks SO HIGH on the cheese factor to me, that I hope they keep the camera angle really tight on the guys for their entire performance! I can't--and don't want to--imagine a bunch of spandex-clad, bouncy, Britney-esque dancers writhing around in all their flashy, tawdry sleaziness, while the guys are trying to crank out a U2 song of the nobler vein...

Somehow the whole thing just seems rather incongruous....at first I was excited about it, but um...well, I'll get back to you after the thing actually happens!

disco

bigeek.gif

*at the thought of Sparky on a motorcycle*
He doesn't look the type that would do something like that...he could injure himself!

------------------
"We've got great fans. They follow us through all sorts of changes,
and in many ways they encourage us to continue pursuing music that excites us."
-Adam

*+*MaRiA*+*
she is the dreamer....she's imagination

I read this and I haven't stopped laughing since. (Okay, I actually have.) I can't wait to see all of them on bikes, but for different reasons. Larry ... mmmmmm. Bono, ha! Somehow I can picture Edge on a Harley, too. Popmart Edge at least. I want to know what kind of dancers they're talking about. I mean, what kind of dance can you do to Elevation? I hope they're not Britney-types, but I can't imagine what else they could be. Unless the "dancers" are just fans on the field pogoing along to the song.
biggrin.gif
Now that I would love to be a part of.

------------------
"The minute anybody starts telling you what God thinks, or exactly why he does such and such, beware. People should never try to make God in man's image, and that's what they're constantly doing." - Madeleine L'Engle, 1963

"Some of my best friends are women. Some of my best friends dress up as women too." - Bono, Hot Press interview

"don't give up, you've got the music in you..."

Originally posted by Mirrorball Girl:
I mean, what kind of dance can you do to Elevation? I hope they're not Britney-types, but I can't imagine what else they could be. Unless the "dancers" are just fans on the field pogoing along to the song.
biggrin.gif

I hope it is not cheesy pop type dancers, I cannot see that happening, unless it was a bunch of bellydancers.
biggrin.gif

U2 and the solid gold dancers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This reeks of cheeze I'm sorry to say.

Pray for po-go-ers, not "dancers"......

Originally posted by Mirrorball Girl:
Unless the "dancers" are just fans on the field pogoing along to the song.
biggrin.gif

The Harley thing sounds cool (I can't really imagine the Edge on a motorcycle- that will be a sight to see!), but I'm not sure about the dancers. Hopefully it will be fans pogoing along like Mirrorball Girl suggested. Larry definitely needs to have his take-no-crap attitude now and make sure U2's performance doesn't become super cheesy.

63C004.jpg

Originally posted by Discoteque:
*rant!*

well, I'm cool with the Harleys (being from Milwaukee and my bro used to work there...oh, and the whole Larry thing), but the 1,000 dancers ranks SO HIGH on the cheese factor to me, that I hope they keep the camera angle really tight on the guys for their entire performance! I can't--and don't want to--imagine a bunch of spandex-clad, bouncy, Britney-esque dancers writhing around in all their flashy, tawdry sleaziness, while the guys are trying to crank out a U2 song of the nobler vein...

Somehow the whole thing just seems rather incongruous....at first I was excited about it, but um...well, I'll get back to you after the thing actually happens!

disco

Yeah. Me too. I know they always have dancers at the Super Bowl, but with U2? I'm kind of afraid, I hope our boys will be cool enough to make this a success despite the cheese. I only want to see U2! Maybe Larry and Adam should ride Bono and Edge in on the backs of their bikes!

------------------
"Walk On, stay safe tonight"

Originally posted by Giant Lemon:
The Harley thing sounds cool (I can't really imagine the Edge on a motorcycle- that will be a sight to see!), but I'm not sure about the dancers. Hopefully it will be fans pogoing along like Mirrorball Girl suggested. Larry definitely needs to have his take-no-crap attitude now and make sure U2's performance doesn't become super cheesy.

63C004.jpg

LMAO at your post and pic!!!!

No pogoing please!!!
icon30.gif

I have been waiting for Webshots to be up and running so that I could bring you this....

two out of four ain't bad.
biggrin.gif

28507639HWuJsZWvPu_ph.jpg

Moonie
biggrin.gif

------------------
If you ask me, I think it's all about drums.
"If a student with an accordion had come along, I would've played with them ya know...that was where I was at, I was that desperate to play with somebody."
(Larry, about his Mount Temple days, before forming U2)

*Larry, I played accordion. Can I have a drumstick?*
From the heart, on a blue sign, 11-18-01, Vegas

Tonight the moon has drawn its curtains
It's a private show no one else going to know
I'm wanting

(If You Wear That Velvet Dress)
Hit Gurl

Originally posted by moon_is_playing_tricks:
I have been waiting for Webshots to be up and running so that I could bring you this....

two out of four ain't bad.
biggrin.gif

28507639HWuJsZWvPu_ph.jpg

Moonie
biggrin.gif

thanks for posting this one Moonie! i think Lawrence can handle a Harley....it's the others that worry me!

------------------
*+*MaRiA*+*
She is the dreamer....she's imagination

Originally posted by Foadie:
I'm having wild thoughts about being where Bono is right now...
tongue.gif
That picture rocks! My favorite guys on my favorite type of transportation
biggrin.gif

That's funny, because I am having wild thoughts about being in Larry's position. I want Bono to rest his hand on my shoulder!!!

Back
Top Bottom