The Bono story was just on CNN!! I saw him!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Desire4Bono

Refugee
living in a rock and roll fantasy- and what's wron
I just saw the Bono story on CNN! It was just the lady talking on the phone to the anchorman and she said how primitive the conditions were there and they were having trouble setting up, but they showed video of Bono on the plane talking to her and O'Neil yesterday! He looked so cute, he was wearing his blue shades and his hair looked really nice, really full, neat and a little curled under, aww so cute! He was smiling and talking and he was glowing and his charisma really showed through even though there was no sound on it! So keep watching because he is on there! I'm sorry I didn't get to post before he came on but once he did I guess you know I was glued to the TV and VCR! Yes I got it on tape too! Maybe now the pics will be showing up on the wire services!

------------------
~"Everybody seems to think I'm lazy,
I don't mind, think they're crazy
running everywhere at such a speed
'til they find, there's no need!
Please don't spoil my day,
I'm miles away,
and after all, I'm only sleeping!"~
John Lennon

I saw it too!!!!!!!!!!!!!
YAHOOOOOOOOO!!!

------------------

DAVE EVANS ATTENDS MY SCHOOL, I have proof!

I want Bono, I want Larry, Edgie Edgie I love you hairy!
(meow mix tune)

"Where's my public? My God, they've deserted me! This is a crisis. We'd better do something. Stir up some publicity or something. 'Bono in under-age sex orgy.' That should do it. I want my public Back" - Bono 87'

I saw him too, he was the cutest thing! They said he was just coming back from Edge's bachelor party in NYC. They're supposed to have more coverage between 10:00AM and 12:00PM for the next couple of days.

------------------
Get your head out of the mud baby...

All our songs are about God or women, and we often get the two mixed up.--Bono

My strongest trait is curiosity, I'm just lifting stones, you know, opening doors. Looking out windows, around corners, up skirts...--Bono

I'm glad some of you got to see it too! I can't wait for all the upcoming reports, this is gonna be so cool. I'll just have to leave the TV and VCR on all the time and wait! They played "New Year's Day" on the intro and outro and said it was "always a good excuse to play the music of U2!" One of the other lady reporters sounded so jealous that Daryn got such a good assignment, going with Bono. She wanted to go, but wouldn't we all!!

------------------
I'm miles away,
John Lennon

here's the link to the story on cnn.com:
http://www.cnn.com/2002/WORLD/africa/05/21/bono.tour/index.html

they also say that we can e-mail questions to Bono. Go to cnn.com and scroll down halfway down the page
smile.gif

hullo!
where have u guys seen this cnn story? which show was it on and around what time (eastern preferably...i know i spelled that wrong)i've been watching CNN all day long and i haven't seen a thing yet...*ugh* i keep seeing some shark attack story. lol. *keeps on watching CNN*

saw it this morning at about 10:20. They'll probably show it again. It was pretty short though coz they had problem sending the video from Ghana.

------------------

My strongest trait is curiosity, I'm just lifting stones, you know, opening doors. Looking out windows, around corners, up skirts...--Bono

I just saw a tease for it...its coming up this hour (Pacific Time), but I don't know about other time zones.
smile.gif

Alright...watching CNN patiently.
I always (no joke) miss Bono on CNN, except for yesterday........
maybe I'll have better luck today.

Dammit, I missed the Today show, a Baby Story, and now I'm missing Mad about You all because I want to see Bono!
Man, I need a life.
I didn't miss it, did I? All that press conference sh*t took the whole freakin' hour...
I need to shower, but I don't want to miss Bono.......

thanx for all the tips! i just saw 2 clips of it. too bad they were short but it makes sense since the trip pretty much just started. took them forever to show it! lol.

They keep saying he's coming up but then he doesn't or it's just the same thing again. Once they set up their stuff we should see more. Maybe tommorrow at 10 they'll show something cool.

------------------
I'm miles away,
John Lennon

CNN's "Newsnight With Aaron Brown" (I'm not sure about the title, but I know Aaron Brown is the newscaster) is re-running the CNN report sometime between 10-11 p.m. EST. This show is rerun at 1 a.m. EST.
Happy viewing!

I saw it all and taped it!! It's fantastic. He's really doing good, and he's part of history! Of course he looks so good too
wink.gif
I love it when she calls him 'big rock star' or 'one of the biggest rock stars in the world' and he just answers the question without any comment about it, like he knows it, no false modesty! Well he is! He's amazing in so many ways. (((((BONO))))))

------------------
"I've been all over,
and it's been all over me!"

Oh, and for you music fans hungry for the next great U2 song? Bono believes he has written it. He sang it for my producer, Ted Winner, and me last night. More on that Thursday. Cnn.com
icon3.gif

Originally posted by oliveu2cm:
Oh, and for you music fans hungry for the next great U2 song? Bono believes he has written it. He sang it for my producer, Ted Winner, and me last night. More on that Thursday. Cnn.com
icon3.gif

oh my GOD!!! lucky lucky lady, that Daryn... wow!! *jealous*

i wonder if they caught it on tape?
wink.gif

They just had a commercial on CNN saying that Bono is going to be interviewd on Newsnight with Aaron Brown at 10:00PM tonight.

------------------

Originally posted by lady lemonade:
They just had a commercial on CNN saying that Bono is going to be interviewd on Newsnight with Aaron Brown at 10:00PM tonight.

biggrin.gif
Thanks fer the heads-up!!!

MAN I want a DVD and book set for all of this Africa stuff. I SERIOUSLY would WATCH and READ it all!!!

-----------------
~*Mona Vox of Easy Street*~

Back
Top Bottom