The Beach House - Chapter 5 (03/17/2008)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dianepm

Professional Insomniac
If I lived any more north I'd be in Quebec. But I
Warning: The following chapter contains scenes of violence and mature subject matter. Viewer discretion is advised. (one of these days I’m going to steal the disclaimer at the beginning of South Park). Sorry this took so long, but it was a hard chapter to write, for more than one reason.

To the Mods: If this is too..much…please feel free to remove it. If it is, I’ll just re-edit it.

Disclaimer: I don’t know U2….blah blah blah.

The Beach House Chapter 5

Abby woke up the next morning and went out to the kitchen. She saw a single red rose in a glass vase and a note sitting in front of it.

Abby:

Come to my house when you feel up to it.
You don’t have to talk about it if you don’t
want to. I have a shoulder for you any time
you need it.

B

She took the rose in her hand and put it up to her nose to smell it. She had a small smile on her face. She went back to her room and got dressed. She looked at her clock and it said 10 am. She walked over to Bono’s house and saw through the window that Bono was sprawled on the couch with his green guitar. He had that far away look on his face again. She knocked and he jumped a little.

“Hi.” She said.

“Hi. Come on in. Ignore the mess, it’s the maid’s year off.” He said with a little laugh.

She went over to the couch and sat on one end of it. She pulled her knees up to her chest.

“It was my step-father.” She blurted out. “My dream, it was about him.”

Bono sat on the other end of the couch, silently waiting to see if she would say anymore.

“I was fourteen when it…started.” She said. “My mother..well..she was either drunk or stoned….or both. I don’t remember a time when she wasn’t. I think she knew, but she didn’t want to believe it. No one believed it.”

She looked over at Bono to see what his reaction was. He was just looking at her, waiting for her to continue.

“I think no one believed it because he was a cop. They aren’t supposed to be able to do stuff like that. He was well liked and well respected by everyone. I did try to report him once, but that only made things worse.” Abby told him. She didn’t realize that she was crying.

Bono wanted to comfort her, but he didn’t want to scare her. He reached out with his hand to pat her foot. She flinched when he touched her.

“You don’t have to talk about this if you don’t want to Abby.” Bono told her.

“You might as well hear the whole story.” Abby said. “One night, when I was sixteen, he decided that it wasn’t enough to just rape me. He wanted to really hurt me. He started hitting me and didn’t stop until I stopped him. I somehow got hold of the baseball bat and just started hitting him with it. I ran away after that.”

Bono just kept rubbing her foot. He didn’t know what to say to her.

“So that’s my story. I’m sorry you had to see me like that last night. My nightmares haven’t been that bad for awhile.” She said.

She went to get up and go back to her place when Bono stopped her.

“What happened to him? Is he still a cop?” He asked her.

“I don’t know. I haven’t seen him since that night. The only reason I saw my mother was because we were both at the will reading.” She said. “I should go back home. I don’t want to drag your day down.”

“You’re not. And you’re staying right where you are. I don’t want you to be alone.” He told her.

“Being alone is what I’m good at.” She said to herself. Bono heard her.

“Well, you’re not alone anymore. You have at least one friend now.” Bono said, smiling at her.

He went into his kitchen to make her some tea and to process what she told him. He could never understand how a man could hit a woman. He decided to make it his goal in life to make her laugh more and to become more comfortable with people.

He brought out tea for both of them and set the tray down on the coffee table. He deliberately sat down right next to her. She tried to get as far into the corner of the couch as she could.

He looked right into her face.

“Not all men hit.” He said in a quite voice.

“All the men I know do.” She said quietly.

“Not all love. You know me.” He said with a small smile.

“No Bono, I don’t know you.” She said looking him straight in the eyes.

At that moment Abby’s stomach decided to let out a loud growl. Bono frowned at her.

“When was the last time you ate?” he asked in a concerned voice.

“Supper last night.” She lied. She hadn’t eaten anything since breakfast yesterday.

“Abby, you need to take care of yourself and the little one growing inside you.” He said. He laid a hand over her stomach. He noticed that it had started to poke out a little bit.

“I know, I just lost my appetite. I wasn’t feeling well this morning.” She told him, not quite looking in his eyes.

“I’m going to make some breakfast. I hope you like eggs because that’s about the only thing I can make that won’t send you to the hospital.” He said smiling.

Abby leaned against the back of the couch and just let out a big sigh. She wasn’t used to people taking care of her. Usually, when she was like this she got ignored. No one had cared if she ate or slept or even breathed. All of a sudden she started to cry again.

Bono came out with two plates of scrambled eggs and quickly put them down when he saw her crying. He went over and just pulled her into his chest. She tightened up and went stiff. He could feel her trying to pull away from him.

“It’s ok love, I’m not going to hurt you.” He whispered to her.

After a few minutes, he could feel her starting to loosen up a little. He felt one of her hands flat against his chest. He hoped she wasn’t going to push him away.

Abby willed herself to relax. Although she still didn’t trust him, she knew he wasn’t going to hurt her. She just wished he’d stop touching her. She felt his lips press a small kiss to the top of her head.

‘Is this what it feels like to be safe?’ she wondered to herself.

I can see why you had trouble writing this, but it's really good!

I've no problem with changing titles :p only those re-reading might!

youvedonewhat said:
:drool: Call it what you will, just give us some more warm Bonochest...:drool:

^ :lol: :yes: :up:

this was very moving, diane. :cute: and the new title would be perfect. :up:

that was really sweet - you really do have a talent for writing!, i think the title change would be great!
I cant wait for the next chapter

Aye Aye Aye Aye Aye Aye Aye Aye Aye Aye Aye Aye

Oh, okay I will stop... I think you get the picture... :evil:

"Warm" is the perfect way to describe the bonochest!

I think we should have tee-shirts printed with "give us the warm bonochest!" and all go down to HQ.

Waddyathink?!

:yes:

Carrie

Carrie Anderson said:
Aye Aye Aye Aye Aye Aye Aye Aye Aye Aye Aye Aye

Oh, okay I will stop... I think you get the picture... :evil:

"Warm" is the perfect way to describe the bonochest!

I think we should have tee-shirts printed with "give us the warm bonochest!" and all go down to HQ.

Waddyathink?!

:yes:

Carrie

I wouldn't mind going down to HQ wearing a tee shirt which says;

Bono. You can lay your head against mine if you let me lay my head against yours.

:evil:

Any other slogans, girls?

Sorry, hi jacking thread... :reject:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom