The Beautiful Men thread part...uh...I've lost count.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
U2democrat said:
For the first time in 20 years it wasn't on TV, but it was a live webcast.

Ah, okay.

Moonlit_Angel, who is that Neil guy?
I've seen a few pics but don't know who he is. :reject:

That's okay-happy to inform :D.

Neil Finn is the former lead singer of the bands Split Enz and Crowded House (Crowded House probably being the more likely of the two to be well-known-did that "Don't Dream It's Over" song, perhaps that'll ring a bell? :)). And he's done some solo stuff, too.

And I've had a crush on the guy for, oh, over a year, LOL :p. Do love the music, too, though...the guy's written some absolutely lovely songs. "Don't Dream It's Over" is just one example of that.

Angela

Last edited:
Ahh I get ya. I know Crowded House but not Split Enz I'm afraid. I recgonise his face a lot. So that'll be where it's from! Thanks :)

I'll check out that song!

Just downloaded the song and realised it's one of those best songs ever. I've always loved it, but never knew who it was by or what it was called! :drool:

MrsDarcy said:
Ahh I get ya. I know Crowded House but not Split Enz I'm afraid. I recgonise his face a lot. So that'll be where it's from! Thanks :)

You're welcome-glad that you were able to recognize at least one of the bands (would definitely recommend Split Enz to you, though, too :yes:. Good stuff there) :).

MrsDarcy said:
Just downloaded the song and realised it's one of those best songs ever. I've always loved it, but never knew who it was by or what it was called! :drool:

LOL, that's the case with a lot of people. For the longest time, I wasn't all that aware of who did the song, either. I just knew that one song for the longest time-heard it off and on since I was a child, and always liked it. And then last year, I just kinda stumbled into becoming a fan, and on things went from there.

I'll definitely agree with you about it being one of the best songs ever, too. It's simply lovely.

Happy to have helped trigger some memories for you here :D.

Angela

U2democrat said:

the elaine dance? :lol:

his wife is absolutely gorgeous...and so down to earth...and a good democrat :D

Somehow a girl I knew in highschool was related to John. I think her aunt was John's wife. At least that's what she said.

'Tis late, I'm bored, and therefore, I post a couple of pictures :D.

NeilFinn24.jpg

Black is a good color for the guy :yes:.

Also, so, yeah, tell me why I can't find guys like this at my school?:
NeilFinn2.jpg

Angela

I'm sure you could probably find some pictures of the guy around on the Internet-or maybe someone else here has some?

Also, a belated happy birthday to Bruce :up: :). Hope he had a good one.

And thanks to my sister, my problem regarding screen caps is now solved :hyper:! Unfortunately I don't have much longer to be on here, but I'm gonna get those made as soon as I can :yes: :D.

For now, though...
NeilFinn9.jpg

NeilFinn1.jpg

NeilFinn28.jpg

NeilFinn26.jpg

Angela

:hyper:

I just got my AUTOGRAPHED John Mellencamp poster!!!!!! :hyper:

It's not a copy either...he actually signed it on the Today Show...and I got it for free :D

Here's what it looks like:
8790_512.jpg

except his signature is at the top. :hyper::hyper:

ohmygod......i just realized i touched something the he himself touched too...........:faint:

That is very cool, U2democrat :up: :). I imagine this now has a special place of honor where it sits? :D.

I've not yet had the luxury of getting something signed by one of my favorite artists. I intend to change that someday :yes:. Actually, there's some club thing I'm planning on joining for one of them, and I can get that sort of thing that way. All I need now is some money to send to join, LOL (it's not much, either, only about 15 bucks).

Anywho, on to a few pictures...

NeilFinn36.jpg

NeilFinn14.jpg

NeilFinn13.jpg

Angela

Huh. How did I go so long without realizing this thread existed?

I have to say, I always had quite a fondness for Mr. Springsteen, but after seeing all those pictures, I now want to have ten thousand of his babies. :drool:

Ahem ... moving on, my favorites. Bono isn't pictured, but he's a given. He's #1 on my Laminated List. :sexywink:

George Clooney

george-clooney.jpg

Ewan MacGregor

ewan.jpg

Joaquin Phoenix

joaquin2.jpg

And Jason Bateman ... honestly, who ever would have guessed he'd end up such a hottie?

jason.jpg

U2democrat said:
He reminds me of someone but I can't think of who...it's driving me crazy! :lol:

LOL, oh, yeah?

Well, in some of the pictures/clips of him from the early 80s, again, I'm seeing a bit of a resembelance to Drake Bell (which is more noticeable when he's got more of a moptop type of hairdo or something like that)...could that be it? But at other times, hm, I don't know...*Goes off to think about this*.

Angela

Back
Top Bottom